OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Why didn't I notice Mackenzie on the show? When? Last night? Missed it...but I only half watch anyway.

Sophia Lucia should have been picked over the other girl

I heard Maddie say "these kids" once and I was like "um okay, child"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The National Dance Day thing; she was in that and referred to say "Maddie Ziegler's little sister mackenzie"...I cringed!

I just watched last nights episode and I feel like they should of had a ballet & jazz team as well. I'm really sad Sophia wasn't chosen but I wasn't shocked either because her strongest suit isn't ballroom. I feel like the competition is being set up for Tate to win she's already won the dance awards which is the most prestigious competition in dance beating out Maddie Ziegler. Sophia won in 2014 and is such well known in the dance world that I feel like she would of brought in a lot of viewers. It seemed like some kids were better technique wise than others chosen and it was pretty disappointing. I'll probably keep watching but if Tate is eliminated I'm out.

Why didn't I notice Mackenzie on the show? When? Last night? Missed it...but I only half watch anyway.

Sophia Lucia should have been picked over the other girl

I heard Maddie say "these kids" once and I was like "um okay, child"

I'm wondering if Sophia was who they actually wanted, but she chose not to compete for one reason or another.

I just watched last nights episode and I feel like they should of had a ballet & jazz team as well. I'm really sad Sophia wasn't chosen but I wasn't shocked either because her strongest suit isn't ballroom. I feel like the competition is being set up for Tate to win she's already won the dance awards which is the most prestigious competition in dance beating out Maddie Ziegler. Sophia won in 2014 and is such well known in the dance world that I feel like she would of brought in a lot of viewers. It seemed like some kids were better technique wise than others chosen and it was pretty disappointing. I'll probably keep watching but if Tate is eliminated I'm out.

I feel like the second Ruby chose Jonathan the plot went to hell---I think Sophia was supposed to be the 'wildcard' who actually made it through. After last night's picks I'm 100% sure it's producer-driven casting not necessarily merit.

I feel like the second Ruby chose Jonathan the plot went to hell---I think Sophia was supposed to be the 'wildcard' who actually made it through. After last night's picks I'm 100% sure it's producer-driven casting not necessarily merit.
Nigel is known for putting people through because he thinks they have a better "story"/will bring ratings in.
Not surprised by that at all. I felt it would have been better had they kept the top two With each coach. I side-eyed some of those cuts last night. And what is Maddie's role in all of this - why is she even there?

Not surprised by that at all. I felt it would have been better had they kept the top two With each coach. I side-eyed some of those cuts last night. And what is Maddie's role in all of this - why is she even there?

To judge on the live show, but I think it's to be the 'nice' one.

Agreed. She seemed awkward. I think she's there to bring her fans and the dance moms audience. My daughter was so excited to hear she was doing the show....she could be a still graphic in the corner of the screen and she'd watch just for that.

I was surprised Sophia wasn't picked but I really really liked the girl that was picked in her place. I might have missed something why was she in that group? No one else was contemporary right?

since this is now basically the SYTYCD thread... is this child not Holden Ray in his youth elite days? It actually freaks me out.
maxresdefault.jpg

I feel like Sophia wasn't shown enough for me to make a judgment on whether or not she did well in this arena, but I can't imagine her not doing well. She is a technical genius as he said and she has never failed to deliver emotion/emoting so I doubt she would now.

I feel like Sophia wasn't shown enough for me to make a judgment on whether or not she did well in this arena, but I can't imagine her not doing well. She is a technical genius as he said and she has never failed to deliver emotion/emoting so I doubt she would now.
The problem was she was placed on a ballroom team. Ruby is amazing a ballroom but also has great flexibility and technique so if I had to choose on between he two if they had a ballroom mentor it would be ruby

The problem was she was placed on a ballroom team. Ruby is amazing a ballroom but also has great flexibility and technique so if I had to choose on between he two if they had a ballroom mentor it would be ruby

Then the whole picking of teams should have been re-done...the all-stars were forced to pick 3 in their style and 2 not in their style. If they are expected to only pick from their study, why bother with the wild cards? It's a flawed system. As for Ruby, she was good---but not a Sophia. Sophia, imo, is the only dancer who could have matched Tate. Now Tate has zero competitions if we're being honest.

No one picked their wild card kid. That whole option was just pointless because I feel like the connection is totally different or just not there trying to guide a kid that isn't your primary style.

ETA: @SL&AM, your latest post wasn't loaded when I was writing but you basically said what I wanted to say haha

Then the whole picking of teams should have been re-done...the all-stars were forced to pick 3 in their style and 2 not in their style. If they are expected to only pick from their study, why bother with the wild cards? It's a flawed system. As for Ruby, she was good---but not a Sophia. Sophia, imo, is the only dancer who could have matched Tate. Now Tate has zero competitions if we're being honest.

I think Avery could have taken Tate. I personally feel they didn't show enough of Avery because her team's film time went to Tate, but she has mini YAGP and a bronze medal. Tate has a silver YAGP win. Putting them on the same team was cruel.

Back