OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
anyone saw Sias new music video The greatest ? It's symbolize Orlando shooting and I almost cried first time I watched it. Maddie and other dancers did grest job!!

anyone saw Sias new music video The greatest ? It's symbolize Orlando shooting and I almost cried first time I watched it. Maddie and other dancers did grest job!!
If you didn't tell me that it was about the Orlando shootings I'm not sure I would've totally got it. Like i wouldve gotten it but i wouldnt have GOTTEN it. The message wasnt as clear like the message of Chandliere, for example, was. The second time I picked up on a few more things that made that clearer. Like what looks like maddie screaming "get up" while the kids were all lying on the floor and her screaming at the kids "go, go, go" trying to get them out.

Anyways, it was another amazing video. I adore Sia and the videos she produces. I love maddie's acting and dancing in them too. Say what you want about maddie but she commits to the sia role and does a dang good job at it. I'm so glad Sia chose her. I could watch their music videos all day long.

Guess I'm off to go download the new song :)

Last edited:
If you didn't tell me that it was about the Orlando shootings I'm not sure I would've totally got it. Like i wouldve gotten it but i wouldnt have GOTTEN it. The message wasnt as clear like the message of Chandliere, for example, was. The second time I picked up on a few more things that made that clearer. Like what looks like maddie screaming "get up" while the kids were all lying on the floor and her screaming at the kids "go, go, go" trying to get them out.

Anyways, it was another amazing video. I adore Sia and the videos she produces. I love maddie's acting and dancing in them too. Say what you want about maddie but she commits to the sia role and does a dang good job at it. I'm so glad Sia chose her. I could watch their music videos all day long.

Guess I'm off to go download the new song :)

First time I watched it I was like well this looks like it could symbolize Orlande shooting but than reading comments it's totally clear it does symbolize. Maddies lgbt flag on cheeks, number of dances is the same number of people that died that night, Maddie screaming go go go trying to get them out, than she is checking for dead bodies, 4:07 symbolise people trying to call families in terror, kids in the video symbolise how every person that died was someones kid and some, dots at 3:50 in the back are bullet holes. One of the best videos this year imo.

First time I watched it I was like well this looks like it could symbolize Orlande shooting but than reading comments it's totally clear it does symbolize. Maddies lgbt flag on cheeks, number of dances is the same number of people that died that night, Maddie screaming go go go trying to get them out, than she is checking for dead bodies, 4:07 symbolise people trying to call families in terror, kids in the video symbolise how every person that died was someones kid and some, dots at 3:50 in the back are bullet holes. One of the best videos this year imo.

I was wondering if the number of kid dancing was for each person who died but I didn't have the mental power to count them all last night. I didn't pick up on the bullet holes thing though so that's very cool. At 3:14, it looks like Maddie mouths "I'm not sorry" and I wonder if that was to symbolize the shooter (not being sorry for what he'd done) or the people inside (not being sorry for living their life as who they really were).

Sia is one of those artists who has a purpose to her art and she follows through with the thought to it's entirety. And her stuff is almost as orginal as one can get these days and it's very raw. Not a lot of "artists" can do that stuff now and I think it makes her stand out even more. I like that she creates things for the sake of creating things, not for the sake of fame. She's an amazing artist, I can't wait to see what videos come out of her next album!

since this is the pseudo-SYTYCD thread... *spoiler* but what? Actually stoked Kida won, I was hoping for he and Tate to be top 2, but JT runner up?! Over Tate? The kid can't even point his toes. Girl can dance circles around him.

I feel like everyone was all, "oh Tate will win" and no one voted for her.

since this is the pseudo-SYTYCD thread... *spoiler* but what? Actually stoked Kida won, I was hoping for he and Tate to be top 2, but JT runner up?! Over Tate? The kid can't even point his toes. Girl can dance circles around him.

I screamed WHAT loud enough to shake the house when they announced Tate as 3rd. JT should have gone home a while ago. I hate voting shows :mad: but at least Kida won. He actually pushed himself in every genre that was thrown at him and he looked great doing it.

I voted for Tate. Via text and app. That app is now deleted. Like I literally turned off the show after she was announced 3rd.
But I also feel like this is another Benji/Travis situation, because I'm pretty sure Travis not winning (like way back season 1 or 2) was why they changed the tag line from "America's Best Dancer" to "America's Favorite Dancer" because Travis was a superior dancer to Benji in every way possible and he lost.

I voted for Tate as well. Was really hoping for Emma and Tate in the top 2 but once it came down to Kida and JT I was just hoping JT wouldn't win.

JT got 2nd because he was cute; Tate not winning has got to be the biggest tragedy, but I can understand why Kida would outvote her based on what people like to watch style wise. That said, the fact that JT outvoted Emma and Tate shows that the results can be swayed by cuteness/youth. JT shouldn't have gotten to the live shows to begin with, let alone, to the end.

Glad it's over...can we get back to the adults now?

The guy that announced awards on last nights episode was the mascot at my college when I cheered.

He also went on Michael Jackson's funeral with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddie and Mackenzie have their own dolls :confused: not too sure about the resemblance

Last edited:
SYTYCD is over, but I found this interview interesting: Calgary teen left mark on So You Think You Can Dance | TV | Entertainment | Toro

I know Cali has strict child labor laws but I never connected that with their dance practice. If outside of learning, they were only given three hours a week to practice their solo, group dance, mentor duo, and kid duo, I give them more props than I did originally.
im curious to know if any of the judges from during the academy process and the final judges had heard of tate before. I wouldnt put her necessarily on the sophia lucia level before she caught her big break, but ive heard and seen tates' dances way before she ever went on SYTYCD.

im curious to know if any of the judges from during the academy process and the final judges had heard of tate before. I wouldnt put her necessarily on the sophia lucia level before she caught her big break, but ive heard and seen tates' dances way before she ever went on SYTYCD.
I'm pretty sure most people in the dance world know Tate's name before SYTYCD. Tate won The Dance Awards last year which is as close to Worlds as we have in the dance community other than the Youth America Grand Prix is for ballet. Tate actually beat Maddie for the title(Maddie got 4th which I thought was pretty generous for the solo she performed.) Tate then went on tour this year with Break the Floor Productions which owns some of the most prestigious dance conventions in the dance world such as Jump and Nuvo. I don't believe she was allowed to compete this year due to a rule where the best dancer is not allowed to compete for a year and then can't compete till they level up to the next division which Tate will be a Teen this year so she is leveling up. But I know Tate's done numerous commercials and has been wildly talked about most in the dance community thought she would win once Sophia was eliminated. She was actually the main reason I watched as long as I did but I did eventually give up because other than Tate I wasn't too impressed with this season. Pretty much anybody who is involved in the dance community knows Tate she is pretty much main stream like Cheer Athletics and Cheer Extreme is in the cheer world.

Back