All-Star The Future Of All-star Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 20, 2010
Where do you guys think cheerleading will be in 20 years? Alot of senior aged cheerleaders by that time will have children in cheering. Do you think that the big name gyms will still be the top contenders or will there still be a cheerleading worlds? Its crazy to think how much cheerleading will change in the future looking back at our past.

Kids are starting younger and younger. Out here almost all the gyms have pretty legit tiny teams! By the time they are 9 they have doubles and level 6 flying skills...lol

Kids are starting younger and younger. Out here almost all the gyms have pretty legit tiny teams! By the time they are 9 they have doubles and level 6 flying skills...lol
Mini Level 6!?!
eek.png
haha .

For us here I think the model has been written by you guys in the US and I hope we will be working towards the set up you have!

It would be great to see Worlds being hosted by different countries although I know that is a long way off at the moment, but it would be great for countries to 'host' like the Olympics. The difference it would make to the level of cheer in the host country would be huge!

i think there will be a lot more rules. Allstar cheerleading has really blown up in the last few years, and teams are getting better and better, to the point where every team has to do the same thing to max out and win (large senior division comes to mind with this). There probably will be very strict limits on age groups. i.e., only 14-18 years of age for a senior division, not 12-18. I also think there will be less gyms because the smaller, less successful ones will lose all of their athletes to the big names. And i think the big names will come and go, just like they do in every other sport. Top Gun, World Cup, Cheer Extreme, etc. will have good teams some years, and not so good teams other years. Its hard to tell.

i think there will be a lot more rules. Allstar cheerleading has really blown up in the last few years, and teams are getting better and better, to the point where every team has to do the same thing to max out and win (large senior division comes to mind with this). There probably will be very strict limits on age groups. i.e., only 14-18 years of age for a senior division, not 12-18. I also think there will be less gyms because the smaller, less successful ones will lose all of their athletes to the big names. And i think the big names will come and go, just like they do in every other sport. Top Gun, World Cup, Cheer Extreme, etc. will have good teams some years, and not so good teams other years. Its hard to tell.

like she said /\ /\ /\
rember when like the late 90s ish, cheer athletics was like THE best all star team, i mean they r still veryyyyyyyyyyyy good but i mean over the years their legacy is lost and teams r becoming better then them , like cali is giving them a run for their money. but the thing is years and years from posiably cheer extreme might not be the best it could be some other fresh new gym ... we wil just have to wait and see what the future has in store ...

I hope they make it so you only get ONE chance at a bid to worlds because almost anyone can go now with the amount of bids they give out its easy and it shouldn't be it should be a privledge to go and you should truely earn it!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they make it so you only get ONE chance at a bid to worlds because almost anyone can go now with the amount of bids they give out its easy and it shouldn't be it should be a privledge to go and you should truely earn it!!!!!!!!!!

Well i don't know about only 1 chance, since we are human, and mistakes can happen. But I agree, getting a bid is way too easy. I miss when worlds was the best of the best, not just everyone who can score an at large bid

yeah exactly and i personally think they should bring back the JUNIOR division at worlds there are some AMAZING talented young girls who deserve to compete at worlds why just seniors? AND i hope they have worlds in different places like LOS ANGELES, DALLAS, NEW YORK, ATLANTA, LAS VEGAS etc.... somewhere new and exciting every year wouldn't everyone look forward to it more??? ive been to florida so many times i know what the entire resort looks like

How about Worlds is actually a world competition and we leave our boarders; until we do it is really a nationals.

I think the next twenty years will see other countries emerge to become true competitors. Cheerleading will be a recognized sport nationally and internationally.

i agree with everything you said. i think there will be a lot less gyms because anymore, all people want to do is go to the big gyms. and i think a lot more rules will come into play to make it mor edifficult to max out, becuase like posted earlier we will end up with mini level 6

As far as worlds goes... I've heard some chatter of some competition companies leaving USASF and creating/going to a new company and trying to make their own "Worlds" because they do not like the rules & regulations by USASF. Well I don't think it's going to happen unless EVERY company leaves USASF, only because USASF is so huge. Not to mention you can't create a new Worlds, it has evolved so much from the beginning and it has grown so huge. The prestige associated with Worlds is incredible and it's not something you can start on your own.

Back