All-Star The Future Of All-star Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May I propose this: Things I see changing within the next 20 years:

- Uniforms: I think the opposite of what people say is going to happen will happen. If you follow fashion you will see that trends have turn around time. Which is the same reason why skinny jeans were popular in the 80's and came back in 2010. So I would venture a guess to say that while I dont expect sweaters and pleated skirts to come back, I wouldnt be suprised if a cleaner, stream lined look started to arise in years to come.

- Rules: I agree with the age caps. Before you know it the level of competition is going to be so high that I believe they are going to have bottoms. Especially for the junior and senior level.

- Restrictions on younger levels: With the talk about removing youth 5, and mini 3 and all that comes with it I think the reality comes back to, just because a child can do it doesnt mean we should let them. To say having a 8 year old doing double fulls doesnt increase the risk of injuries down the road would be a crazy thought. For the same reason why we dont allow 13 year olds to drive cars, even though they may be able to , I dont believe we should allow 8 &9 year olds to catch other 8 &9 year olds from double downs.

- I actually think the young levels are going to take the cake in years to come. With the progressions improving, as well as increasing awareness on safety and training, I think our younger squads will be more well rounded and consistant as they progress through the years.

- Lastly, I hope in time All Star cheerleading can become more affordable. I know so many students with an emense about of talent and drive, and their parents simply cannot afford the insane prices we pay for all star cheerleading. Its sad. We miss out on so much raw natural talent.

And those are my thoughts =)

hopefully in the future cheerleading will be in the olympics. i can't wait for that because people will be able to see what we do more. i hate when people say its not a sport. it DEFINETLY is.

Back