All-Star The Future Of All-star Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i hope it doesn't drastically change. Obviously some changes are necessary, but i dont want changes made that will take away from the sport we know and love. hopefully it will be more recognized and all the athletes will get the credit they deserve. i think other countries will start to catch up the the US and Worlds, if it's still around (hopefully), will be a true Worlds competition. i think i could go on and on about what will and what i hope will happen in the future....

obviously uniforms are going to be insanely different considering how fast the evolve now. I hope that it doesnt change so much that when my daughters are in cheering their sport is something totally different then what I did. I also am sure that alot of big name gyms will close and all new ones will appear. its a cycle and even though we dont want it always, change is going to happen no doubt

I would love to see them in the future put a bottom age on the level 5 junior division. They have no right to take away youth 5, or bring up the senior age to 14, unless they concentrate on the center of those divisions: junior. Universal Scoresheet is an absolute must. It's an essential part in becoming a "sport". And I can't wait to get some new big gyms. I hope the Maryland teams combine to be unstoppable, same with Southern California, NC and Georgia.

And I think there will be major competition companies popping up and banning together to rival worlds. When a couple teams like Cheer Athletics, Cheer Extreme, World Cup, and Top Gun decide that for just one year they'll take their teams someplace else because the USASF created a rule that big gyms don't like, Worlds immediately loses it's prestige. The crowd and money goes where the big gym goes. Worlds isn't Worlds unless you see panthers claws coming out, senior elite x'ing people out, Top Gun testing ESPN's censorship laws with their uniforms having less and less fabric then the year before, and Stars dancing to show tunes while lights malfunction in an oddly appealing way. Because whether you accept it or not, Big Dogs run this crap. I'm just saying if "StingraySpiritofGeorgiaTwistGunsCaliExtremeACEAthleticsForceElite competition company" pops up when a rule or scoresheet that the big gyms hate enough comes along, don't act surprised. Because when that happens, little gyms, medium gyms, other large gyms and everything in between will tag along, and "Worlds" will just be neighbors to the Soviet Union and The Backstreet Boys within the years following. Or maybe I'm wrong, and I'm making all this up in my delusional head. I've done that before so it's quite possible the USASF just becomes a monopoly of cheerleading in the next 2 decades.

obviously uniforms are going to be insanely different considering how fast the evolve now. I hope that it doesnt change so much that when my daughters are in cheering their sport is something totally different then what I did. I also am sure that alot of big name gyms will close and all new ones will appear. its a cycle and even though we dont want it always, change is going to happen no doubt

my coach and i talked about this the other day. The uniforms we wear - flashy tops, skirts, etc. are not practical for what we do. i also think that uniforms are going to be spanx/bikers and sports bras within the next 10 years. some teams are slowly making the change already - the shorts bottoms instead of skirts, and tops with separate sleeves. think about it... is a long sleeve top and skirt really necessary? we dont practice like that. as much as id hate to see the uniforms go, i think sports bras and spanx are a much more practical option.

Iamshannon said:
is a long sleeve top and skirt really necessary? we dont practice like that. as much as id hate to see the uniforms go, i think sports bras and spanx are a much more practical option.
This makes a lot of sense. What do football teams practice in? Jerseys, football, pants and pads.. the same thing they play the game in. Baseball, same practice and game. Wrestling, same practice and meets. Basketball, same practice and games. Swimmers, same practice and meets.

I hope to see cheerleading become more of a coed sport. Obviously, boys play a huge role in the industry, but if their was all-male just like there is all-girl? I'd bet in 25-30 years, boys will be BOOMING in all star cheer!

I also hope that more boys start when they are younger, and that we lose this whole "gay" stereotype. I think us fierceboarders know more than anyone that not all male cheerleaders are gay. We need those beastly guys to keep unlimited coed and semi (maybe soon to be large and medium coed) alive, and its just disrespectful to have stereotypes, whether its about girls or boys, because we all know that cheering in general has quite the stereotype...

First of all, I don't think there will be any more back spots, which makes me kind of sad because I am a back spot. Every time a new skill is developed it eventually becomes the standard. For example, everyone used to do team toe touch baskets. Then a kick double was introduced, and not long after everyone was kick doubling. Now, to receive the maximum points you need a hitch kick or a kick kick double. The tumbling we are doing now is harder than the best of 20 years ago. A full isn't enough to receive maximum points, and a double isn't even.. We now need majority mixi passes or trick doubles to receive the maximum amount of points. Anyways, we are already seeing all girl groups compete basic stunt sequences with only two girls beneath. I think in 20 years unless a stunt is insane, there will be no back spots.

Also, as other people were saying, I completely agree with the uniforms point. Like all fashion and clothes, it changes so quickly. Even comparing the modern uniforms today from like 5 or 10 years ago.

worktowin said:
there will be no back spots.

I remember when front spots started being eliminated. I was a backspot, but I remember sometime in middle school being like "Wha? No front spot? HOW WILL WE EVER STAY UP!" It might just be an age/level thing, but anywho- that story stuck out to me when reading this.

As far as worlds goes... I've heard some chatter of some competition companies leaving USASF and creating/going to a new company and trying to make their own "Worlds" because they do not like the rules & regulations by USASF. Well I don't think it's going to happen unless EVERY company leaves USASF, only because USASF is so huge. Not to mention you can't create a new Worlds, it has evolved so much from the beginning and it has grown so huge. The prestige associated with Worlds is incredible and it's not something you can start on your own.

Since Cheerleading is not a sport with universal rules USASF does not hold the rights to "Worlds". If I wanted to hold Cheerleading Worlds in my backyard I could. I wish they called Worlds something else like I don't know . . . Nationals. Every other sport to compete at Worlds you must first qualify at your nationals and be named to the national team. Any other sport you know that holds their Worlds at the same location and venue year after year. Any? Nope.

If this performance sport wants to be recognized as an athletic sport and one day possible be in the Olympic, cheerleading is going to have to follow the same protocol as other sports.

JMO

gymcoach said:
If this performance sport wants to be recognized as an athletic sport and one day possible be in the Olympic, cheerleading is going to have to follow the same protocol as other sports.

But we're special :)

I kid, I kid. It is interesting it's "Worlds" but it's in Orlando, FL every year and dominated by the US.

Back