All-Star The Golden Oldies... The Old Cheer Trends.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

lol you should watch my high school team's pyramid last year. I'm pretty sure we were bouncing for a higher percentage of time than we were doing actual skills! I'm glad the extra billion dips aren't a thing in allstar anymore. Everything is cleaner with less dips!
Oh my gosh this year my stunt group was like "ok so big dips or are we doing little then big" like how about we just do one solid dip and go... no need to try to synchronize the team bounces!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

yup...and then excel was added at some point

Were they actual difficulty separations, like level 1-6 are today, or were they something else? It's been a while since I've been in allstars, but I distinctly remember my old gym hanging those novice, intermediate, and advanced banners.

Last edited:
Where they actual difficulty separations, like level 1-6 are today, or were they something else? It's been a while since I've been in allstars, but I distinctly remember my old gym hanging those novice, intermediate, and advanced banners.
The rules have changed since then. But at one point we had Beginner (level 1), Novice (level 2), Intermediate (level 3), Excel (level 4) and Advanced (aka Elite, level 5). They roughly translate to those levels.

Circa 2003........................

-Actually using ribbon (cut from a spool) instead of premade hairbows
2zowtbt.jpg

-Glitter lips. If I had a dollar for every time I accidentally consumed that darn fire engine red glitter.......
28qu9zc.jpg

-Sequin fabric on uniforms & bows
10zsjk7.jpg

-"cutie booties" bloomers (because who wouldn't want a star butt?)
Also, underwear cut bloomers rather than shorts bloomers
vrczs9.jpg

lol you should watch my high school team's pyramid last year. I'm pretty sure we were bouncing for a higher percentage of time than we were doing actual skills! I'm glad the extra billion dips aren't a thing in allstar anymore. Everything is cleaner with less dips!
Yes! My freshman year was the last year we double bounced and we were all so confused when she told us we weren't doing two anymore lol

263969_527296983952668_871285574_n.jpg

What about the arm bands on bodysuits?? I remember them being super tight and uncomfortable. I usually just see the plain bodysuits now! Although I really do think this uniform was gorgeous, kinda bums me out that people opt for the plain cheaper ones now

Back