All-Star The Golden Oldies... The Old Cheer Trends.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

what are you talking about?! you know there was an underground market of VHS tapes of your competitors...
Haha - this made me remember one of my daughters first comps a parent of a girl on her team made them all a VHS copy of that comp performance with all their names scrolling down - it was cute - how technology has changed and it really doesn't seem that long ago!

We used to have competition cheers that we would say before and after each team performance

good luck, good luck girls, good luck good luck.
A-w-e-s-o-m-e, awesome, awesome Totally.

There's so many more, like who rocks the house, we've got spirit, go fight win, etc etc.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We used to have competition cheers that we would say before and after each team performance

good luck, good luck girls, good luck good luck.
A-w-e-s-o-m-e, awesome, awesome Totally.

There's so many more, like who rocks the house, we've got spirit, go fight win, etc etc.

In HS, we had "give (clap) those (clap) girls a hand, gotta give those girls a hand (clap clap.)"

We'd use it after other teams' halftime performances at away games, camp, etc.

Lol I'm only 17 but started all star cheer at 10..... before there levels and we wore shell tops, tight curls,stars on our face,big block shoes with changing colors, socks with our team name on them and our bows weren't bows....but weird ribbon things made by a team mom haha still have pics

Did anyone else have the converse cheer shoes with the stars that you could change the color of? Loved those.
I only started cheering in 2008 and we still had a lot of the things mentioned. Never had a zipper/button uni in allstar though! :cool: when I started they were the norm though.

they still do that in sweden. just a short cheer and no pompoms or anything like that just words yelling. the higher leel teams do a cheer before the program with signs and pom poms though.

i hate it, for me it just destroys the flow of the routine! I do not have a problem with the cheer before the routine though, that is totally fine with me, but right in the middle, ugh

Did anyone else have the converse cheer shoes with the stars that you could change the color of? Loved those.
I only started cheering in 2008 and we still had a lot of the things mentioned. Never had a zipper/button uni in allstar though! :cool: when I started they were the norm though.

i had those! They are still somewhere in my basement haha, looking at them now they seem to be gigantic in comparison to the nfinitys

Back