All-Star The Majors By Jamfest Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off topic ...
This article is really ridiculous. While I agree that being a "national" champion isn't really that big a deal anymore because of the number of "national champions" out there, I think the scathing description of cheer and our industry is a bit overblown. To say that none of us are properly trained is really not fair. I shouldn't waste my breath because it's really just another article about how cheerleading creates a billion injuries more than any other sport EVERY year, and I have never seen where these articles measure this information. Further, there is no division between all-star and school/rec cheer, and there's definitely no acknowledgment of the training that us coaches go through even though none of it is actually REQUIRED to coach.
"Empty victories" that was harsh! A lot of us work very hard and are very proud of our victories big or small! I agree this was a ridiculous article!

if you don't like it, don't go to the majors. watch these teams on youtube like everyone else who is across the country and can't be there.

I believe it will be in the awards arena and the stadium seating will be the priority seating. There is also a banquet for the athletes, staffs and parents. You know, I think this hits on the essence of the question. Can All Star Cheer become a spectator sport similar to other major sporting events where people will pay to see live performances and get away from athlete financing of the event with the resultant perceptions of pagents. I think it can.

Well the good news is everyone complaining about $10 won't be taking up seats at Worlds!!! $10, really!? Some of the top 10 teams in the country throwing down, I'd charge more haha and I bet it would still be a full house!!!

I'm with you. With the right format, locations and teams, I think this can fly.

It is something new. If innovative and successful the concept does not have to be limited to any one company. And while talking about these potential changes for the life of me, I have no idea why the coaches/owners do not do something like pro golfers do with the TPC concept of player ownership of courses and tournaments. They hold all the credibilty and influence with the athletes and parents who pay the bills. I like the coaches and could care less about the companies that promote, although I understand their improtance. That said, having had interactions with cheer in Europe, the team that gets this trip is going to have a blast. They will be Rock Stars for a week. They deserve it, and so do the staffs. I think it will do well.

It is something new. If innovative and successful the concept does not have to be limited to any one company. And while talking about these potential changes for the life of me, I have no idea why the coaches/owners do not do something like pro golfers do with the TPC concept of player ownership of courses and tournaments. They hold all the credibilty and influence with the athletes and parents who pay the bills.

Gym-run events have been tried many times. Typically, other gyms do not want to compete at these events for fear of conflict of interest. When the person running the event has a vested interest in some of the teams competing, the impartiality of the judging is naturally going to be questioned.

welll one im not even being rude this is typing so things can be put in a different way. everyone is titled to there opinions so i can too. i just dont think that you should have to pay 10 bucks for something like that when you already are at the comp for free basically. i completely understand that it is tottaly a different comp but it is still at the same place and i was looking forward to going there and watching those teams but now i cantt. i am sorry to everyone who took what i said in the wrong way but i just didnt feel like looking for the same question in 13 pages because some of that talk has nothing to do with the majors. thanks:):cheering:
You said it yourself, WHy would you pay $10 for for something when you are already at that competition. Guess what hunny, thats an entirely DIFFERENT competition. THAT competition your speaking of IS for Free- its called jamfest. If your upset about it dont go to the Majors or better yet, DONT GET STARBUCKS! DONT GO TO THE MALL AND SHOP, or dont eat the overpriced lunch! See problem solved. You just saved yourself $10 ;)

Gym-run events have been tried many times. Typically, other gyms do not want to compete at these events for fear of conflict of interest. When the person running the event has a vested interest in some of the teams competing, the impartiality of the judging is naturally going to be questioned.

I suspect. But the TPC includes all touring pros and is done through a foundation type entity. Just a thought, but if everybody had partial ownership than that concern would be minimized. I guess it gets down to business models, the definition of what the industry should be and how it should be governed. I think the owners and staffs need to assume a much greater role.

You said it yourself, WHy would you pay $10 for for something when you are already at that competition. Guess what hunny, thats an entirely DIFFERENT competition. THAT competition your speaking of IS for Free- its called jamfest. If your upset about it dont go to the Majors or better yet, DONT GET STARBUCKS! DONT GO TO THE MALL AND SHOP, or dont eat the overpriced lunch! See problem solved. You just saved yourself $10 ;)
obvs noone is getting my pooint your just all gaining up on me so stop talking to me. ktahnks:)

Back