All-Star The Majors By Jamfest Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After reading the website and getting a clear view on this I kind of understand.

I feel like they just made a competition for spectators, not for the teams. Look at these 10 teams. They are some of the most watched teams in the cheer world and especially at worlds. It's kind of like a mid season showcase. There is no real competition vibe that I'm getting from this except a trip to England to compete. Which I guess is somewhat exciting.

reading their webpage has actually made my day! i hope the winner takes their trip to jamfest europe , last years was my favourite comp EVER! (and ive compete worlds twice) it has such a great atmosphere and the uk teams would go MAD to see any semi-decent american level 5 team never mind the ones mentioned!!!
my kids will freak out when i tell them at practice!!

While I would agree with Large Senior, I would argue that medium coed (or the old Large Limited Coed) and Small Senior have been more watched than Large Coed from 2009 and on...

I have to disagree with Medium Coed/Large Limited. If given the opportunity, I believe that the majority of the population would choose watching Top Gun, CA Bullets, CA Cheetahs, ACE, and CEA Coed Elite over ANY of the current teams in large limited. It is a whole different feel and a more entertaining routine for the most part. When Top Gun or Cali are competing, the arena is packed no matter where they are. I don't think the same applies to Medium Coed. Plus, what 5 teams would you select from medium coed? Spirit of Texas and Twist & Shout, but then who else. The top 5 teams seem to always change. Stingrays Smoke, Charlotte Teal, NJSE, WCO, Texas Lonestar, ECE, Rockstar.

And the same goes for Small senior. Yes everyone was obsessed with Panthers and Cali this past year, and Orange before that. But other than Orange and Cali (because those are the 2 major players this year as of yet), you can't tell me anyone would turn down watching Top Gun, CAx2, CEA, and ACE for small senior.

I just don't understand why you would want to attend this as a team rather than supernationals. Why go to a showcase essentially than a competition where you can get a bid....? The teams who weren't invited are probably ecastatic, they're chances of getting a bid just went up a lot!

I just don't understand why you would want to attend this as a team rather than supernationals. Why go to a showcase essentially than a competition where you can get a bid....? The teams who weren't invited are probably ecastatic, they're chances of getting a bid just went up a lot!

Do you think any of these teams will have a problem getting a bid someplace else? If not, why not compete for a trip to Europe?

Do you think any of these teams will have a problem getting a bid someplace else? If not, why not compete for a trip to Europe?

Nothing is ever guaranteed so it would be smart to give yourself enough chances, but at the same time it's highly unlikely that these teams wouldn't get a bid somewhere else.

I also wonder if World Cup turned down an invitation. I doubt that they weren't invited based on the concept of this event.

For a lot of teams, there is only a certain amount of competitions they can go to that they can get a full paid bid (due to traveling). I'm just going of assumptions here, but most teams do 1-2 big travel nationals at the most. So why risk one of them? The trip to Europe sounds pretty awesome..but no one really knows much about it as well.

But out of any of these teams, how many would be denied the chance to go to worlds if they only got an At-large? I know WC doesn't let teams go if they don't get some type of paid bid (so a risk like this would be a problem for them), but some of these other teams have gone on at-larges or could go on at-larges and be fine. Cheetahs got 3rd and they had an at-large..

well and I am pretty sure cheer athletics and cali werent planning on coming to indy to come get a bid anyway and didnt have it on their comp schedule until the invite was given to attend so it wouldnt be getting in the way of getting a full paid bid somewhere else which most of these teams are very capable of. esp by mid january when this comp is

reading their webpage has actually made my day! i hope the winner takes their trip to jamfest europe , last years was my favourite comp EVER! (and ive compete worlds twice) it has such a great atmosphere and the uk teams would go MAD to see any semi-decent american level 5 team never mind the ones mentioned!!!
my kids will freak out when i tell them at practice!!
This has definitely made me decide to go to jamfest europe! I tried to go last year but it was too expensive, I can definitely justify it if I get to see an amazing American team compete!!

Which ever team gets to come to England they will not be competing against anyone over here. Our divisions dont work like American divisions, we have IOA5 and IOC5 teams, but no large senior small senior etc. So my guess is who ever comes over it will be like a showcase kinda thing, and then they will be hosting clinics over here too. There were rumours flying round about Sr elite doing it for this years Jamfest last summer but i think i read somewhere on here form courtney that the flights were too expensive when they tried to look into it, so the idea fell through. Would be amazing for an american team to perform over here, although i think they may need a bigger venue to fit all the specators in then, because there will be alot. When our level 5 teams were on the mat, no one could find a seat or stand anywhere then never mind if CEA , top gun etc perform.

Back