The Perfect Competition/Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

scflips said:
I agree that the tumbling should be counted but not towards the numbers towards the percentage. Ex. if you have 20 members and you need 15 to throw a tuck to get in the max range then 15 DIFFERENT kids need to throw the skill not 14 and 1 kid twice. If you want the kid to throw something again towards your Overall score, then count it.

And how do you propose that the judges count the 15 different kids? Do they all have to throw the skill at exactly the same time?

I'm a little confused about the difference between your percentage and your overall score??? I'm not really sure what we are talking about there

I dont think limiting crossovers would have as bad an impact as people think. NCA this year is the largest it has ever been and to my knowledge they have the strictest rules on crossovers (my personal favorite). NCA I believe has 600 teams? Besides Cheersport I would guess it is the second biggest?

ACEDAD said:
scflips said:
I agree that the tumbling should be counted but not towards the numbers towards the percentage. Ex. if you have 20 members and you need 15 to throw a tuck to get in the max range then 15 DIFFERENT kids need to throw the skill not 14 and 1 kid twice. If you want the kid to throw something again towards your Overall score, then count it.

And how do you propose that the judges count the 15 different kids? Do they all have to throw the skill at exactly the same time?

VIDEO REPLAY!!! :) Along with what someone mentioned about their being "numbers" placed on each uniform so the judges can easily tell who's who.

And I agree that a kid tumbling multiple times should count on your overall score, just not your quantity score.

i wonder if its possible to track which kid is who with RFID like the do on car races.....

KB_Legend said:
I'm a little confused about the difference between your percentage and your overall score??? I'm not really sure what we are talking about there

Jambrands has a rubric that gives you a "quantity" score and it's based on the number of skills being performed in each category. Like if you have a team of 20 kids, you are expected to have 18-20 kids throwing doubles (or somethingl ike that) to max out your "quantity" score. You have to have 6 stunts to max out on your quantity stunt score, etc. Is this what you were asking??

PLEASE do away with the MC and his sidekicks throwing frisbees etc into the audience...I happen to be a frisbbe magnet and have been hit at least a dozen times...t-shirts thrown, OK...they dont hurt as much as the frisbee. Also, I hate L O N G drawn out awards ceremonies...just "git er done"

Radio Frequency ID tags. They are cheap small little tags that do not need a battery. When you shoot a radio wave at it it will transmit a small little signal that can have a small piece of information in it. They use it to track inventory, dogs (the little thing you get inserted into them), and at a road race I ran I put one on my shoe and they tracked my time from start to finish just by running over it. They could fit into our current shoe tags and be basically invisible to a cheerleader. Its a very easy cheap and efficient way to track lots of things (in our case cheerleaders).

Kingston said:
Radio Frequency ID tags. They are cheap small little tags that do not need a battery. When you shoot a radio wave at it it will transmit a small little signal that can have a small piece of information in it. They use it to track inventory, dogs (the little thing you get inserted into them), and at a road race I ran I put one on my shoe and they tracked my time from start to finish just by running over it. They could fit into our current shoe tags and be basically invisible to a cheerleader. Its a very easy cheap and efficient way to track lots of things (in our case cheerleaders).

Wow King, I think you need to be on the USASF Board! lol You have lots of great ideas! How exactly does one go about nominating someone?? haha

Every time I read someone's ideas on how to track cheerleaders and/or skills, it seems like such an easy, inexpensive thing to do. Why DOESN'T the USASF look into some of these things??

Scared of change, honestly. The system does work now... but it isn't perfect and doesnt promote the right kinda growth. It is gonna take a brave person at the USASF with some good vision to put it into action.

As much as something like the RFID could work, how could it actually track what skills are thrown? My understanding is that it tracks a particular car, runner, or in our case a cheerleader. But what are the capabilities of the device to track skills? Yeah the device may indicate that the same person tumbled multiple times in a routine,, but what did they tumble?? Transitional tumbling like cartwheels, front walkovers, onodi's, forward rolls, dive rolls, etc... could indicate that the same person did multiple passes? Sounds like a good idea, however the logistics in making it work effectively in this sport seems mind boggling?

McLovin said:
Jambrands has a rubric that gives you a "quantity" score and it's based on the number of skills being performed in each category. Like if you have a team of 20 kids, you are expected to have 18-20 kids throwing doubles (or somethingl ike that) to max out your "quantity" score. You have to have 6 stunts to max out on your quantity stunt score, etc. Is this what you were asking??

No that's not what I'm asking... Someone said that people tumbling multiple times should NOT count towards your ratio (which is fine) but repeat tumblers can count towards your "overall score" and I'm not quite sure what that means

I think it would be really cool- Especially on events when there is only one panel and the time drags.

Set it up like American Idol-
Still have your (Normal scoring judges)
But also have a panel of 3 people that will speak the TRUTH-
As we are all waiting for the judges to score- then each verbal critique judge can make their comments over the microphone.
The verbal critique wouldn't necessarily count as your score-
But would make for an interesting cheerleading competition and could be quite funny-
I am sure of course many would be quite offended if you have some Simons on the microphone though!

Back