All-Star The Summit 2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you are going to NCA (which has the crossover limit rule) then that means that there will be less crossovers that are attending The Summit depending on which teams in your gym receive a bid
I believe NCA is giving out 64 bids that is a small portion of bids given to the Summit. Also if you win a bid to the Summit from NCA and there is no crossover policy in place, whats to stop a team from adding CPs or replacing CPs. IMO you just need some type of restriction to keep a level playing field.

I know teams that went to both US Finals and All Levels. So if there wasn't a date conflict why wouldn't they, if they wanted to.
My original post was written about there being a date conflict you would not be planning both.

I would be interested to see how the individual competitions are actually going to hand out bids both paid/partial and at large. I would assume that they would have to divide the bids equally between level 1-5? Going on score alone, I don't think a perfect level 1 team has a shot if there is a level 5 team also going for a bid. (Maybe they will look at percent of perfection?)

I think that someone will always find a way to say that the no crossover thing will effect your gym cause you are small , but I fully support the no crossover from worlds to the summit. I am not saying you can't be on two summit teams. I am saying no Large Senior 5 at worlds and then Large Senior 4 at summit. No bueno.
The largest gym in our area has crossovers. Gym size has not effect on how many cross-overs you have. So someone on their Small Sr. 5 team that went to Worlds should not go to the Summit because they are also on Jr. 5? I think because of the overlap of ages in divisions there will be this issue. I have no problem with kids going to both, they work hard on both teams they should get the reward. I think there will be an issue with both being so close together and both being expensive. Or if you have more than one CP in your family and one on a worlds team and one on a team that gets a bid to Summit.

The largest gym in our area has crossovers. Gym size has not effect on how many cross-overs you have. So someone on their Small Sr. 5 team that went to Worlds should not go to the Summit because they are also on Jr. 5? I think because of the overlap of ages in divisions there will be this issue. I have no problem with kids going to both, they work hard on both teams they should get the reward. I think there will be an issue with both being so close together and both being expensive. Or if you have more than one CP in your family and one on a worlds team and one on a team that gets a bid to Summit.

The issue that many people have with allowing crossovers is because it will be abused, plain and simple. There are many gyms out there that will have no issue putting Worlds athletes on a much lower level team if that means they can win. With so much at potentially at stake, namely bragging rights, I totally anticipate crossovers becoming a hot-button issue in the next year or two. The way the rules are set up right now you can be on a senior 5 & 2 at the same time. Not many people agree with it, but that's the reality we are facing. I fully anticipate seeing a lot of changes in the future for this sport. I anticipate seeing a lot more large teams, and I anticipate seeing a lot more kids crossing down from higher levels (not ages) to lower levels teams.

The issue that many people have with allowing crossovers is because it will be abused, plain and simple. There are many gyms out there that will have no issue putting Worlds athletes on a much lower level team if that means they can win. With so much at potentially at stake, namely bragging rights, I totally anticipate crossovers becoming a hot-button issue in the next year or two. The way the rules are set up right now you can be on a senior 5 & 2 at the same time. Not many people agree with it, but that's the reality we are facing. I fully anticipate seeing a lot of changes in the future for this sport. I anticipate seeing a lot more large teams, and I anticipate seeing a lot more kids crossing down from higher levels (not ages) to lower levels teams.
I agree. Although I don't see a problem with having someone from a SR5 team on a J5 team-both divisions are super competitive. I will admit-my CP was on SR Coed 5 last year, and went to Worlds. She also competed with JR3/4 team because a girl quit two weeks before 1st comp. and they needed a good base. Did that help them win more comps-no-she was just one person. I do have a problem with it being abused and many people being a higher level and then stacking a lower level team with their skills, just to win (and get bragging rights). It will all be interesting

I feel like I said this before, but if you have 3 cps another comp in Disney can get expensive. Say one cp does high school and Allstar and gets a bid to the summit and hs nationals, another cp is worlds eligable and gets a bid to worlds, and your other cps team goes to UCA nationals... You're looking at 4 trips to Disney within 2 months... You better find a money tree unless that's barley going to be possible. Maybe this is a unique situation and doesn't happen often but it still could happen....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

does anyone know if you get $510 to help with your costs or do you specifically get the 4 night quad room?

You are correct, I don't think anyone that performs at worlds should perform at the summit.

Back