All-Star The Summit 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Confused... So what happend? Team A got first & Team B got second? They announced Team B as first & Team A as second?

This whole Stingrays thing is gross. I get it, they wanted that moment but it truly wasn’t theirs. Also some atheletes are being really disgusting about it on Twitter. Stingrays as a program should’ve corrected that, and the fact that they didn’t is tacky.
The Stingrays coaches and a former coach - oh my Lord their tweets are so ridiculously unprofessional aimed towards athletes and coaches and spectators who are merely involved in a discussion about the incident. The athletes and parents from the program tweets are bad enough but more understandable IMO, but these are coaches! I'm honestly shocked this is ok with the program yet the tweets are still there.
For the record, I blame Varsity and only Varsity for this mess. I may not agree with Stingrays is handling the situation, but they were put in a pretty bad position. However, I fully blame them for their behavior on social media.

Confused... So what happend? Team A got first & Team B got second? They announced Team B as first & Team A as second?

Yes and varsity’s solution was to announce Team A and Team B as Co-champions despite the large gap in their scores.

Last edited:
So Cali got

1st - 7
2nd - 6
3rd - 4

How many other teams did they bring to the summit? I feel like almost all their teams finished in the top. And why is the Vegas Cali always so so so good? I’m seriously in love! Lol

Who else won a lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gymtyme were announced 2nd instead of 1st Stingrays got called. Varsity decided that instead of doing the right thing they just made them co champions even though there is a 2 point differences between the two teams.

So Cali got

1st - 7
2nd - 6
3rd - 4

How many other teams did they bring to the summit? I feel like almost all their teams finished in the top. And why is the Vegas Cali always so so so good? I’m seriously in love! Lol

Who else won a lot?

Top Gun has 5 Golds, I think Cheer Extreme also has 4 or 5.

ETA: I think I read Cali had 25 teams total.

The Stingrays coaches and a former coach - oh my Lord their tweets are so ridiculously unprofessional aimed towards athletes and coaches and spectators who are merely involved in a discussion about the incident. The athletes and parents from the program tweets are bad enough but more understandable IMO, but these are coaches! I'm honestly shocked this is ok with the program yet the tweets are still there.
For the record, I blame Varsity and only Varsity for this mess. I may not agree with Stingrays is handling the situation, but they were put in a pretty bad position. However, I fully blame them for their behavior on social media.

I'll shimmy this 1oo times if I could. I was done after one coach told a mom who wasn't being rude in my opinion to put her "wine glass" down. It wasn't just stingray coaches either, one particular CEA coach was completely rude and told parents that he was THE AB, Im not putting his name out there and if they didnt know him they weren't living their best life. Inserted himself in their conversation and it went left really quick. I would say I wish gym owners would hold their coaches more accountable on social media but thats hard to ask when some gym owners are just as bad.

The Lady Red and Spice thing is not okay. You don’t fix the mistake by making everyone a champion. It wasn’t even close.
I'm so glad someone else said it. It is NOT ok. People complain about "giving everyone a participation trophy" or "coddling our kids"...this does just that. I do not blame the team for Varsity's mistake. However, as a coach, you have to do the right thing. If not, what are you teaching your kids? "If I were the 2nd place team's coach" I would have made them return the banners. In a perfect world, they would hand them directly to the kids with a congratulations. I would then make Varsity size the CORRECT team for their rings and give them their winning moment. If it was my kid's team, I wouldn't want to keep something my kid didn't earn. That's just bad juju in my book.

They were in 4th on Sat with a hit!

Wow! Crazy to me. Literally when I was watching I said "Jayhawks team won this division today." It was amazing! Maybe judges got it wrong Day 1. I can't imagine that team hitting and not being in first. Oh well, that what Day 2 is. They looked amazing! Not sure if you are with the program, but again, my favorite performance I watched all weekend (And I watched a lot of performances).

Day 1 versus final results
1___2
2___1
3___5
4___3
5___4

So the whole large senior restricted 5 was announced wrong since someone mistakenly used day 1 placements as the announcement for day 2 final results.

So Cali got

1st - 7
2nd - 6
3rd - 4

Who else won a lot?

Agree! Their Vegas lower levels are some of my favorite lower level teams.

This Spice - Lady Red issue reminds me of the men’s AA final during the 2004 Olympics... if you’re not familiar with the Paul Hamm and Yang Tae Young debacle, you should read-up on it.

The villain in that situation was F.I.G., but Paul Hamm, with his gold medal, was the one with the power to bring justice to the situation. Pretty sure he cursed U.S.A.’s men’s gymnastics from that point onwards, because they never won a single gold medal at the Olympics ever again.

I 100% blame Varsity and only Varsity for the Senior Restricted debacle. I understand Stingrays coaches want to protect their kids and (*I hope*) while executed very, very poorly, that their stupid comments came from a place of momma bear protecting the cubs so they were a little too far on the defensive. (Momma bear-ing is one thing, that wine comment was 100% out of line no matter what.)

We're also not talking about a youth team full of 7 year olds. They're a senior team, probably all on social media and old enough to understand what people are saying and understand they didn't actually win. While I am thankfully not 14 years old and in that situation, one look at the comments makes me think I would be embarrassed to get a ring and throw "Summit Champion" in my social media bio, but that's just me...

Back