All-Star The Summit 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You would think after last years d2 summit Saturday debacle that they would be able to get it together, especially in a new arena.

I can't fathom how they have FOUR floors going on at once in the arena. It is not that big. There is no way that Varsity didn't know this wasn't going to work out.
They've had 4 going at once at a few comps (well like today, 3 plus an awards floor) this season without these issues, I don't know if it's the numbers or what. UCA had similar number of teams going on one day, but I guess maybe there are others watching that competed the last 2 days and are done.

There are entirely way too many people and way too many teams here. We left immediately after our reveal. (Moving on—woot wooot!!!). Huge congestion getting out. Like wall to wall people. Staircases going into the arena completely full. Cars parked in the median at least halfway to the lights. Just too many people!!!!

The pictures popping up on my FB are frightful! And it's so hot here---FL is normally hot but we've had an elongated winter until today. My heart breaks for the parents stuck outside while their kiddos are performing.

She was. She rolled her ankle in warmups but they wrapped it up and kept going. Thanks so much. She said she was struggling lol
Oh no!! Tell her it wasn't noticeable at all and she is a beast! She's doing crush too right? (I sound like such a stalker I swear I'm not lol). Hope she'll recover quickly!

Oh no!! Tell her it wasn't noticeable at all and she is a beast! She's doing crush too right? (I sound like such a stalker I swear I'm not lol). Hope she'll recover quickly!
Lol. It's all good . And thanks so much. Nope not on crush anymore. Another girl was injured and substition rules caused Sarah to be off the team. She got to compete with them a couple of weeks ago but can't compete with Crush at Summit . She was disappointed but has been working hard with Legacy. She is having a blast!

Lol. It's all good . And thanks so much. Nope not on crush anymore. Another girl was injured and substition rules caused Sarah to be off the team. She got to compete with them a couple of weeks ago but can't compete with Crush at Summit . She was disappointed but has been working hard with Legacy. She is having a blast!
Oh okay gotcha! Well blessing in disguise so she can rest her foot. She should be really proud of that performance with and injured foot!

Dumb question. Someone told me that Summit was not in the new arena but in the tents like in past years. I didn't think that sounded right. But is it in the new arena?

Dumb question. Someone told me that Summit was not in the new arena but in the tents like in past years. I didn't think that sounded right. But is it in the new arena?
The arena is split in 4...so 3 competition floors and 1 awards floor. From friends I have down there, it's not going over well, and people are actually wishing there were still tents.

Any lessons learned or tips for navigating the insanity of Summit for those of us preparing to enter the mess next week would be great. Reading the posts online from this week's Summit messes has me stressed already.
THIS. I am already getting anxious about this. Too many bids this year. If I don't get in to see CP I will lose it.

The issue is that they named the arena areas the same name as the tents. Arena North used to be a tent, now it's the north floor of the arena. Confusing.

The issue is that they named the arena areas the same name as the tents. Arena North used to be a tent, now it's the north floor of the arena. Confusing.
See, that's what I thought I remembered from reading here. But I didn't want to argue with her. So I just let it go.

How did the arena seem to go so smooth last weekend for Worlds and such a hot mess this weekend for Summit?

Back