All-Star The Summit 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you watched their awards ceremony, you would've known a couple of minutes, if even, after they announced spice winners, that they weren't. The GT girls went out to get their 2nd place banners, and SECONDS later they came back out on to the stage looking like they won a million bucks, THEY KNEW THEY WON. Then they got shoved off stage again. While spice was still celebrating, someone backstage KNEW, while it was all going down!! So they shouldn't even have gotten sized for rings or had time to tweet it. Had that someone, or everyone, said something and owned up to the mistake straight up, this wouldn't be as bad!

Yes it still would have sucked, but just do a Steve Harvey and own up to it. It sucks for the person/team getting 2nd when being called first, but it is what it is, you didn't win. Also calling SRX and queens "co-3rd place"... Varsity don't be a cop out. And every gym getting awarded a higher placement than you earned, give it up. I know it would suck, but it sucks just as much to lose in the first place and we've all done it before and survived it. We had a similar situation this season, with people who wasn't on the team getting medals during awards, and we talked about it and I could never take something I didn't earn, I could never be proud of it and it would just be a piece of metal with no worth.

It's a messed up situation, but has an easy solution. Say, "we didn't earn this, here you do, good job!". Even if varsity doesn't want to be the middle hand, you can easily meet up and exchange banners.

We tell our kids EVERY SINGLE COMPETITION to act accordingly, that they are a reflection on the gym. The same should go for coaches/parents/etc. What is being shown by the coaches (not just comments on social media, but not making it right by giving the win to the deserving team) reflects poorly on the gym as a whole. So yes, it does give them a bad rep.
I completely agree. We saw parents from a gym fighting (yes fighting) after their kids competed. Right in front of them. While the kids were emotional from a less than perfect performance. I had never seen or interacted with that gym but I gave them the major side eye. I don't know where the coaches were but I hope they handled it with the parents involved.

I say give it a day or two to see if Stingrays makes it right. We don't technically know what's going on behind closed doors to rectify the situation. Varsity royally messed up. That is a fact. Do I believe there should be co-champions? Absolutely not. The score sheet says it all. But I refuse to believe that this isn't trying to be rectified. We can all sit here behind our computer screens and speculate what's going on, but we don't know if the gym owners have or have not said to each other or what is being done. I, myself, am waiting to see what happens through out the week. Everyone in that division is affected and hopefully everyone will do the right thing and the rightful placements and banners will be where they need to be.

Wow! Crazy to me. Literally when I was watching I said "Jayhawks team won this division today." It was amazing! Maybe judges got it wrong Day 1. I can't imagine that team hitting and not being in first. Oh well, that what Day 2 is. They looked amazing! Not sure if you are with the program, but again, my favorite performance I watched all weekend (And I watched a lot of performances).
We are not. I have 2 friends with daughters on the team. My daughter actually competed against them earlier this season. They won that competition and every other except Cheersport. They were in 1st going into day 2 and got beat by the team that they had beat 2x already. That team went on to get the paid bid. So them coming back and wining it all was that much sweeter :)

All of the issues from Summit are giving me anxiety for D2 this weekend [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say give it a day or two to see if Stingrays makes it right. We don't technically know what's going on behind closed doors to rectify the situation. Varsity royally messed up. That is a fact. Do I believe there should be co-champions? Absolutely not. The score sheet says it all. But I refuse to believe that this isn't trying to be rectified. We can all sit here behind our computer screens and speculate what's going on, but we don't know if the gym owners have or have not said to each other or what is being done. I, myself, am waiting to see what happens through out the week. Everyone in that division is affected and hopefully everyone will do the right thing and the rightful placements and banners will be where they need to be.
However, you can make twitter posts right almost immediately....

Since we're on the topic of "they didn't get what they are telling they got", could we PLEASE acknowledge that the Summit is still "only" a national competition? While a win at the Summit might feel like your kid won worlds, they did NOT get 1st in the world, but "only" 1st in the US (even when non-US teams are present). Even the Summit FAQs state that the Summit is a national championship. And it never will be a world championship because people competing at cheerleading world championships that are not the ones that were held last week in Orlando will be disqualified from ever competing at the ICU/USASF/IASF worlds according to their rules.

InkedScreenshot 2018-05-08 00.07.17_LI.jpg

ETA: not directed at anyone specific, but I've seen so many people on twitter claim they got 1st/2nd/3rd/whatever place in the world that I just had to post this.

They've moved all reveals to the baseball field and are using the Visa center as a competition venue. It should alleviate some of the crowding but time will tell.

I hope it will! We have a whole bunch of moms trying to figure out if showing up 4 hours before performance time will be early enough to get in to be able to see their kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a totally different topic, I would like to know how some of the athletes that competed at Worlds were still at the Summit and departing today. I don't want to get into a crossover discussion, I just don't understand how so many athletes were still there even as spectators all the way through the Summit...don't these kids go to school?? Some of them posted that they arrived at Worlds on Thursday, April 26th...today is May, 7th. NO WAY could my child have been out of school that long.....also, I am not talking about kids who are Super Seniors and perhaps not in school any longer and are on their "Cheer Gap Year". My child would have failed classes due to "failure to attend". Honestly, I am just curious....

On a totally different topic, I would like to know how some of the athletes that competed at Worlds were still at the Summit and departing today. I don't want to get into a crossover discussion, I just don't understand how so many athletes were still there even as spectators all the way through the Summit...don't these kids go to school?? Some of them posted that they arrived at Worlds on Thursday, April 26th...today is May, 7th. NO WAY could my child have been out of school that long.....also, I am not talking about kids who are Super Seniors and perhaps not in school any longer and are on their "Cheer Gap Year". My child would have failed classes due to "failure to attend". Honestly, I am just curious....
Possibly home schooled or online schooling.

Most people start taking vacations around this time (I work in the tourist industry) so i want to imagine maybe the families who have both worlds and summit athletes choose to take it now. But thats just my guess, I know times have changed but when I was in school attendence didnt effect school work as much till you hit high school.

When my daughter did cross to R5 at Summit her advisor said she can not miss anymore days,,,,,can not leave early for prom,,,,,can not do "senior skip" day etc . We made sure she got homework in advance.

Back