All-Star The Summit 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a child crossing between the field house and the arena, 30 minutes apart. Am I going to be able to find a seat in the arena? Am I going to miss one team?

Another question for D2 Summit, is the premium/platinum parking worth it?
Premium ($20) was worth it for us since you get in and out priveledges. Our teams were so scattered throughout the day that we left & came back a couple of times. One of the times the lots were so full they had cars on the medians on the way in. It was worth every penny at that point.

I'll shimmy this 1oo times if I could. I was done after one coach told a mom who wasn't being rude in my opinion to put her "wine glass" down. It wasn't just stingray coaches either, one particular CEA coach was completely rude and told parents that he was THE AB, Im not putting his name out there and if they didnt know him they weren't living their best life. Inserted himself in their conversation and it went left really quick. I would say I wish gym owners would hold their coaches more accountable on social media but thats hard to ask when some gym owners are just as bad.

Wait they are not friends?? When I saw that tweet I tought they have to be friends and they are just joking. There’s no way the coach is that rude! Guess I was wrong than.....

My two cents....I feel so bad for the kids. Imagine hearing your name called first, you are all happy and celebrating, get your ring sized and than few minutes later you hear it is all mistake and you are not a winner. I also feel bad for GT kids. Winning summit must be one of the best moments in your life. And they didn’t have their moment to celebrate like they should have and instead they hear varsity people to tell them to get of the mat quickly. I would be salty too. But this are senior aged kids. They will be in college soon and college is full of moments like this.

Last edited:
Wait they are not friend?? When I saw that tweet I tought they have to be friends and they are just joking. There’s no way the coach is that rude! Guess I was wrong than.....

My two cents....I feel so bad for the kids. Imagine hearing your name called first, you are all happy and celebrating, get your ring sized and than few minutes later you hear it is all mistake and you are not a winner. I also feel bad for GT kids. Winning summit must be one of the best moments in your life. And they didn’t have their moment to celebrate like they should have and instead they hear varsity people to tell them to get of the mat quickly. I would be salty too. But this are senior aged kids. They will be in college soon and college is full of moments like this.

Apparently they are not friends and he was completely rude on multiple tweets to her. I did see a tweet (not from Stingrays) that they would be giving the banner back. However their page and the official gym were age still have the summit champs tweets up.

ETA: Apparently varsity felt the heat and revoked the co champions result.

Apparently they are not friends and he was completely rude on multiple tweets to her. I did see a tweet (not from Stingrays) that they would be giving the banner back. However their page and the official gym were age still have the summit champs tweets up.

Good! While Varsity is the #1 screw up in this situations, I think some of the blame is shared for behaviors after the truth came out. I never thought I'd see a day where the Stingray Allstars had their feet to the fire...apparently I was wrong.

So I was thinking about the crowding.... people want to watch their division... if you have a Small Junior 3 and there are 30+ teams in the division (for D2, 60+ in semi finals), that is an issue.

If small wasn't 22 or less (b/c lets face it, that's not small).... and it were maybe 16-18 or less, more teams would be in "medium" and could eliminate some of the crowds for particular divisions. Also, seriously, small teams of 10 and small teams of 22, is a totally different size grouping.

End rant.

So I was thinking about the crowding.... people want to watch their division... if you have a Small Junior 3 and there are 30+ teams in the division (for D2, 60+ in semi finals), that is an issue.

If small wasn't 22 or less (b/c lets face it, that's not small).... and it were maybe 16-18 or less, more teams would be in "medium" and could eliminate some of the crowds for particular divisions. Also, seriously, small teams of 10 and small teams of 22, is a totally different size grouping.

End rant.

Applying the extra-small division may help balance that out.

Applying the extra-small division may help balance that out.

That too, good idea. :) Either could solve the problem... I was just typing my thoughts. :) ALSO that would likely be a pretty popular division b/c so many teams truly are that size!

I'm glad to hear that Varsity revoked the co-champion ruling . But the stingrays missed an opportunity to do the right thing by not accepting it in the first place. As hard as it may be, those coaches and parents could have turned this awful mistake into a positive life lesson for the kids. Call me crazy, but I believe it could have been possible for the Spice team to actually feel proud of themselves for recognizing the error made by Varsity and take the high road by turning down the co-championship in the first place.

Day 1 versus final results
1___2
2___1
3___5
4___3
5___4

So the whole large senior restricted 5 was announced wrong since someone mistakenly used day 1 placements as the announcement for day 2 final results.
Ah, that explains why two 1st place and two 3rd place teams are listed in the Summit event results posted on the Varsity web page.

End rant.
Good lord please no more divisions (I am not a fan of XS particularly since the score sheet rewards a lower amount of athletes on a team and hello CJA Bombshells killing it in the small division two years in a row proving it is not necessary!) From what I understand they didn't even use Jostens/Visa center for performances at Summit which is completely ridiculous. There is no reasonable explanation for cramming 4 mats into one arena and leaving another arena virtually empty. Varsity needs to have their planning sessions prior to happy hour from now on!

Good! While Varsity is the #1 screw up in this situations, I think some of the blame is shared for behaviors after the truth came out. I never thought I'd see a day where the Stingray Allstars had their feet to the fire...apparently I was wrong.

Unfortunately, the "truth coming out" is being deemed the score sheet on social media versus an official statement from Varsity. We don't know what Stingray's was told other than a mistake was made and they were "co-champions". Protocol is an official statement needs to come from Varsity. They made the error and they need to officially and publicly clarify the situation, scores, placement, make the appropriate apologies and then state how the situation is going to be handled. After Varsity makes an official and public statement (not score sheets being put out on social media or rumors on how Varsity is going to handle it) then, if they want to, it is appropriate for Stingray's and/or GT to respond. I hope an official Varsity statement comes out soon.

Back