All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mom's perspective: i had the pleasure of seeing LOVE and F5 this weekend. I am a big fan of F5 and while they are a great team, I didn't get as excited as I normally do. While they are amazingly talented they just didn't wow me, like jaw drop this past weekend like they have in the past. CT Love did pretty darn good and I really liked their choreography, I don't think they have the crazy energy and sass of F5 but I hope they find it. I always love an underdog and for them being a first year team I am rooting for them to rank with the top teams. As with F5 they have some crazy talent as well and it interests me as to where all the girls came from. I am sure some came from the old VA Vipers King Cobras, some from Legacy and possibly even from Twisters. Does anyone have any insight?

just curious about this...I noticed LOVE did 4 jumps to tuck - again, I'm a mom of a mini cp so don't know what the technical term is - but I remember thinking wow, they did 4 - don't most teams do 3?
Four maxes out a scoresheet. You can do three jumps to tuck and an additional jump somewhere else to max out your score too. If you only do three to a tuck you're not going to hit the highest range you can.

And to add to that, if I'm rooting for any first year team, it's Peach.

mom's perspective: i had the pleasure of seeing LOVE and F5 this weekend. I am a big fan of F5 and while they are a great team, I didn't get as excited as I normally do. While they are amazingly talented they just didn't wow me, like jaw drop this past weekend like they have in the past. CT Love did pretty darn good and I really liked their choreography, I don't think they have the crazy energy and sass of F5 but I hope they find it. I always love an underdog and for them being a first year team I am rooting for them to rank with the top teams. As with F5 they have some crazy talent as well and it interests me as to where all the girls came from. I am sure some came from the old VA Vipers King Cobras, some from Legacy and possibly even from Twisters. Does anyone have any insight?

just curious about this...I noticed LOVE did 4 jumps to tuck - again, I'm a mom of a mini cp so don't know what the technical term is - but I remember thinking wow, they did 4 - don't most teams do 3?

I saw them both this past weekend and and didnt feel like there was a comparison - sorry...Love has improved a lot, but it didnt feel like a World's quality LAG routine as I watched it. I will say that I thought the depth of talent in the Cheer Tyme overall program has really impressive. Vipers were probabaly the third largest overall team there and they have a few really good teams and the others seemed to really struggle and I thought they could drop a level to be more competitive

i cant remember what my original ranking was but right now this is how it would stand
1. F5
2. Panthers
3. Peach
4. SE
5. CT Love

i do know that i had Panthers at the top of my list, but right now F5 is doing it for me, after this last comp. i love everything about their routine music, dance, tumbling, etc.
i love senior elite, but they have got to change or majorly clean up those scales. also i think i liked their pyramid way more at their showcase, then i do now with all the changes.
i do think Peach hits well, but im so use to seeing the large teams pulling more difficulty, which i know stingrays focus more on hitting the scorsheets and being clean, then having a ton of difficulty. but it just isnt something im use to, idk.
Did you forget WCSS?:D

Four maxes out a scoresheet. You can do three jumps to tuck and an additional jump somewhere else to max out your score too. If you only do three to a tuck you're not going to hit the highest range you can.

And to add to that, if I'm rooting for any first year team, it's Peach.
To add to that. Except in Jam brands, you need other things than just four jumps to max difficulty. Four is better than three and a single. And turning in jumps with variety is more difficult than doing all of the same jump.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

They will all bet at NCA? Wow never considered that

Anyway.
1. SE
2. F5
3. WC
4. Panthers
5. Peach
6. Love.

SE or WC could flip flop. Well the top 3 in general could shuffle.

So weird typing out 6 teams.

Since I'm still fairly new here, I thought I should ask... How did everyone feel about Senior Elite in 2011? Did everyone think that they'd go back-to-back, or was it clear that F5 and Shooting Stars had the upper hand?

I'm asking because, to me, Senior Elite looks the strongest, but I could overlook what other teams have, which could push them over SE.

If I had to rank, I'd think:
1. Senior Elite
2. Shooting Stars
3. F5
4. Panthers
5. Peach
6. Love

Since I'm still fairly new here, I thought I should ask... How did everyone feel about Senior Elite in 2011? Did everyone think that they'd go back-to-back, or was it clear that F5 and Shooting Stars had the upper hand?

I'm asking because, to me, Senior Elite looks the strongest, but I could overlook what other teams have, which could push them over SE.

If I had to rank, I'd think:
1. Senior Elite
2. Shooting Stars
3. F5
4. Panthers
5. Peach
6. Love

SE was really struggling at the beggining of last year. Stars were kind of ok, F5 looked strong. (at least that's how Iremember looking at things.) By worlds I really felt that it belonged to F5. (I'm a huge stars fan so this was not my ideal scenario) But the top 4 are so evenly matched it's any given day. If a team peaks at the right time, it's theirs to take.

SE was really struggling at the beggining of last year. Stars were kind of ok, F5 looked strong. (at least that's how Iremember looking at things.) By worlds I really felt that it belonged to F5. (I'm a huge stars fan so this was not my ideal scenario) But the top 4 are so evenly matched it's any given day. If a team peaks at the right time, it's theirs to take.

Whoops. I meant the 2011 worlds, 2010-2011 season. Haha.

SE was undefeated and grand champion at every competition they attended in 2011 I believe until Worlds. They did not go to NCA that year.

Back