This Team Mistreated My Daughter And Then Dismissed Her

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was shocked by what I read in the text convo on Facebook.
My Facebook text chats with her have become comical (to me and my legal team). I busted her with written proof she lied. Then the race card was pulled.

I don't want to stick my nose too much into this but just doing a Google search on the gym owner's name, I came across a woman of the same name Tina Jackson White from this same area who plead guilty to Medicade fraud. Did she also own a medical equipment supply company? Maybe not the same person but made me wonder.
Pretty sure past conversations have said it is the same person.

I don't want to stick my nose too much into this but just doing a Google search on the gym owner's name, I came across a woman of the same name Tina Jackson White from this same area who plead guilty to Medicade fraud. Did she also own a medical equipment supply company? Maybe not the same person but made me wonder.
Same person. I wish I could have showed you my shocked face when I found out about this. However, it looked very identical to my not shocked face…

Same person. I wish I could have showed you my shocked face when I found out about this. However, it looked very identical to my not shocked face…

Well then isn't she in prison at this point? It said she was being sentenced July 2013...

Sounds like she's quite the scammer.

Well then isn't she in prison at this point? It said she was being sentenced July 2013...

Sounds like she's quite the scammer.

I saw that too and was curious. I have no idea. She is on Facebook still so I am assuming prison doesn't have Facebook access.

I saw that too and was curious. I have no idea. She is on Facebook still so I am assuming prison doesn't have Facebook access.

Well, maybe it's one of those Federal prisons... they're kind of cush.

Back to the subject, sorry for the hijack...

It's a forum and open to free speech and opinion. I was Born and Raised in The DC area and have coached and cheered there from pee-wee rec league through Allstar IOC5 and yes it is an extremely shady area when it comes to local Allstar Gyms. In the past before leaving the NE region of the States I was asked on many occasions to do choreography, routine clean ups and was even offered to help run the program at (Above Mentioned) Allstars. I would never generally down talk another program but this program has run its own name in the dirt from ownership, to staff, team members and parents alike!!!

If this program wants to remain alive they need an entire business overhaul including ownership. I just hope things get better for that area and I'm glad I got away from that red flag when I did!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
I totally agree to free speech but along with that right comes personal responsibility and accountability for ones own actions and words in the matter.

I just find it very interesting that she came on to the board as a newbie and decided to trash a gym when she was removed from it with no refund. She presents scenarios where she feels her child was emotionally and physically endangered yet choose to keep her child there. This is not just a situation where she was unhappy with a program. When your unhappy you stick it out if you feel you and your child can BUT when you feel your child is being abused physically and or emotionally which she basically presents the scenario of then a reasonable responsible adult protects the child in their care and does not allow them back in the situation. Yes it is a pricey sport but I am sorry there is not enough money in the world for me to put my child in danger by going back in a situation where she is being physically abused by other children and adults in charge as this parent presents.

I also was born and raised in the DC area and I am sorry but I very much disagree with your comment that " it is an extremely shady area when it comes to local Allstar Gyms" I think MOST All-Star gyms in the DC area not only operate excellent programs but also show support and sportsmanship for their fellow gyms (note I did say MOST not ALL this does not mean I feel this gym is on the level). All Stars is a rapidly growing sport in this area and a broad sweeping comment that the area is shady is just unfounded and plain wrong.

This gym IS NOT innocent - nope no way. But I think there is a lot more here and not a lot of personal responsibility.

This is such a shame. I just can't stop thinking that your daughter had to go through an experience like this. All the teams I have ever been on (Allstar, college, and the team I coach) have been my family, I care for my athletes as if they were my little sisters, and to think someone could run a program and treat a child and their mother like that is ridiculous. A gym should be a place where the child can form new relationships, gain new skills, grow as a person and an athlete, and be surrounded by positive role models. I hope you find a place like that and she gets to truly experience being a part of a cheer family.

I feel for you and your cp. I have had an horrific experience this year with my youngest cp on a school junior high team. Not only did the "coach" not do anything but also she was part of the bullying due to influence from the mother of the captain.

It has gotten so bad that we are switching schools out of district after winter break.

Sadly, seeing some of these parents, coaches, and cheerleaders in action makes this story entirely believable to me.

I would like to encourage you to take Rudag's or retiredl5cheer up on their offer to help you find a new program where your child can have fun, learn a few skills and make some new friends!!

I'm so sorry you're going through this!!!

I would like to suggest you look at Crimson Heat. I have never been there nor do I know anyone, but from the first time I saw them in 2008 I loved everything, the vibe from the parents, coaches and kids. There parents/kids are SUPER nice. If I ever move back to MD/DC
area they are top on my list!

I would like to suggest you look at Crimson Heat. I have never been there nor do I know anyone, but from the first time I saw them in 2008 I loved everything, the vibe from the parents, coaches and kids. There parents/kids are SUPER nice. If I ever move back to MD/DC
area they are top on my list!
PS - How about that scandal episode last night? #OMG

We preach for people to stick it out even during tough times. I can't bash on anyone that tries their best to make it work and fulfill the commitment they signed up for.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Well then isn't she in prison at this point? It said she was being sentenced July 2013... .

The sentence for this is usually financial restitution and extensive fines, not prison time.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back