All-Star Those Jackets - Dear Competition Hosts..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

An idea with the hoodie would be yoga pants. And then you can design the waistband to say National Champions or something like that. I would like to get those.

Obviously there are too many "national championships" if anyone feels the need to complain about a jacket that they are getting at multiple events! Or not enough competition at each "national" if it is that easy to get a jacket each year. Each company should only give jackets out at ONE national championship and maybe this will eliminate this problem. They could order less jackets and therefore have less left over jackets that need a "home" the next season. (This season our gym is only going to 1 event that gives out sweatshirts or jackets - UCA Nationals - so the kids really think it is a big deal competition)

As for sweatshirts - give them at all national qualifying events if you want and who cares if they are the same for a couple of years. Most kids will grow out of them, ruin them, or lose it anyways!

We actually anticipated this issue 4 years ago with Cheersport since they award the leather jackets to each special need athlete regardless of placement in the competition. We discussed the fact that the athletes really don't need 5-6 jackets just alike in the closet.

So, a returning athlete does not get a jacket, but they get a specially designed patch that says "Cheersport 2011" or whatever year of the event. They can have it sewn on their jacket or do whatever they want with it. However, if an athlete outgrows the jacket, they will be awarded a replacement when they attend the next nationals.

It also accomplishes another goal of mine, which is that I NEVER wanted an event producer to feel like the special needs division just soaked up money. It may not be much, but I wanted them to save some money somewhere since they don't charge us any competition fees.

I went to a competition last year as a small senior level 3 coed. Had no competition, so automatically won this hideous hoodie. Mom says: why don't you wear that hoodie from that one National Crapionship? I say: It's ugly. Mom: Hey, I paid a lot of money for that hoodie. Life lesson: it sucks when you don't compete against anyone and you paid all of that money for a poopy hoodie.

Well im glad all u girls and guys in America get so many goodies at competitions...
Up here in canada we may get an event metal, or a hair bow.
Only one competition that i know of gives u a sweatshirt, thats for getting national champs.

Well im glad all u girls and guys in America get so many goodies at competitions...
Up here in canada we may get an event metal, or a hair bow.
Only one competition that i know of gives u a sweatshirt, thats for getting national champs.

That is the way is should be! Makes winning that sweatshirt all the more special!

Cheer America has given new jackets every year. Last 2 years really nice ones too. Either way if you get the same jacket just getter a bigger size. Some teams would love to just have 1.

You read my mind. Anyone who receives a jacket and complains about the color should think of those who did not win one.
wish i could shimmy this a MILLION times. last year at UCA nationals my team got SECOND by 0.1 of a point! i dont care if those jackets are the ugliest color ever, i would still wear it proud. the jacket reprensents more than clothing, it represnets all the hard work you did all season. so you really shouldnt complain.

Back