All-Star "throw It"

• Thread starter Deleted member 8658
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 8658

im really curious to know? does anyone have a problem with their team not throwing their tumbling in practice when running routine?
everyone has off nights and doesnt throw their tumbling ALL the time (me included)
but does anyone have this problem with their team every night?

i understand the gymnast thing its odd going so long with no shoes on to shoes. i went 6 years with double backs double fulls and everything and i had to put on shoes and i lost everything
When i cheered, yes we had that problem every night. For some reason, the only gymnast that was on our team started a trend for not wearing shoes to practice? So a good amount of people didn't wear shoes to practice. Then they got used to it, and said they cant tumble with shoes on. The others are just lazy.

my senior team last year had that problem at every practice. it really cost us at lot of points because when you dont tumble in practice, then the tumbing doesnt come out the way you want at comp. and we had a lot of touch downs, and it was really bad.

I can honestly say, that was the BIGGEST problem when i was on a small gym team, even i was lazy at times. Now that i cheer for Cheer athletics, I have come to realize i was CHOSEN to be on the team im on. I must do my part on the team, or i may be off the team. Simple as that! I dont spend all of the money i spend on cheer for nothing. But if i happen to miss something in a full out at some point during practice, I dont leave the gym till I, "do what I owe". I have def taken some of the things ive learned from being on CA back to my small gym i coach. Especially the conditioning skills.

This happens with the boys on our team, and it's also the boys who won't go and buy proper cheer shoes and then cry and whinge that regular sneakers are hard to tumble in. Seriously, they spend more on a night out drinking than the cost of a pair of cheer shoes. Lame.

I really think it makes a difference when the coaches dont let it slip during practice. when you see a kid not doing their tumbling, I believe its best to ask them "WHY" their not throwing it. Because they will continue not to throw it especially if they think the "coach doesnt notice"

lovescheer said:
I really think it makes a difference when the coaches dont let it slip during practice. when you see a kid not doing their tumbling, I believe its best to ask them "WHY" their not throwing it. Because they will continue not to throw it especially if they think the "coach doesnt notice"

Mine hear me loud and clear. And they will do all the conditioning that follows too.

My sr teams go through this for various reasons but typically it's bc of laziness. We are dealing with this right now actually.

@beetle did you read your coaches texts with me today?!!
lol i did not :) but we had this problem last year and my coach wont stand for it this year.

It's kinda a chain reaction on my team. If one person decides not to throw so does someone else, then someone else, and so on. Usually people throw their tumbling though.

Back