All-Star "throw It"

• Thread starter Deleted member 8658
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

EXACTLY! Theres a girl on my team who tore her ab muscles and still cheered high school! Sure, she was high on Vicadin, but she still competed because she knew that we needed her. Thats true dedication there! And then of course theres a girl who comes to practice who says she has a kink and her neck and can't tumble. Ummmm the girl with the torn abs is tumbling, so you better tumble. Kink Shmink.

that could also have been extremely dangerous and a liability waiting to happen if something went wrong.........

EXACTLY! Theres a girl on my team who tore her ab muscles and still cheered high school! Sure, she was high on Vicadin, but she still competed because she knew that we needed her. Thats true dedication there! And then of course theres a girl who comes to practice who says she has a kink and her neck and can't tumble. Ummmm the girl with the torn abs is tumbling, so you better tumble. Kink Shmink.
thats probably not ok................

I'm so glad I read this!
It's not a problem at all on my cp's mini team and if you tell her youth2 team to tumble they will do it. Now some parents will tell the coaches before hand that their kid can't tumble because they are sick or what not but then you see them on breaks on the tumble track tumbling but not doing their bhs in their jumps .. Lol
Anyways beside that every once in a while they do good.

I get to watch Jr. Level 3 on Tuesday's. That team is so awesome every girl on that team but 1 can tumble that level and they look great.
However, several months back one of the girls started blocking. My cp was in tumbling class with her and it was so frustrating because he would tell her to go and she would run out of the corner 5 times just doing a round off and stopping. He would send her back she would do it again. I wanted to scream at this girl because my daughter and the 3 other kids throw it immediately but when you get up it's 5 mins before you go and they must wait on you to waste time. Anyways, this carried over to her JR team. Not just her now but 3 others i would say caught it too. They have to be forced to tumble over and over with a coach standing there. They will eventually throw it on the floor then they will be asked to do the routine and well they all the sudden can't throw it anymore. I know the coaches just want to scream, you can obviously do the pass- you just did it but now you can't perform it. They are getting on them hard and I understand!! I got aggravated sitting there and it's not even the team my cp is on! Like I know the coaches have tried everything. Running, conditioning, talking, maybe even some yelling. Haha but the girls don't get it. If that was my cp I would say look your not going to embarrass me- if you don't throw your tumbling I'm going to ask them to put you on a lower level team. That would be the end of story. I know the coaches don't want to do that because they believe in them and all those girls can do it and do it well. I don't know if the 1 started being lazy and she rubbed off on everyone else but the one girl who doesn't have the tumbling at all works her butt off and you can see she would love to be those girls and have the skills and the gift they do.
Idk if they will be able to pull it off as we have competition in a couple weeks but I have a feeling all hale will break loose if they don't!!

I wish everyone and their teams good luck and hopefully every one can get it together! Just want y'all to know y'all aren't the only ones.

I'm so glad I read this!
It's not a problem at all on my cp's mini team and if you tell her youth2 team to tumble they will do it. Now some parents will tell the coaches before hand that their kid can't tumble because they are sick or what not but then you see them on breaks on the tumble track tumbling but not doing their bhs in their jumps .. Lol
Anyways beside that every once in a while they do good.

I get to watch Jr. Level 3 on Tuesday's. That team is so awesome every girl on that team but 1 can tumble that level and they look great.
However, several months back one of the girls started blocking. My cp was in tumbling class with her and it was so frustrating because he would tell her to go and she would run out of the corner 5 times just doing a round off and stopping. He would send her back she would do it again. I wanted to scream at this girl because my daughter and the 3 other kids throw it immediately but when you get up it's 5 mins before you go and they must wait on you to waste time. Anyways, this carried over to her JR team. Not just her now but 3 others i would say caught it too. They have to be forced to tumble over and over with a coach standing there. They will eventually throw it on the floor then they will be asked to do the routine and well they all the sudden can't throw it anymore. I know the coaches just want to scream, you can obviously do the pass- you just did it but now you can't perform it. They are getting on them hard and I understand!! I got aggravated sitting there and it's not even the team my cp is on! Like I know the coaches have tried everything. Running, conditioning, talking, maybe even some yelling. Haha but the girls don't get it. If that was my cp I would say look your not going to embarrass me- if you don't throw your tumbling I'm going to ask them to put you on a lower level team. That would be the end of story. I know the coaches don't want to do that because they believe in them and all those girls can do it and do it well. I don't know if the 1 started being lazy and she rubbed off on everyone else but the one girl who doesn't have the tumbling at all works her butt off and you can see she would love to be those girls and have the skills and the gift they do.
Idk if they will be able to pull it off as we have competition in a couple weeks but I have a feeling all hale will break loose if they don't!!

I wish everyone and their teams good luck and hopefully every one can get it together! Just want y'all to know y'all aren't the only ones.
okay so last year i went through a tough point with my tumbling. i too started blocking and wouldnt even throw a roundoff back tuck (last year and this year i have been on a senior level 3). It happens sometimes and no matter how much your mind says throw the skill your body wont throw it! So i know exactly how that girl is feeling. she is not trying to waste time she is just frustrated and trying to focus on throwing it. After my tumbling drama was over last year i came back to the gym and threw my round off tuck right away! This last week i was going through alot and then more drama happened durring stretching, so i was not focused at all!! then we were warming up tumbling and since i wasnt focused i totally blocked AGAIN!! it took me three more practices before i started throwing my tumbling again. The point is you should really say that the girl was wasting your cp's time because its her time too and she was prolly trying to get through her block. I also would say she sould go on a lower level team because that is not were she might fit, she is struggling but will get there.

that could also have been extremely dangerous and a liability waiting to happen if something went wrong.........
thats probably not ok................
Yes, something really bad could have happened. But shes okay now, and off of the Vicadin:) Plus we got 2nd at State. So it was worth it. I've never had Vicadin before but I assume that it makes you feel loopy and out of sorts. So hey, she was able to function and it was the only thing that helped her pain.

We have a girl like this at my gym. She has her handspring, by herself, and shes been working on it for I wanna say three to four years. She now will not throw it by herself, and throws a fit ever time we start to tumble, because she doesn't want to tumble with the rest of us. Its really a negative affect on the team.

Yes, something really bad could have happened. But shes okay now, and off of the Vicadin:) Plus we got 2nd at State. So it was worth it. I've never had Vicadin before but I assume that it makes you feel loopy and out of sorts. So hey, she was able to function and it was the only thing that helped her pain.
vicodin is a drug. It messes with the chemicals in your body and delays your reaction time..

i mean yeah it helps with pain, thats what its made for. but It's a narcotic drug (same class of drug as cocaine) and its highly addictive.
Yeah she did get addicted to it but weened off of it and then finally just went cold turkey. Thats why im scared of every taking meds luke that, even if i was hurt and needed them!

Back