All-Star "throw It"

• Thread starter Deleted member 8658
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oh my gosh i used to have that problem because my coach put a pass in the routine that i didnt have and was scared to death of so i would never throw it!!

Every time someone touches down or doesn't finish/throw at practice they either have to run the 'green hill' @lovescheer will know (its an inclined hill with turf on it and its torture) or we throw our pass 5 times....so I ALWAYS make sure to throw mine but i do slip up sometimes....it just helps with conditioning though!

Yep. We discussed what needed to be done today. I'll be removing the passes they don't do until they decide it's important enough to them to do it.

good for you! it's important that the athletes understand that they have a ton of control over how they score.... not throwing tumbling is not helpful in scoring well at all.

Yep. We discussed what needed to be done today. I'll be removing the passes they don't do until they decide it's important enough to them to do it.
this normally works on our team, but sometimes we replace them with someone that will throw the tumbling and it gives them just a little extra push to do it right ;)

i've heard this mentioned before.. can you please explain 9 lines?

I'll try my best. Basically you start on one side of the cheer floor and on each line going across you do a standing back. Our coaches count and we just have to sit for our standing back on the count of 1 on each line till you do a standing back on each line all the way across the floor. I hope this helps !

Since we are discussing athletes not doing their tumbling during practice can I get some feedback from all you sr athletes? What gets your attention the most when things aren't going well at practice? The freakout, the downgrading of skills, major conditioning? I've done all the above (except I haven't had a good freak out yet this year--really, its overdue) and I would like to know which one puts you on top of your game the fastest ;)

Since we are discussing athletes not doing their tumbling during practice can I get some feedback from all you sr athletes? What gets your attention the most when things aren't going well at practice? The freakout, the downgrading of skills, major conditioning? I've done all the above (except I haven't had a good freak out yet this year--really, its overdue) and I would like to know which one puts you on top of your game the fastest ;)
I hate when my coaches water our routines down. So when they say if you don't hit your stunt when we do them individually we have 3 toe backs to do that usually gets our team pretty well or if we have to run a lap around the gym. Or what really freaks me out is when we do jumps for conditioning...like 5 times. -.-

My girls have learnt that unless I say "no tumbling this time" I better see every tumble executed or they will pay. If someone misses then the whole squad does jump conditioning to their music straight after. Obviously if someone trips or soothing happens that means they can't actually throw the pass then it doesn't happen but I found this worked very effectively :)

If something is supposed to be full out (either sections or entire routine), and something is marked, we keep going until everything is thrown. If one person marking is making the team do more full outs than they were supposed to, it usually gets fixed pretty fast.

This was a problem for my team at the beginning of last year! But our coaches got very strict - the whole team does conditioning, you do your pass 5 times, run laps etc. and people started to get it..

Back