OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Is that normal for your chapter?!?
It's the biggest we have ever had. Since I joined in 2009 pledge class sizes have grown every year. I think my PC had around 85 girls and it's gone up from there to 120 this year. Greek Life gives each sorority a quota that they need to take according to the number of girls that sign up for rush and that number is updated throughout the week as girls drop out. Most chapters get a quota from their nationals too.

South Carolina's problem in particular is that there are not enough sororities on campus for the rising number of girls each year that rush. More and more girls sign up each year and the greek community needs to expand to accommodate that. When I joined we only had 9 sororities on campus. Now there is 11 which is better, but still small compared to other schools of our size. I would venture to say most of them have about 15 or so chapters. USC will be adding a new sorority to campus every 2 years for the next 6 years to accommodate the growing number of rushees.

But overall for an SEC school giant pledge classes are pretty normal. Most of the chapters here are either 1st 2nd or 3rd largest nationally. ADPi here is the largest chapter in the country, and we are the 2nd largest Kappa chapter nationally, second to Arkansas.

Well one of my top 2 had dropped me today BUT I'm happy because it really solidified my top choice and I'm so in love with that house. I made it very clear to the girl that I talked to today that I love them and would love to come back and ugh omg everyone please say a prayer for me that they ask me back for tomorrow!
Good luck!!! Please keep us posted! ;)

All these posts make me so jealous that there isnt a sorority system for Universities in the UK :(... though a lot of our friends said that the cheerleaders were a bit like a sorority, lol.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It's OK. Y'all have that whole monarchy thing going, so...

Just wanted to share that my chapter gained a beautiful new pledge class of 120 (yep you read that right) new members!
They have to take a panoramic shot just to fit everyone!

565022_10200566374867467_353624493_n.jpg

Also wanted to share that @kayleighh famous got a bid from Theta at Kentucky! Congrats girl!

Wow. My SAE pledge class was mid 30's and I thought that was big.

The Fierce Board! Where one day you're in and the next day you're talked about.

Wow. My SAE pledge class was mid 30's and I thought that was big.

My sister's ex husband was SAE. :eek: They're an "interesting" bunch...:D (She dated him all through college so she actually lived in the SAE house at Cornell from 1993 until 1995. I spent many a weekend there in my youth :oops: That was the closest I got to Greek)

My sister's ex husband was SAE. :eek: They're an "interesting" bunch...:D (She dated him all through college so she actually lived in the SAE house at Cornell from 1993 until 1995. I spent many a weekend there in my youth :oops: That was the closest I got to Greek)

Obviously different chapters have different standards. We were pretty solid at EKU but had issues from time to time.

Obviously different chapters have different standards. We were pretty solid at EKU but had issues from time to time.

They weren't tooooo bad when she was there (other than her ex, who I've always found to be a complete and utter db :p ) - wild, but no more so than any other college kids. But obviously things went south over the years.

I can't remember who it was now, but the house next to theirs was really bad (rape charges, hazing, etc. They were always in trouble); but like SAE they're also now no longer at Cornell.

Just wanted to share that my chapter gained a beautiful new pledge class of 120 (yep you read that right) new members!
They have to take a panoramic shot just to fit everyone!

565022_10200566374867467_353624493_n.jpg

Also wanted to share that @kayleighh famous got a bid from Theta at Kentucky! Congrats girl!

Sorority chapters are huge in the South. I think quota at UK was 80 this year. Congrats @kayleighh famous - UK Theta is a very strong chapter!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Good luck!!! Please keep us posted! ;)
They asked me back for pref today :D:D:D:D
It went SO well today. I had the same girl I had yesterday and I flat out told her that I'm obsessed with her and she told me that I was her rush crush :rolleyes:
I think I have a pretty good shot at getting in... they're first on my MRABA!!!
Bid day is tomorrow at 5 and UGHHHHHHH I'm so excited

Bid day is TODAY. I'm freaking out.
You are too cute...I never did the sorority thing in college. I cheered, and I went with a bunch of the other cheerleaders to look at one sorority, and hated it. I went through a pretty bad initiation in high school (think hazing, almost getting expelled type) And when talking with girls who had pledged the year before I would have started talking about what had happened to them, it was terrifying. I left and never looked back. I didn't look into other sororities, nothing. Looking back I totally regret it.

At least 80% of the girls who graduate out of my program end up going greek, and the stories and pictures they share are wonderful. They love it, and I end up being a little jealous of them! You are going to be able to make friends that will stay with you for a lifetime! Good luck today! From seeing you on the boards, you sound like a wonderful well rounded young lady. I am sure the sorority of your choice would love to have you!

You are too cute...I never did the sorority thing in college. I cheered, and I went with a bunch of the other cheerleaders to look at one sorority, and hated it. I went through a pretty bad initiation in high school (think hazing, almost getting expelled type) And when talking with girls who had pledged the year before I would have started talking about what had happened to them, it was terrifying. I left and never looked back. I didn't look into other sororities, nothing. Looking back I totally regret it.

At least 80% of the girls who graduate out of my program end up going greek, and the stories and pictures they share are wonderful. They love it, and I end up being a little jealous of them! You are going to be able to make friends that will stay with you for a lifetime! Good luck today! From seeing you on the boards, you sound like a wonderful well rounded young lady. I am sure the sorority of your choice would love to have you!
You're the nicest person ever :eek: Thank you so so so much!

Back