OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Is "frackets" supposed to be "frat party jackets" or "f*ck it jackets" as in "f*ck it, I don't care if I lose this jacket at this frat party"?

It could honestly be both.
The first but I love the second and that will be my official definition from now on. I just sent former-cp 4 Target zip up hoodies which were on sale, so hopefully those will hold her over for a little while.

Definitely true. It all works out in the end and you find where you belong. Cp is very happy. I will be even happier when they all get inducted which I believe is the end of this month.

I've learned a new word today - frackets. As in "jackets you wear to frat parties that you don't care if you never see again".

Good luck to everyone who is at the start of the process - and enjoy it!
You need frackets if you're fropping in cold weather! (fropping = frat hopping)
I've actually never heard that here but it hasn't been too cold yet and there haven't been many frat parties since everyone's buckling down for hoco next week - it's marathon weekend. I spent 8 hours pomping yesterday [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] ready for hoco to be done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, y'all, I need advice.
First, I just realized I never posted on here what sorority I got in! I'm a Phi Mu at La Tech, and loving every minute of it!
Anyway though, this Sunday, we'll be picking our bigs. I'm so excited to get a new family and all of that, but I honestly haven't clicked all that well with any of the 3 of my assigned weekly "friends" (don't get me wrong, they're great girls, we just didn't have anything in common and I really couldn't see any of them as my big!). Yesterday we watched a PowerPoint detailing all the girls who were taking littles, and their hobbies and interests, and were told to jot down names of girls we shared similar interests with. Well, I was going through my list of names, creeping them on various social medias and thinking about social interactions I'd had with them, and I think I have found the perfect girl for me! (She's literally perfect- we have the same name!) However, she's one of the only girls on my list who I had never even met. So I went out on a limb and reached out to her via text, and she was way cool about it and we sat together at a sisterhood movie night tonight. As it happens, (that I learned tonight) a girl that rushed me and was literally the deciding factor in my going Phi Mu is her big! I was like, what a perfect sign!
But here's where I need advice: I've met this girl once. She really doesn't know me and we're running out of time to get to know each other. What would you do in my situation? As an active taking a little, would you be weirded out by some new member randomly asking you to hang out? (Be brutally honest, it's okay.) Or would you rather that new member come right out and say, "I could see us being best friends forever and I hope you'd consider me as your little"? I feel like my thoughts are kind of disorganized because I'm stressing, but yeah. Any and all opinions are welcome!

First, I just realized I never posted on here what sorority I got in! I'm a Phi Mu at La Tech, and loving every minute of it!
Anyway though, this Sunday, we'll be picking our bigs. I'm so excited to get a new family and all of that, but I honestly haven't clicked all that well with any of the 3 of my assigned weekly "friends" (don't get me wrong, they're great girls, we just didn't have anything in common and I really couldn't see any of them as my big!). Yesterday we watched a PowerPoint detailing all the girls who were taking littles, and their hobbies and interests, and were told to jot down names of girls we shared similar interests with. Well, I was going through my list of names, creeping them on various social medias and thinking about social interactions I'd had with them, and I think I have found the perfect girl for me! (She's literally perfect- we have the same name!) However, she's one of the only girls on my list who I had never even met. So I went out on a limb and reached out to her via text, and she was way cool about it and we sat together at a sisterhood movie night tonight. As it happens, (that I learned tonight) a girl that rushed me and was literally the deciding factor in my going Phi Mu is her big! I was like, what a perfect sign!
But here's where I need advice: I've met this girl once. She really doesn't know me and we're running out of time to get to know each other. What would you do in my situation? As an active taking a little, would you be weirded out by some new member randomly asking you to hang out? (Be brutally honest, it's okay.) Or would you rather that new member come right out and say, "I could see us being best friends forever and I hope you'd consider me as your little"? I feel like my thoughts are kind of disorganized because I'm stressing, but yeah. Any and all opinions are welcome!
I talked to my big for the first time for 3 minutes during big/little speed dating and I probably did not talk to her more than 1 very short time before reveal. We are best friends now. Trust your gut :)

Interesting you get to choose your big. Where former-cp is, I'm not sure how they get matched up but the week before the reveal her big would come into her dorm room (she was told to be out of her room for a specified time each of those days) and decorate her side with all sorts of sorority stuff as well as things that were personal to her. They then had a reveal party last Thursday night. Former-cp loves hers, and the best is that she lives in an apartment 5 minutes from former cp's dorm so she will go there to hang out, study, etc.

Put her down! If it's not meant to be it won't work out. My friend put down a girl she didn't know and only briefly met on bid day. She hadn't clicked with any of her girls and she had seen her now-big in skit and had a huge girl crush. As it turns out, her big hadn't clicked with anyone either and was about to not take a little because she wanted a connection with her little like she has with her big, who she met the first day of recruitment. But since she was my friend's number one they got matched together and ended up big-little and they love each other so much! My big and her big are roomies in the house and I was hanging out in their room after big-little reveal and my friends big was just gushing about how happy she was and how much she loved her, even though the whole week she was crafting and such for someone she really didn't know, once she met her little they had the instant connection she wanted but hadn't found yet. Another story, my big had never met her big before reveal. Like it was reveal and her big was introducing herself for the first time. And they're like best friends now! So I say go with your gut and put her down if you think you'd be a good big little pair - you never know she could be worrying she didn't click with anyone too! And remember it'll work out regardless! Enjoy big-little week, it's tons of fun!

Guys. Its bid day. I'm freaking out!!! For pref I was invited back to my top 2 houses but still I'm just super anxious to open my bid card and I have to wait until the end of the day

Former CP was the same way but preference night made it really clear that she preferred 1 to 2 - The waiting was nerve wracking! Let us know what happens!

Guys. Its bid day. I'm freaking out!!! For pref I was invited back to my top 2 houses but still I'm just super anxious to open my bid card and I have to wait until the end of the day

Enjoy - either way you're going to be happy if you were invited back to your top two.

I would write her down if that is how you get to choose. My daughter is going thru big/little week this week, with reveal on Sunday. They had their sisterhood retreat this past weekend. I think she could write down 3 names. I think you could tell her you would love to be her little, if you feel comfortable saying that to her. I think during big/little time, they expect conversations like that.

First off , WELCOME TO PHI MU <3 best decision I made in college was to accept a bid to this organization, you are gonna love it.

I personally do not think it is weird if you asked to hang out with a sister who you think you'd click with as a new member! Sometimes its hard for sisters to get to meet every new member and she could have been wanting to meet you as well but hadn't been able to yet! I know for me as a new member and a sister that I felt really good when girls reached out to me first.

About the big/little thing, I would definitely would add her to your list if you think you will be a good match! When I was deciding I didn't have a strong connection with my "lion sister" that I was paired with either, so I put other girls on my list first. I hadn't really talked a lot to the girl I put #1 on my list and she ended up being my big and it was a GREAT match for me.

Thanks everyone for the nice responses! As I was reading them, potential big texted me inviting me for coffee tomorrow!! *squeals* I am definitely going to put her down. And I might just be real with her tomorrow and tell her I'm putting her down, we'll see. And I already have my two backups to write down, so things will work out no matter what. Ugh I'm so excited!

Back