All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure you can say it was a miscommunication because the numbers 1-12 on a sheet should be pretty clear. It would also be really rude of the USASF to give them rules written in any language other then their own. Does anyone know if the international teams get their paperwork in their language?

My questions is, and I may have missed this but who's globe did Bangkok walk away with? I saw pictures of the awards and both teams had globes. Did they just have an extra sitting around or did a team not get their globe? Sorry it may have already been said and I completely missed it. I just got confused when I saw the picture and both teams had globes because I assumed one team would go home with one and the USASF would have to send one to the other.

As for breaking the rules, I don't care what country they come from breaking the rules is still not allowed so they should not have a first place beside their name. They put together an amazing routine, but like I mentioned in the NCA thread about the school in California, cheating is cheating and that amazing routine means nothing if it won illegally. I do not believe they didn't know the rules, I believe they did and the USASF knew and did nothing about it. If other countries followed the rules so should Bangkok. At first I thought maybe the judges didn't know there would be a tie so it just happened, but the fact that the scoresheet for the entire division with breakdowns has yet to be released is a little fishy and the fact that it is being said that Bangkok was told they had too many athletes and were just given deductions??? Something isn't right about that. I will be interested to hear what the USASF/IASF statement is about this.

Aren't we all forgetting something, Bangkok has been competing at Worlds for at least 3 years, and as far I know the number of boys and girls on the mat hasnt changed since at least 2009, correct if wrong. So in my opinion there wasn't a language barrier where they were confused, they just tried to pull a fast one on us! I bet they thought, "dumb ole 'mericans"

If this "sport" and I use that term in a broad sense, considering the recent events, ever has any chance at legitimacy, then the title should be taken from Bankok!! It is what it is--they had too many boys on the floor!!! If the USASF isn't willing to fess up, then there is a huge problem with the industry, and just goes to show that it's all about the $$$$$$$$$. Truely a sad state of affairs??

Not sure you can say it was a miscommunication because the numbers 1-12 on a sheet should be pretty clear. It would also be really rude of the USASF to give them rules written in any language other then their own. Does anyone know if the international teams get their paperwork in their language?

My questions is, and I may have missed this but who's globe did Bangkok walk away with? I saw pictures of the awards and both teams had globes. Did they just have an extra sitting around or did a team not get their globe? Sorry it may have already been said and I completely missed it. I just got confused when I saw the picture and both teams had globes because I assumed one team would go home with one and the USASF would have to send one to the other.

As for breaking the rules, I don't care what country they come from breaking the rules is still not allowed so they should not have a first place beside their name. They put together an amazing routine, but like I mentioned in the NCA thread about the school in California, cheating is cheating and that amazing routine means nothing if it won illegally. I do not believe they didn't know the rules, I believe they did and the USASF knew and did nothing about it. If other countries followed the rules so should Bangkok. At first I thought maybe the judges didn't know there would be a tie so it just happened, but the fact that the scoresheet for the entire division with breakdowns has yet to be released is a little fishy and the fact that it is being said that Bangkok was told they had too many athletes and were just given deductions??? Something isn't right about that. I will be interested to hear what the USASF/IASF statement is about this.

They took home the Gold and the banner. GT was holding a bronze globe. It is a lot easier / cheaper to ship the second globe and banner to GT located in the USA.

If the rule was enforced would it be a title strip and a year ban from usasf / worlds events?

if it was a blatant disregard for rules, sure. Not if it was a lack of knowledge or not having understood the different rules for Worlds.

Aren't we all forgetting something, Bangkok has been competing at Worlds for at least 3 years, and as far I know the number of boys and girls on the mat hasnt changed since at least 2009, correct if wrong. So in my opinion there wasn't a language barrier where they were confused, they just tried to pull a fast one on us! I bet they thought, "dumb ole 'mericans"

Shouldn't be too hard to find out if they competed with extra boys in previous years. If they've come with 15 boys for the last 3 years and it was never a proiblem, why would they stop this year?

They knew it was 12 back in 2009.

Here's "no more than twelve" in Thai: ไม่เกินสิบสอง

Here's "limitless" in Thai: ไร้พรมแดน

I think we can see where the mistake was made.

OMG!!! I totally spit my coffee out on the screen reading this! LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Back