All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope everyone stops crying about the "celebration rule" next year. No one is telling the kids that they can't celebrate. They just can't do it on the floor. If you have 100 teams performing and every single one of them goes 30 seconds over their slotted time because they're busy making a big show of hugging, the competition ends up almost an hour behind schedule by the end of the day. It looked like most teams this year would haul butt off the floor so they could go celebrate off stage. I'm pretty sure waiting a few extra seconds to jump into their teammates' arms didn't ruin their experience. Hug each other, tackle each other, kiss each other, cry, scream, do whatever you want, just do it backstage so that the show can go on.

I don't remember it ever being a great big thing for teams to dog pile at the end of routines before they ran off the floor before a few years ago. Kids saw a few teams do it, and then it became everyone's thing.
There is a "happy medium" between hugging your teammates after the performance while moving off the floor and "30 seconds over their slotted time / tackling/ screaming". I can tell you that our athletes were warned many times and were VERY concerned that anything could result in a deduction. Very sad that after their performance they were more worried about getting off the stage quickly than grabbing their 35 best friends to walk off the stage together. That is the way I (and many of the athletes) feel.

I feel about the big hair pretty much the same way I do about all of this over-the-top make-up and those way overdone tans. It is way to time-consuming and when you think about it, it also kinda looks ridiculous this year, as everything keeps getting bigger and more extreme.
Seriously, some of these athletes look like weird little, orangey-tan, glittery clowns and on top of that, they're practically naked. I mean, why can't the gyms design uniforms that you can fit sportsbras or at least normal bras underneath? I mean these girls are athletes, they're jumping and tumbling, they need some kind of supportive bra (strapless does not do the work).
Plus, I am really hoping to see these uniforms with cut outs in weird places and/or way too much glitter, mesh and different colored material gone by next year, they often look cute close up, but on the floor, it just doesn't look clean to me.
I really love to see the Stingray Allstars teams on the mat, because their athletes just look athletic and clean.

What I really would like to see gone next season (and this is actually only concerning Worlds itself) is the hate I see on here and on social media against all the international teams at Worlds. I mean, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but if you wanna have a competition called "Worlds" and if you want to call the teams winning "World Champions" then you should support the athletes coming to Orlando from different places in the WORLD rather than hating on them because they don't have the skills yet, that level 5/6 teams in the US have. I think it's great, that teams from more than one country have the opportunity to make finals at Worlds and I have seen some great improvement and creativity there this year.
Our sport is only beginning to grow internationally and in my opinion that should be supported. :)

There is a "happy medium" between hugging your teammates after the performance while moving off the floor and "30 seconds over their slotted time / tackling/ screaming". I can tell you that our athletes were warned many times and were VERY concerned that anything could result in a deduction. Very sad that after their performance they were more worried about getting off the stage quickly than grabbing their 35 best friends to walk off the stage together. That is the way I (and many of the athletes) feel.

Agreed. The anxiety over deductions is unnecessary. It was almost laughable on the boards to see teams hit a great routine and then spend five minutes on here discussing whether or not a hug would put them in second place.

Teams have 30 seconds to take the floor and be set to perform. Why can't the rule for leaving the floor be similar, with a clause that forbids tackling, laying or sitting on the mat, and coaches/spectators stepping onto the floor? Teams are scheduled 4 minutes apart, which leaves plenty of time for the routine plus 30 seconds to get on and 30 to get off the floor. When only one division is going there is even more extra time.

One can argue that waiting until you're off the floor to celebrate is no big deal. But there is something special about those first few moments after you hit a routine and you jump up and down or grab your teammate in pure joy. You see it in every sport. Why take that away when there can be a middle ground?

When teams enter the floor and proceed to hug and high five multiple teammates before taking their spot on the floor. Drives me nuts. If you absolutely need to do this, please do this while the previous team is on! Just get to your spot and rock the floor!
Princess wave, Hug, high five, chest bump, fist bump, Princess wave again, pray, wink, twist check, bounce check, set check, uni adjustment... Princess wave... OK go

When teams enter the floor and proceed to hug and high five multiple teammates before taking their spot on the floor. Drives me nuts. If you absolutely need to do this, please do this while the previous team is on! Just get to your spot and rock the floor!
I would venture to say that most of the people who do it WANT to be seen by the entire crowd. It's an attention grabber. Like hey, look at me, I'm important and I do important things so I can take my sweet time getting ready.

End the celebration rule. Instead just give teams 20 seconds to get off the mat.
I feel like 20 or even 30 secs is a bit tight, especially for the teams that end in pyramids/stunts. You've got to hold your shapes for a few seconds after the music stops, dismount safely, then trying to get up to 36 people out of a very close together formation (pyramid) would probably take more than 10 seconds I think. But I agree, I far prefer the idea of a time limit than these weirdly specific celebration rules

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't like to be orange tan but I do like to have a nice color. I do spray tan but I don't choose the darkest shade available. For some reason being tan makes me feel skinnier....? That probably makes no sense ahaha

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Do what makes you happy...especially when it doesn't bother anyone else AND MAKES YOU FEEL SKINNIER! ;)

I hope everyone stops crying about the "celebration rule" next year. No one is telling the kids that they can't celebrate. They just can't do it on the floor. If you have 100 teams performing and every single one of them goes 30 seconds over their slotted time because they're busy making a big show of hugging, the competition ends up almost an hour behind schedule by the end of the day. It looked like most teams this year would haul butt off the floor so they could go celebrate off stage. I'm pretty sure waiting a few extra seconds to jump into their teammates' arms didn't ruin their experience. Hug each other, tackle each other, kiss each other, cry, scream, do whatever you want, just do it backstage so that the show can go on.

I don't remember it ever being a great big thing for teams to dog pile at the end of routines before they ran off the floor before a few years ago. Kids saw a few teams do it, and then it became everyone's thing.

I understand your point but when the competition is still half an hour behind, the time argument isn't super valid. Especially when the divisions didn't alternate...a quick hug really wouldn't have held up the schedule. However like you said, I know my teams were just as happy celebrating off the floor while watching their playback video so I guess it doesn't matter!

Back