College Uca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

From reading facebook it seems that results have a lot of people upset/confused. several people that were there honestly thought that UK had it but when winners were announced they were shocked.

Congrats to Bama for finally winning. Just means that UK will be coming back next year stronger then ever.

I 100% do not understand... Did UK have a huge bobble or drop or something in finals? I mean even LSU dropped and got 4th... Not to take away from BAMA but that UK routine was on a whole notha level. My top 5 would have looked mucho different.

I am interested to see what Bama did. You couldnt really tell from their run through. UK looked UK, great and very talented. I liked their stunt sequence, but it was a bit different. Hrmm... have to see the routines to know for sure.

Ok so now that the actual Finals videos are posted in my opinion I think I understand why Alabama won... (Full disclosure - Obviously from my account picture you can see where I'm from and for the record I AM a UK fan when it come to cheerleading)

The rumored "2 bobbles" that Alabama had I'm missing completely... I do see what looks like a timing issue on the far right after the cheer for the 7 full up intermediate stunts but I wouldn't consider that a bobble. Then during the cheer in the pyramid on the left side I think "maybe" you could consider that a bobble but very minor at best... Aside from those two things I saw a pretty close to flawless routine from Alabama with a high level of difficulty.

In UK's routine the one guy who tumbles up the middle literally busts all the way to his butt, and during the elite stunt sequence the back right stunt has to be saved by the spotter, and in my opinion THAT is was I would consider a deductable "bobble". It is also "rumored" UK received a deduction for stepping out of bounds. I'm saying "rumored" b/c I don't actually see someone step out of bounds. The closest thing I could see is in the very beginning opening tumbling the blonde (far left) tumbling back to front looks to take a small step after she lands and is very close to the edge, but again I think I could be reaching.

Having said all that obviously on Varsity.com we're not given the entire routine and we only get to see what they choose to show us but in my opinion based on what we DO get to see I "think" I understand why the title went to Alabama.

I'm sure the above opinion will not be shared by everyone nor do I expect it to be but I'm trying to view both videos with the most objective eye possible and ultimately I saw a cleaner routine from Alabama than that of UK.

I know that UCA wants super clean routines, I just thought that UK had in my opinion a more difficult routine that should have won over Alabama's routine. Both amazing teams of course, but UK's routine was just in a completely different league. Again congrats to Bama for finally pulling out the win, but I can only imagine what UK will put on the mat next year to take back the title.

I don't quite understand UCA's scoresheets to really figure it out. I assume the bust and the bobble stunt are the reasons they lost.

BUT from an execution standpoint UK had a lot higher execution in the skills they did. so maybe they are two bobbles better than everyone else... or one fall... but not a fall and a bobble?

do they release scores?

Also, for 5 points I don't understand the effort put into tumbling. Would UK have won without the tumbler in the middle?

That might've been my favorite routine Kentucky has ever done! I feel like they took it to a whole new level this year! It's pretty different from what they usually do, but they still kept it... "traditional"...if that makes sense. They did something different without completely changing their style. I'm incredibly proud of them. I too think they should've won. In MY opinion, they looked more outstanding and had more wow factor.

That might've been my favorite routine Kentucky has ever done! I feel like they took it to a whole new level this year! It's pretty different from what they usually do, but they still kept it... "traditional"...if that makes sense. They did something different without completely changing their style. I'm incredibly proud of them. I too think they should've won. In MY opinion, they looked more outstanding and had more wow factor.

oy... wow factor... can someone explain that to me?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. when you have 7 whip to fulls. I don't think one x out full will help you out much more. Also, BAMA has every one do standing tuck bhs bhs full except for girl middle right who does 3 bhs full in the beginning. Also, UCA is very big on the cheer section and I thought that UK had a much better cheer section. Still in shock...

I do agree Kentucky had some very cool looking things in their routine and I'm not trying to be funny at all but I do know there's no "wow factor" section on the score sheets... Ultimately if you can try to strip emotion out of it bottom line Alabama hit their difficult routine and UK did not...

I know most won't look at it in such simple terms but more times than not that's how it goes... You simply can't highlight a person tumbling up the middle and that person bust his butt all the way to the ground AND have that big of a bobble in the elite stunt and beat what another team (in this case Alabama) that essentially hits with no comparable mistakes...

I'm proud of West Georgia!! I really wanted their coed team to take that title back and not only did they do that, but their all girl team took home a title too!! Go0 Wolves!

Back