High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Out of curiousity since my state doesn't go to UCA, how many teams get bids vs how many teams are trying to get bids? At the end of the day varsity is a business and I don't see them turning away that many people. I do know for nca nationals its insanely easy to get a bid. Dont think I've ever seen a team not get a bid.

I have seen plenty of teams not get bids!! It happens I promise

Well UCA basically has a set score at regionals that you need to get in order to get a bid, so even if you don't place first (it's an automatic bid if you win first), you can still get one. I think last year there were maybe 100 and something teams and the bids given out are probably more. To go it's a matter of whether or not a team can afford it and if their school board can go.

Actually NCA bids confuse me I read online you need to either qualify at camp or send a video (like UCA)

NCA bids are given out at camp (even home camps) or I believe you can send in a video! It is true that it is fairly simple to earn a bid to NCA nationals, but that is intentional so that every team has the opportunity to showcase their skills in one of the several division types. Some teams may struggle with tumbling or stunting or excel in game day cheerleading, and there are divisions for that. It allows teams to play to their strengths.

(Former NCA staffer here [emoji2])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how this type of thing seems to wait until right before Nationals to happen too. Ugh.

Yeah, injuries happen all the time, but when they happen at a time like this it feel like the Universe is just out to get you.
Seriously... I had this freshman flyer TOTALY step her game up today.. But everyone is so stressed out right now. I have faith everything will work out.. We just have to go out there and do the very best we can.

Seriously... I had this freshman flyer TOTALY step her game up today.. But everyone is so stressed out right now. I have faith everything will work out.. We just have to go out there and do the very best we can.

We're going through same thing with one of our teams! Girls are really stepping it up and we are able to do the same routine, but they are thrown off a bit. Praying for the best!!

Well UCA basically has a set score at regionals that you need to get in order to get a bid, so even if you don't place first (it's an automatic bid if you win first), you can still get one. I think last year there were maybe 100 and something teams and the bids given out are probably more. To go it's a matter of whether or not a team can afford it and if their school board can go.

Actually NCA bids confuse me I read online you need to either qualify at camp or send a video (like UCA)

There have been 1st place teams in the Northeast who have NOT gotten the auto bids, it doesn't happen often, but it has a few times.

Back