High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

legitimate question: Two teams that did not qualify at uca regionals are now currently on the schedule for nationals. Both are long standing uca programs. One team did not receive a bid at regionals and the other never even competed...so how does that happen?
Video Submitions?

Ok, but what about the team that did not get a bid at the competition? Maybe the one that did not compete all together but not the one that got 4th and not a bid. It just irks me I guess, why do they not have to follow the same rules?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ok, but what about the team that did not get a bid at the competition? Maybe the one that did not compete all together but not the one that got 4th and not a bid. It just irks me I guess, why do they not have to follow the same rules?

In our area on occasion they give out at large Bids after the local regionals are done. It's not common, but has happened before. I have seen teams ask for feedback on a routine, and when it was re-reviewed, it was agreed upon that certain scores didn't reflect the actual skills shown.

legitimate question: Two teams that did not qualify at uca regionals are now currently on the schedule for nationals. Both are long standing uca programs. One team did not receive a bid at regionals and the other never even competed...so how does that happen?
Some people attended multiple regionals to try to get a bid if they are initially unsuccessful.

There is only one regional in our state.

I know of teams for MN that have come to WI to get a bid in the past. They may have gone to a different state. Our HS team once considered driving all the way to Iowa one year to try to get a bid when we didn't get one at our own regional.

Our regional was the second to last week that they hold them, the next weekend the closest regional was 8 hours away lol, doubt they drove ...but yet still on the schedule for nationals.

Our regional was the second to last week that they hold them, the next weekend the closest regional was 8 hours away lol, doubt they drove ...but yet still on the schedule for nationals.

What state are you in? What division?
I have seen video submissions get bids
And this year in our division we have 8 teams that went to a completely NON UCA event and received bids ... Apparently the conceals on FB is that bc UCA has zero regionals in The NE area this comp can hand out bids ??
Soo perhaps the same situation for you?
But video is most likely :) sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My team went to two regionals, but we're in a location where multiple are relatively close. But there was one year (when I was still on JV), that varsity didn't get a bid at the one regional we went to and we had to do a video submission. Why after that we started going to multiple.

I don't have a dog in this fight this year, I just follow our region since I coached for so long and find it ethically troubling.

I don't have a dog in this fight this year, I just follow our region since I coached for so long and find it ethically troubling.

I think you're assuming there's some sort of "funny business" going on... But the reality is there are numerous ways to get a bid to nationals without qualifying at a particular region you might closely follow. I see no reason for a company to not give a bid then to all the sudden give one for no reason. (Point, there must be some sort of valid reason) I just don't see the benefit for UCA.

Last edited:
Out of curiousity since my state doesn't go to UCA, how many teams get bids vs how many teams are trying to get bids? At the end of the day varsity is a business and I don't see them turning away that many people. I do know for nca nationals its insanely easy to get a bid. Dont think I've ever seen a team not get a bid.

Out of curiousity since my state doesn't go to UCA, how many teams get bids vs how many teams are trying to get bids? At the end of the day varsity is a business and I don't see them turning away that many people. I do know for nca nationals its insanely easy to get a bid. Dont think I've ever seen a team not get a bid.
Well UCA basically has a set score at regionals that you need to get in order to get a bid, so even if you don't place first (it's an automatic bid if you win first), you can still get one. I think last year there were maybe 100 and something teams and the bids given out are probably more. To go it's a matter of whether or not a team can afford it and if their school board can go.

Actually NCA bids confuse me I read online you need to either qualify at camp or send a video (like UCA)

Back