High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What were the Medium All-Girl D2 results? I'm on my phone and too lazy to look them up.

What were the Medium All-Girl D2 results? I'm on my phone and too lazy to look them up.

• 1.Corbin High School
  • 2 Rocky Point High School
  • 3 Bishop McCort Catholic High School
  • 4 St Huberts Catholic High School
  • 5 Barnegat High School
  • 6 Lexington Christian Academy
  • 7 Somerset High School
  • 8 Brentwood Academy
  • 9 Bishop Moore High School

Was there some sort of separate "worlds" competition? I have been seeing a few things on social media, but I can't find information or results.

Was there some sort of separate "worlds" competition? I have been seeing a few things on social media, but I can't find information or results.
Yeah, UCA HS Worlds. No one really regards it as prestigious. I find that ICU Worlds is a much better international competition.

Yeah, UCA HS Worlds. No one really regards it as prestigious. I find that ICU Worlds is a much better international competition.
ICU world school cheerleading championships were held this past weekend. I found that much. I guess dyer county won large coed from their posts.

Yes ma'am! I think you had to have made finals the year before to be eligible to compete? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I remember from reading the nationals packet a few years go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes ma'am! I think you had to have made finals the year before to be eligible to compete? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I remember from reading the nationals packet a few years go.

That makes sense.

I was perusing my cp's Twitter and saw a some dyer county cheerleaders with white jackets and making the "number 1" sign. Then, I saw a sign for their welcome home with "#1 in the world, first in our hearts".

This was my first time taking a team to this competition as a coach. With the exception of the weather on Saturday, it was a great experience. We stayed in the Pop Century resort, but went over to All Star Sports and had practice on the tennis court on Friday morning. It was a little chilly, but after my girls got over the cold and the intimidation factor, they suddenly "grew up," as a team. I had been dealing with a lot of complaining about having practice while we were there and the parents saying the girls weren't getting enough time to play at Disney World. After they got warmed up and started hitting their skills, they didn't want to leave. When I told them we were done, they started in asking if they could "one more time" things. I finally had to shut them down as I didn't want fatigue to set in and result in injuries. We had a team outing planned for later that night and an hour before they called and asked if we could have a run-through before hand.

In Large DII prelims, we had a SF, but advanced to semis. My Small-NT team, which is very young, had a case of nerves. They had actually not dropped a skill at any competition this year, but had three drops in prelims. Such is life. Large DII semis we hit solid, with our best performance of the year, but missed finals by 0.6.

The best part: They're hungry for next year. We've been back for about 36 hours, and I've got six of them who have scheduled tumbling lessons with me at a local all-star gym. We can't wait to return.

Yes... It's an additional little comp that allows teams who placed top In their divisions at regionals and last year finals to compete again against other HS teams from other countries... Nothing too competitive but it's a fun extra comp :)

Back