High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, I have no room to talk, because we were NOT the smoothest sailing boat on the sea out there... I'm sorry, but we all subject ourselves to "right" or "wrong"..."unfair" or "fair" opinions of others when we throw our hats in the ring. Theres not one team that won that I didn't think didn't "didn't deserve it'
I'm not saying that and I'm not sure the others are either. For every division I saw, the team that should have won did. It's all those other places down the line that made me scratch my head. I don't even agree with my own scores, thought our stunt difficulty score should have been higher and our performance scores lower. There were two deductions I would have given us, that they didn't. It is what it is. I thought our placement was dead on and we were very happy with it. Not trying to point fingers at any teams, all anyone can do is their best and then its up to the judges. I however don't always agree that the judges see what we do. I think they need to start judging more on what is done rather than what is being attempted. I think with a lot of the train wrecks they give them too much benefit of the doubt. Just my opinions after many many years of sitting and watching lots of divisions.

I must add that I really feel for the staff sitting at the deductions table where your pick up scoresheets. I saw those poor people get yelled at over and over when they had nothing to do with anything. There are quite a few coaches with appalling behavior that seem to think UCA owes them something bc of who they are or the team they coach. You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to sit at that table and do that job!

I must add that I really feel for the staff sitting at the deductions table where your pick up scoresheets. I saw those poor people get yelled at over and over when they had nothing to do with anything. there are quite a few coaches with appalling behavior that seem to think UCA owes them something bc of who they are or the team they coach. You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to sit at that table and do that job!
Wow.

Got home last night. As a whole, this was the coldest nationals ever! Some thoughts...

1. Eldo!! Wow!! Southwestern was awesome! East side middle was phenomenal. Love United HS and the crowd from Costa Rica!

2. Passed by Dunbar practicing on the tennis courts Sunday afternoon and overheard Saleem talking to the flyers about selling it. I just wanted to sit, watch, and take it all in, but didn't want to be a stalker!

3. Sunday night in arena south was MISERABLE!! They ran over 2 hours behind. Our kids stretched outside around 5:30 and we didn't take the floor for almost 4 more hours. The warmup room was the biggest train wreck I've ever seen. It was freezing. No heat in the tent, and the bottom of the tent was open by a few inches all the way around. We might as well have been sitting outside. Awards were supposed to be at 10:10, but we had them at 12:30 am. The guy announcing apologized for it being hot in there and I thought the people around me were going to tackle him.

4. The cafeteria food has never been great, but they changed it this year and I thought it was inedible. I spent a lot of money at the food trucks!!

5. I'm so glad to be home and out of that tiny all star sports room!!

6. I've never seen so many drops on the football field Friday. Normally teams are solid, but groups were dropping left and right. It was crazy.

7. Shocked to see teams that were train wrecks advance to the next round over teams that hit, especially when the difficulty was very similar.

8. Disappointed that true full ups didn't score any different than walking half ups. There was a lot of scoring that I just didn't understand in many divisions. The breakdown in my own division had me scratching my head over a lot of teams!
Yes yes yes yes yes .... Did I say yes?
Holy mother Jesus you just said it all! Varsity needs a to seriously take a look at what NOT to do next year! Sunday my girls where in the arena south for 12 hrs!!!! My god help me !
Scoring was baffling at times !
Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I have no room to talk, because we were NOT the smoothest sailing boat on the sea out there... I'm sorry, but we all subject ourselves to "right" or "wrong"..."unfair" or "fair" opinions of others when we throw our hats in the ring. Theres not one team that won that I didn't think didn't "didn't deserve it'
Yes.. Agreed however the scoring was odd for my girls ...
Example :
We scored a 3.2 on running tumbling with 5 rohs fulls in sync with 4 layouts with them as well
And 15 rohs

Standing we got 3.1 for 9 stand tucks and 10 HS. And 1 hand hand full.
Did I mention the team is 10-14 years old? So yeah I was a bit confused on wth they want for a 4.0 or 4.5 ... [emoji848]

Wow.. A whole lotta messy comments coming out of Twitter from a big name varsity jersey team.... Anyone know if one of the coaches are on here ?? [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] I think they need to see the tweets !

I'm not saying that and I'm not sure the others are either. For every division I saw, the team that should have won did. It's all those other places down the line that made me scratch my head. I don't even agree with my own scores, thought our stunt difficulty score should have been higher and our performance scores lower. There were two deductions I would have given us, that they didn't. It is what it is. I thought our placement was dead on and we were very happy with it. Not trying to point fingers at any teams, all anyone can do is their best and then its up to the judges. I however don't always agree that the judges see what we do. I think they need to start judging more on what is done rather than what is being attempted. I think with a lot of the train wrecks they give them too much benefit of the doubt. Just my opinions after many many years of sitting and watching lots of divisions.

I must add that I really feel for the staff sitting at the deductions table where your pick up scoresheets. I saw those poor people get yelled at over and over when they had nothing to do with anything. There are quite a few coaches with appalling behavior that seem to think UCA owes them something bc of who they are or the team they coach. You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to sit at that table and do that job!
no, I feel you. omg!!!! I noticed the poor deduction table staff people getting ravaged too!!!!! I saw one coach turn to a kid (wondered how they got to that area in the first place?!) and say "this is complete BULL (profanity)...JUDGES BE STRAIGHT (PROFANITY)...AND and they advanced?!?!caught them outside ripping their kids a new one and ripping the whole UCA system for giving them a deduction...when CLEARLY it was "a controlled bobble"

what I meant was, at the end of the day...God knows what these judges are thinking...I certainly have no clue... I'm just trying' my bestest...Congrats to those who somehow cracked the code this year....
:defeated:

what I meant was, at the end of the day...God knows what these judges are thinking...I certainly have no clue... I'm just trying' my bestest...Congrats to those who somehow cracked the code this year....
:defeated:
Yes. Agreed. Well said !

Just wanted to congratulate Helen Cox Cheer for Small Varsity - the turnaround they made in just ONE year was amazing. And of course, watching Live Oak do those high stretch full arounds made my brain explode - incredible! And so controlled, definitely deserved the win. :D

Last edited:
Just wanted to congratulate Helen Cox Cheer for Small Varsity - the turnaround they made in just ONE year was amazing. And of course, watching Live Oak do those high stretch full arounds made my brain explode - incredible! And so controlled, definitely deserved the win. :D

Thank you so much! It's been such an incredible journey and I am still in awe of our progress and success!

Wow.. A whole lotta messy comments coming out of Twitter from a big name varsity jersey team.... Anyone know if one of the coaches are on here ?? [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] I think they need to see the tweets !

Who is it? Hunterdon Central? North Hunterdon? Burlington Township? Anyone else?

To chime in- Live Oak's routine was so awesome! Great team and awesome coaches!
LOHS is one of the reasons I really wish LSU had an allgirl teams, so much all girl talent comes out of the HS level in Lousiana! Hoover HS also has great kids.

Back