All-Star Usa Cheer New Music Rules..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's going to be very interesting to see what happens with this on the school/AYF/Pop Warner side of things. There already is a great disparity in the "haves" and the "have nots". There are teams in all three that currently in my state have new uniforms all the time, professionally mixed music, and routines done by professional choreographers....and then there are those who don't. From a judges perspective (and from a parents perspective) it makes for a very uneven playing field. It is very difficult to win when you are up against teams that have the ability to do all of this. (And no, winning isn't everything, but at least being competitive is where most people want to be at a minimum.) This will be one more thing that sets teams apart. And who exactly is going to police it? Penalty judges have enough to worry about without now thinking about music. It will be interesting!

And who exactly is going to police it? Penalty judges have enough to worry about without now thinking about music. It will be interesting!

EP's will have gym owners and rec leagues sign off their music is in compliance. Gym owners and rec leagues will have the music producer sign off what they produced is in compliance and have them provide copies of the approved documentation for all songs used. As far as, who will police it? Opposing teams and fans will become the industry enforcers. EP's have no desire in policing music but, they do have to protect themselves from instances where video's get posted and there's a huge EP brand banner in the background.

So, I am left wondering - Is there a list of songs we can use and cant use ?
Sorry if it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Right now it looks like unleashthebeats.com is the cover song provider that is currently authorized.
Where do you see who and what is authorized?

Will varsity or USASF make announcements and state clearly what is expected. I'm assuming they will after world's and summit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is not interesting this is ignorant, along with the majority of comments in this thread.
Directing your rage at the cheerleading industry, at music mixers, or at USA Cheer will do nothing. If you would like to grab a lawyer and attempt to convince the powers-that-be in the music industry that their entire system should change simply because it might be a little more difficult to make a cheerleading mix, then by all means do so, but you would get nowhere.

Clarification please-

Is it "popular" music that is the problem? Or is it all music? So, we can't use Rihanna's "Work" but could we use old school Paula Abdul?

Clarification please-

Is it "popular" music that is the problem? Or is it all music? So, we can't use Rihanna's "Work" but could we use old school Paula Abdul?

Likely, no. The majority of music put out is copyrighted.
Essentially any music that someone has paid to own the rights to is out of the question, and my guess is that there isn't a record label out there that does not pay to copyright their music.

Right now it looks like unleashthebeats.com is the cover song provider that is currently authorized.

How many songs are usually in one mix? This site has 10 songs for $150 and then you'd either mix it yourself or pay someone to mix those songs (or the music producers would be buying songs in bulk and leaving you out of it.) Yes the prices are going to go up, but adding an additional $150 divided by the kids on your team isn't going to run anyone out of business. Using illegal music and getting sued by the music industry would run you out of business in lawyer fees alone.

So, what does this mean for high school teams who have a music guy ?

Also, what should we be telling our school administration who provides payment for music as far as PO's and invoicing ?

Latest posts

Back