All-Star Usa Cheer New Music Rules..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As I was watching the Stingrays worlds teams tonight (thanks Meg for periscope!) I thought about this thread when the two international teams went. If this is a USA rule, how will this effect teams from other countries coming to worlds? I assume that the rules don't apply in their country. Or do teams from other countries use American producers already? I'm not exactly up on my knowledge of international teams.
International teams (many not all) often source US everything including : technical training, choreographers, and producers. A few will use tracks from their preferred popular artists but still source everything or many things here. (Music and Choreo often a package deal)

If anyone needs help finding some Mozart music to use, hit me up. Or we can go full on Bring it on Again and bring out the gregorian chants. Complete with robes of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. I guess my idea of using news anchors' voices to make covers of songs won't work.
But like I said earlier, some hooked on classics/hooked on baroque style remixes would work. Especially since music from that era is public domain. And music from the Revolutionary War era.... Each idea I have is more terrible than the previous one.

Shooting stars next theme?!

Found this... "Copyright protection may be 50 to 70 years after the death of the last surviving author, 95 years from publication date, or other copyright protection term."

So technically we could all rock the music of the early 1900's.
And what sucks is we could have more stuff in the public domain but Disney lobbied Congress for years to change it so they wouldn't lose the exclusive rights to Mickey. Technically using him now should be public domain since Walt created Mickey many many years ago.

And the irony of it all is that Disney's foundation of classic animated films were all based on public domain stories and characters.

And what sucks is we could have more stuff in the public domain but Disney lobbied Congress for years to change it so they wouldn't lose the exclusive rights to Mickey. Technically using him now should be public domain since Walt created Mickey many many years ago.

And the irony of it all is that Disney's foundation of classic animated films were all based on public domain stories and characters.

I'm pretty sure Mickey Mouse is trademarked. So Mickey, and most of Disney's characters, will probably never fully enter the public domain.

Also Disney protected their creative interpetations of the public domain fairy tales, which they are more than allowed to do. Side note: you can't copyright a "story" either, as it is an idea. As in you can't copyright the plot. You could take the exact plot of a story, change the characters, setting, but keep the plot and you'dbe fine. Twilight and The Hunger Games and any romeo-and-juliet-esque are prime examples.

Nothing is original, everything is derived from something else. It's the original creative interpeation of that thing that you can copyright and own. This is the exact principle of copyrighting music. All songs use a tempo, use chord progressions and theirs only a certain number of keys you can create a song in. You can't copyright a tempo, chord progressions or keys. You can only copyright how you use all of those together.

Also Disney protected their creative interpetations of the public domain fairy tales, which they are more than allowed to do. Side note: you can't copyright a "story" either, as it is an idea. As in you can't copyright the plot. You could take the exact plot of a story, change the characters, setting, but keep the plot and you'dbe fine. Twilight and The Hunger Games and any romeo-and-juliet-esque are prime examples.

Totally for their versions of the Fairy Tales, I was meaning how they came up with their biggest & most beloved pieces have all been borrowed, but they won't let anyone borrow inspiration from them. My favorite borrowing of theirs was when I was educated enough to realize that Lion King was just Hamlet for kids.

Here's a big write up I found on it: How Mickey Mouse Evades the Public Domain
Key info comes after this headline: How Mickey Has Evaded Copyright Law

Totally for their versions of the Fairy Tales, I was meaning how they came up with their biggest & most beloved pieces have all been borrowed, but they won't let anyone borrow inspiration from them. My favorite borrowing of theirs was when I was educated enough to realize that Lion King was just Hamlet for kids.

Here's a big write up I found on it: How Mickey Mouse Evades the Public Domain
Key info comes after this headline: How Mickey Has Evaded Copyright Law

You can use their creations as inspiration though. You can't just flat out copy them. But I agree with you, it's kind of hypacritical to "own" a creative interpretation.

I know I posted this earlier in this thread, but if you have an hour to kill, this podcast is SOOOOO interesting. It's all about copyright and basically argues in favor of your point.
What Is Original? : TED Radio Hour : NPR

I'm actually looking forward to the "New Music" thread for the next few years. Gifted choreographers see the dance when they hear the music, and gifted musicians hear their own music when they see your routines. I have no doubt there is already some original music out there with cheer in mind but, when it isn't forced, people go with what is safe and popular. Cheer has been thrown out of the proverbial box and someone is bound to astound us, hopefully sooner than later.

Nothing is original, everything is derived from something else. It's the original creative interpeation of that thing that you can copyright and own. This is the exact principle of copyrighting music. All songs use a tempo, use chord progressions and theirs only a certain number of keys you can create a song in. You can't copyright a tempo, chord progressions or keys. You can only copyright how you use all of those together.
This. I went to art school for college. Imagine my frustration when the projects of the girl sitting next to me all started to look very familiar. Then imagine my shock when my professor said there is no such thing as plagiarizing and copying work is fine. Nothing is original, everything comes from and is inspired by something else. Went against everything I had ever been taught and being the one being copied was maddening. I just politely tried to sit elsewhere the rest of the semester.

This. I went to art school for college. Imagine my frustration when the projects of the girl sitting next to me all started to look very familiar. Then imagine my shock when my professor said there is no such thing as plagiarizing and copying work is fine. Nothing is original, everything comes from and is inspired by something else. Went against everything I had ever been taught and being the one being copied was maddening. I just politely tried to sit elsewhere the rest of the semester.

I totally feel you. Classmates copying work is probably THE most infuriating thing about art classes. It's super infuriating. For the most part, I did my projects outside of my classes because of that reason. But usually I could see the professors caching on to what was happening. So atleast that made me feel an ounce better? Besides, my ideas were better executed anyways :p

Copying others in art class is such a disservice to yourself though. School is the best place to take creative risks and not be ridiculed for it. You learn nothing if all you do is copy. Plus, you put things in your designs for specific reasons and when someone copies it, it's like it loses it's meaning.

Was your professor Shia LaBeouf?

@CheerItFullOut Well... the button is there, might as well use it! LOL!

Back