All-Star Usa Cheer New Music Rules..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree... I always wondered, aren't people getting mad for their music getting all mashed up?!
I had a conversation with one of my media law professors about this in college. He's very well respected, has taught adjunct in the journalism and law schools at South Carolina for 30 years while practicing law. He's the primary attorney for the South Carolina Press Association. Even HE couldn't see how cheer music was legal as it stood. (This was probably 2011)

I've also wondered how artists and record labels didn't care that people were taking their music, remixing it, and selling it for a personal profit. I guess it was a drop in the bucket for a long time, and now as cheer grows and becomes a bigger spectator sport the industry began to notice.

I also think this is the reason why UCA and NCA camp dance mixes have been those funky covers/remixes for so long.

I had a conversation with one of my media law professors about this in college. He's very well respected, has taught adjunct in the journalism and law schools at South Carolina for 30 years while practicing law. He's the primary attorney for the South Carolina Press Association. Even HE couldn't see how cheer music was legal as it stood. (This was probably 2011)

I've also wondered how artists and record labels didn't care that people were taking their music, remixing it, and selling it for a personal profit. I guess it was a drop in the bucket for a long time, and now as cheer grows and becomes a bigger spectator sport the industry began to notice.

I also think this is the reason why UCA and NCA camp dance mixes have been those funky covers/remixes for so long.
I know a lot of people are upset... But I "get it"... A company has to protect itself , and its customers. I think it's gotten to THAT point where we are just THERE now. :/

It might not raise prices that much for the top producers who are already heavily customed, but for a lot of gyms, only the worlds team pay JR prices for music. It's definiely going to raise the floor on music prices as cheaper producers have to either starting paying licenses or pay for a ton of custom voiceovers/singing.

Shoot, someone would start their own company selling covers of popular songs to music producers.
True. But I feel like those well known producers can probably raise their prices as everyone else does, so keep their product at the "high end".

I have a question. Isn't allstar primarily run by USASF, not USA Cheer? For example, people don't really get credentialed through USA Cheer, they get it through USASF, and that's where all of the official things happen. So does USA Cheer also play a part in USASF/own it or something similar?

It might not raise prices that much for the top producers who are already heavily customed, but for a lot of gyms, only the worlds team pay JR prices for music. It's definiely going to raise the floor on music prices as cheaper producers have to either starting paying licenses or pay for a ton of custom voiceovers/singing.

Shoot, someone would start their own company selling covers of popular songs to music producers.
"Cheer Bop"

I mean... I feel like everyone is all freaking out and I'm over here like...
21b50ch.jpg

:)

Like I said, one door may have closed, but 3 doors and a window just flew WIDE open and it's time for the industry to run through it.
Agreed. And there are so many undiscovered (and starving) artists out there. I'm sure for short money and a promise of a lot of advertising via social media they would give permission to use their music. If I remember correctly my CP's team had a local girl's song as their dance music several years ago. There was a small recording studio adjacent to the gym and the coach heard her singing through the wall and asked if she could use the song. The girl was more than happy to agree. Cheer music isn't dead - people just have to be a bit more creative to use it legally.

Back