All-Star Weight Loss!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How good are those workouts in an apartment building? I've tried to do some of the P90/insanity workouts, but I can't be jumping around with neighbors below me.

Also, for reference, I'm one of those skinny but not in shape girls. I've lost most of my muscle since I've been out of the gym for most of the summer, so I'm "squishier" in my legs and hips than lots of girls who weigh a lot more than me.
When she was on bodyrock, or if you look at that new girl who is (I stopped watching, became way too much about the girl's body and NOT in a good way), it was super-cardio-y. There are some exercises that hop, but I try to do those ones at times when I know my downstairs neighbors aren't home, or I modify it, or hop lightly lol. Sometimes I feel like controlling my hop is just as important as jumping as high as I can..

Blogilates on youtube is a great channel. She does song challenges and if you're like me and get bored easily, it definitely makes workouts go faster!

I think the OP is setting an unrealistic goal....particularly for a teenager. I don't advocate diets for teenagers. Personal opinion, though.

I don't think it's ever been verified that she is a teenager. nor have we found out her height to make proportional conclusions about her weight.

This thread is promoting healthy workouts, foods/diet regimens and ways to find and monitor our health, which is something that everyone should do to a certain extent. I see no real harm. If she eats healthy and exercises the right way and the right areas, she'll remain healthy and maybe she a few pounds. Will she meet her goal? Maybe, but if not, she'll still feel better about the shape she's in. Everyone on this planet could overuse and abuse all of this advice, or any other advice on the internet. That shouldn't mean it's not right to be posted in general.

I'm just going to not open this thread anymore.....I don't agree with it and I don't think it's an appropriate discussion. I would never let my girl talk about all this stuff. So I'm out---you all have fun :)

I think the OP is setting an unrealistic goal....particularly for a teenager. I don't advocate diets for teenagers. Personal opinion, though.
Exactly why I think this is helpful. No one here is telling her that she needs to diet. I think that it's great that they are telling all the ways you can stay healthy without necessarily dieting such as eating right and exercising. I'd rather have her hear what this thread has put out so far rather than what one might hear from friends or Google lol. Just my take on things :D

There's a difference between a diet geared towards losing weight, which usually involves keeping yourself hungry, and eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, which is what a lot of people here are advocating. Cutting the crap out is not "dieting."

We've all made it clear that her goal is not realistic, or probably healthy, but it has turned into a valuable discussion, even if it's no longer about advice for the OP.

Ok just to let people know I am 5'3" and am a teenager. I have a lot of muscle so I understand that I may not be able to get under 100 lbs but I was just looking for a way to get rid of some of the extra fat I have. For anyone who is worried I am not doing any kind of crazy diet I'm just looking for ways to look and feel healthier. All of the workout tips are helpful so I can build muscle and make tumbling and stunting easier. Thank you all for the help :)

Back