High School What Are Your School Colors?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of the catholic high schools in my town uses brown, Columbia blue, and white as their colors... But a few of my friends who went to school there also have a lot of brown and gold tshirts. I don't think I've seen anyone mention the same color scheme in this thread. It's... unique.

One of the catholic high schools in my town uses brown, Columbia blue, and white as their colors... But a few of my friends who went to school there also have a lot of brown and gold tshirts. I don't think I've seen anyone mention the same color scheme in this thread. It's... unique.
I love brown, Columbia blue and white together. Gold and brown are only acceptable to me if it's metallic gold.

Last edited:
I'm from what I consider a fairly small town and I guess that's why I'm so surprised that all of these elementary and middle schools have different colors/mascots. We have 4 elementary schools, 1 middle school, 1 junior high, and 1 high school. All purple and gold with mascot as Bulldogs. Changing colors and mascots every few years when you enter a new school in the same town is so weird to me.

We have 17 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, and 4 high schools in my town's public school district (plus a preschool and a middle/high school for BD students). I can only assume that whoever deals with mascots and colors in our district wishes we all used the same thing. I would have run out of ideas forever ago.

I love brown, Columbia blue and white together. Gold and brown is only acceptable to me if it's metallic gold.

I like the blue/brown but every tshirt I've ever seen was that golden yellow/mustard color. I think the football players may wear metallic gold helmets though.

We have 17 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, and 4 high schools in my town's public school district (plus a preschool and a middle/high school for BD students). I can only assume that whoever deals with mascots and colors in our district wishes we all used the same thing. I would have run out of ideas forever ago.
Wow!

Do your schools not work on a direct feeder system? If you go to elementary A B or C, you go to middle school D and high school E. If lower schools feed into different high schools I can see why you'd need ways to distinguish them, but it seems like things could be so much simpler if they were the same.

Our numbers are similar to that so we have a ton of mascots too. Our high schools are Bruins, kewpies (yes naked baby dolls) and Spartans. I couldn't tell you all the middle schools or elementaries. There are no elementary school sports though so we don't even really need mascots.

Do your schools not work on a direct feeder system? If you go to elementary A B or C, you go to middle school D and high school E. If lower schools feed into different high schools I can see why you'd need ways to distinguish them, but it seems like things could be so much simpler if they were the same.

I believe they do have a feeder system... When I was in high school the district was separated into "houses" by what high school each area fed into... So my area was the "blue house" because they were named by the HS colors. But, we've added a lot of schools relatively recently and I think the district is still growing so the boundaries change a lot. When I moved here 15 years ago, we had 5 elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school.

In my county there is a system based on where you live, but most middle schools and all public high schools have different I guess you can call them "specialty" programs (my high school was biotech science, and there was IB, Cambridge Program, Arts, IT, etc at other high schools) and you could pick whatever high school (and some middle schools) that you wanted to go to and do that program. Most kids ended up going to their base high school, but many transferred to a different school. I passed three other high schools on my way to school every day, but it was worth it for me.

I'll go ahead and add my mascots, too. It's fun seeing everyone's.

Elementary School: maroon, gray, and white- Roadrunners
Middle School: maroon, gold, and white- Sabres
High School: blue, gold, and white- Yellow Jackets
College: blue, gold, and white- Mountaineers
Grad School: blue, buff, and white- Colonials

A team in our conference has brown, white and gold as their colors. I have yet to see a team's jersey/uniform from that school that makes those colors look good. Not a fan at all.

Didn't really know where to post this but, on the news last night they were talking about how the University of South Florida has purple homecoming tshirts this year for students to wear for the game and ect, even though USF's colors are green, gold and white. Well this weekend for the homecoming game, they play East Carolina. I'm sure @krystynakrez knows how this is an issue...

A team in our conference has brown, white and gold as their colors. I have yet to see a team's jersey/uniform from that school that makes those colors look good. Not a fan at all.
There is a team here with those colors, and I am actually always impressed that their cheer uniforms look surprisingly not terrible!

Back