All-Star What Do You Think About Before You Tumble? During Your Tumble Pass?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is/was physically impossible for me to think during backhandsprings. Like something in my brain completely shuts off. I could think during other tumbling and what have you, but the moment I swung my arms back and sat, thinking stops lol.

i think about absolutely nothing. i just step step reach and then only think about what i'm doing the split second before i do it. or i think about what i have to do to accomplish each skill before i go then stop thinking go and right before each element is when the thought of what i'm doing comes into play. and even then it's not necessarily thinking so much as a hightened awareness for that split second.
if i'm thinking too much before hand i probably won't throw or as i take my approach, i probably won't throw.
it's muscle memory if you have it it's gonna happen just tell your body to do it and go.

Depends if its during a full out or a competition its usually something like " Omg I cant do this I cant do this I cant do this Im going to die and then WRAP FOR YOUR LIFE!!!"

If Im just tumbling I think " Up wait twist push push extend and WRAP FOR YOU LIFE!"

i don't think, period. unless i'm doubling, and i have to remind myself to look over my shoulder to get the extra half.

i had a full for a few years, and someone asked me how to explain the concept of it, and i lost it for like 2 years because i kept trying to think about how to do it while i was actually doing it. and my body just wouldn't do it anymore.

before i tumble i just thing fast, powerful, tight, twist hard. but that's it.

i would sing angry songs to myself, "ignorance is your new best friend ignorance is your new best friend" then *GOOOOOOO!!!! or i say in my head "you gotta believe" then chunk it and hope it works

I just don't think really haha. Other than "block" or "pull up" in my fulls when I'm working on them! But tumbling stresses me out so I just try not to think about it and just do it!

If you think about tumbling it's freakin' terrifying.

"Okay...I'm going to lunge myself head first into the ground and hope that my arms will be enough to spring my entire body weight back up. Then I'm gonna throw myself over backwards onto my hands, again hoping that my body is something like a spring and will get me to my feet. Then from there, I'm going to jump high enough to flip my body completely over my hips while spinning in circles. 5, 6, 7 8..."

If you think about tumbling it's freakin' terrifying.

"Okay...I'm going to lunge myself head first into the ground and hope that my arms will be enough to spring my entire body weight back up. Then I'm gonna throw myself over backwards onto my hands, again hoping that my body is something like a spring and will get me to my feet. Then from there, I'm going to jump high enough to flip my body completely over my hips while spinning in circles. 5, 6, 7 8..."

that is the best thing i've ever read in my life. most accurate description ever.

One of the girls on my team has had this block she can throw layouts all day and full with someone standing there her full is beautiful the person walks away she does a layout.. one of the coaches said to not stand in the corner and think about whatever you have to think about and just walk around to the corner and begin running into your pass without stopping it worked the first time she threw the full with nobody standing there :)

i can't think at all.
before i go i completely focus on breathing and then just hope for the best
like seriously, sometimes i try and i just can't do it! jsut like F!ERCE said, its terrifying to think about
not thinking works well in a routine because you just have to push.. but when trying to fix something it makes it so hard! because i don't know how to think!

no matter whether it is during the routine or at tumbling classes, i sing in my head while i tumble a song that pumps me up. i dont think. the one time i tried to think.....well it just didnt end well. i also tumble with my eyes closed. no idea why but no matter how hard i try i cant open them while i tumble

Before I go I think breath and while I am going I dont think I think at all and when I land I think Hit The Crowd!!

When I'm tumbling on the floor, if I think RO, BHS, Layout, I won't throw it. It just messes me up. When I'm tumbling I don't think at all, I use muscle memory. But before I go I tell everything in my body what to do. Like squeeze, set, lift, pull. But one I step it's just like my brain doesn't work and nothing else is going on. :)

Back