What Do You Think Of The New Nca Nationals Jacket?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Like the backdrop in the arena, the lack of announced scores, and the addition of advertising in the arena, the new jackets are a let down. A huge let down. That design looks a lot like the varsity style cheap jackets that other brands started giving out this year, only in black. The yellow/gold is awful.
I hope next year they go back to the digital screen backdrop in the arena, announcing scores immediately and the style of last years jacket. This was the worst NCA in my memory and not just because of the odd scoring. Because it didn't have the flair, flavor and prestige that prior years have.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Like the backdrop in the arena, the lack of announced scores, and the addition of advertising in the arena, the new jackets are a let down. A huge let down. That design looks a lot like the varsity style cheap jackets that other brands started giving out this year, only in black. The yellow/gold is awful.
I hope next year they go back to the digital screen backdrop in the arena, announcing scores immediately and the style of last years jacket. This was the worst NCA in my memory and not just because of the odd scoring. Because it didn't have the flair, flavor and prestige that prior years have.

I agree with you 100%. If it wasn't broke why fix it? Why? The jacket logo was an iconic image, recognizable and desired. The new design looks cheap and "the work is worth it" didn't belong on the jacket. I never thought I would say that the NCA experience was a let down, but it was this year. The backdrop was too dark and lighting didn't have that crisp white feel. As a result all the photos are just terrible. The sponsor logos up on the side screens instead of the team performing was obnoxious and the scores not being announced during Day 1 were all big misses IMO. I would hope that the powers that be reconsider and go back and embrace the traditions that set them apart from every other brand.

I like the new design and I don't at the same time. I like that they added "the work is worth it" but its something about the colors that seems off to me. In the end, as long as you have one that it doesn't matter. I like my older one better though, the new one will stay in the closet until next year at NCA.

The arms on the new one also look different.
Are the "leather" arms different than the old ones'?

The arms on the new one also look different.
Are the "leather" arms different than the old ones'?
Yes the old ones were like true leather, these are something different. Like really thin compared to the old one!

And the FBA goes to.....

The 2013 design

Hate it - the old one was classic and instantly recognizable. The new design was almost a consolation to not winning this year. Many of the girls said "oh well, the jacket is ugly anyway" while of course wishing they had won one. Hope they go back to the old design next year. Anyone know the reason behind the change?
This is exactly what my team said because I feel like when we saw the jacket we were disappointed! We thought if we won we would be getting the original design, but no! Either way we didn't win, but if we would have won I would have preferred the old design!

sorry for the double post!

Back