All-Star What Is The Best Cheer Advice Someone Has Given You?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The 24 hour rule for parents. If something happens at a practice with your child that you or your child are upset about, wait 24 hours before approaching the coach to discuss it. It give you time to clear your head, vent in the parent's forum, gain some well needed perspective and talk about it without being emotional and irrational.

The 24 hour rule for parents. If something happens at a practice with your child that you or your child are upset about, wait 24 hours before approaching the coach to discuss it. It give you time to clear your head, vent in the parent's forum, gain some well needed perspective and talk about it without being emotional and irrational.
love this rule! when i first read it i thought of the complete opposite though. i was given the advice by coaches about a different 24 hour rule! if you drop a stunt at comp, dont get first, have a bad practice etc, vent, cry, complain, mope but after 24 hours of it happening, it doesnt get mentioned again. i like both of the rules :)

This is one of the most useful pieces of advice I've gotten for life in general... Anytime I'm upset and its not an emergency or safety issue, I wait a day or so before I say or do anything. In that time I always either realize I'm all worked up about nothing, or I find a much more tactful way to express how I feel.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

After practice during conditioning we got a great speech yesterday. And I truly think I will remember it forever.
"A positive attitude goes a long way. You guys need to attack practices, because that's where competitions are truly won. Every team that wants to beat you is working their butts off and automatically succeed the minute you ever give up. This team needs to become your life, and should have a factor in your homework, the food you eat, it can't just be a three day a week thing. We're never going to give up on you, and we expect the same from you."

I didn't get the advice but I use to tell my flyer (who had a hard time staying tight enough) to pretend that she's around the boy she likes, but has gas, so she has to be stiff and tight.

I just laughed out loud... I'll definitely be sharing this with the coaches of the older teams at my gym. Perfect.

2 rules for everything:

1. keep it sexy
2. don't suck (this may be challenged if sucking keeps it sexy but that is always debatable)

2 rules for everything:

1. keep it sexy
2. don't suck (this may be challenged if sucking keeps it sexy but that is always debatable)

I can hardly wait til cp gets home from school so I can give her this great advice!

She's 11. :confused:

This is a cheerleading forum. The majority of the people here are either minors, parents of minors or coaches of minors. Not sure this is remotely appropriate.

I can hardly wait til cp gets home from school so I can give her this great advice!

She's 11. :confused:

This is a cheerleading forum. The majority of the people here are either minors, parents of minors or coaches of minors. Not sure this is remotely appropriate.

The advice was more tongue in cheek as silly advice you would give to those who had ears appropriate for it. Sexy meaning look good, not look overtly sexual.....

Back