All-Star What's The Freakin' Problem? And, Where Does It Freakin' Extend.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, if the world will explode and thousands of puppies will be kicked, kittens thrown in a river, and millions of children will be without lollipops without SOME word in the middle of California (which clearly isn't that big of a deal for the rest of the state, seeing has they've got on for who knows how many years without it, quite frankly)..any other word that isn't a cuss word or 'freakin' should probably be just fine. Substitute as necessary, and be creative. Bon chance, and Godspeed. :)
:p

bellaaa said:
Is it just because of the older crowd at competitions? I'm sorry, but it's 2011, soon to be 2012. Not 1991. It is just a word. People won't watch a Cali-team and suddenly go crazy because of a "freakin" in their music. Maybe cause' of excitement though.
How will it be in ten years? "oooh, i'm so sorry but you can't say Lady Bullets in your music cause the older crowd will refer to Lady Freakin Bullets and that is inappropriate."

1991? Yea we said freakin back then too. 1951 might've been a better choice there lol. I ain't old!!

People act like Cali was built on this stupid voice over... Are most of the upset people so new to the sport (or am I just so old) that you don't remember the voice over has only existed for a few years? It's not like the word is a foundation of their program or something

People act like Cali was built on this stupid voice over... Are most of the upset people so new to the sport (or am I just so old) that you don't remember the voice over has only existed for a few years? It's not like the word is a foundation of their program or something

Wait you are telling me Cali was around before 2008 :eek:

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or be horrendously offended that you consider 1991 OLD. I'm going to start with offended and work from there..

Haha I'm sorry! I meant that cheerleading has developed A LOT in ten years, and who knows what it will be like in ten more years?
But yes, maybe you should feel offended by the old-thing, I wasn't even born 1991 :D

Haha I'm sorry! I meant that cheerleading has developed A LOT in ten years, and who knows what it will be like in ten more years?
But yes, maybe you should feel offended by the old-thing, I wasn't even born 1991 :D

Here's my next concern... you just said 1991 was 10 years ago.
(Since no one gets sarcasm over the internet, I'm kidding here, I realize you just worded it wrong)

I guess I don't understand why people shouldn't care that they took those lyrics out. It's what the fans like and means a lot to them. The reason that so many fans who don't even cheer show up at these events is they want to see Cali-freakin-fornia, cheer athletics claw the air, CEA x someone out, and a Let's go Rays butt slap.

All-star cheerleading is the pinnacle of all cheerleading to most fans. College cheerleading only gets excitement for about the week before the event. For the iCU no one goes to watch except the competitors. But for all-star people make vacations to go watch worlds.... And not just to see double fulls and one and a half up stunts. They're there to enjoy the entire experience that is all star. You don't have to agree with the reasons people are so attached but I think it's a little silly to be surprised by everyone's reaction.

i dont think CALI -Freakin-FORNIA is appropriate...... its obviouse what its supposed to say ....i think the people on the CA gym are creative enough to come up with something better than that .....something that is so creative and clean that no one will have room to say anything about it.... ..... i know top gun had a section of music that i didnt agree with either..... i mena i like the song for personal use but to have it in your cheer routine " JEalous **sound effect**.. Jealous **SOund effect**.... Dont hate me... dont hate me ... this is a trina song and it actually says jealous b!t(he$ Jelous B!t"(he$ dont hate me dont hate me....... Its the same concept... you have to assume everyone is going to assume the obvious about your music choices...thats why you need to be more creative......

i dont think CALI -Freakin-FORNIA is appropriate...... its obviouse what its supposed to say ....i think the people on the CA gym are creative enough to come up with something better than that .....something that is so creative and clean that no one will have room to say anything about it.... ..... i know top gun had a section of music that i didnt agree with either..... i mena i like the song for personal use but to have it in your cheer routine " JEalous **sound effect**.. Jealous **SOund effect**.... Dont hate me... dont hate me ... this is a trina song and it actually says jealous b!t(he$ Jelous B!t"(he$ dont hate me dont hate me....... Its the same concept... you have to assume everyone is going to assume the obvious about your music choices...thats why you need to be more creative......

Very true however the "B" word is a curse word and "Freakin" is not. It's also quite funny that "Who run's this mutha" in Beyonce's song is being referenced as what not to use when cheerleading squads have been dancing to MC Hammer "Turn this mutha out" since the early 90's and East Celebrity Elite did last year. Now all of a sudden "Freakin" and "Mutha" are curse words? Whatever it is what it is. I'd rather complain about the crowds during the remainder of holiday shopping. Happy Holidays everyone!

I guess I don't understand why people shouldn't care that they took those lyrics out. It's what the fans like and means a lot to them. The reason that so many fans who don't even cheer show up at these events is they want to see Cali-freakin-fornia, cheer athletics claw the air, CEA x someone out, and a Let's go Rays butt slap.

All-star cheerleading is the pinnacle of all cheerleading to most fans. College cheerleading only gets excitement for about the week before the event. For the iCU no one goes to watch except the competitors. But for all-star people make vacations to go watch worlds.... And not just to see double fulls and one and a half up stunts. They're there to enjoy the entire experience that is all star. You don't have to agree with the reasons people are so attached but I think it's a little silly to be surprised by everyone's reaction.

Rays do a butt slap? (wait. . .am I allowed to say "butt"? Gosh darn it, that's twice now)

Very true however the "B" word is a curse word and "Freakin" is not. It's also quite funny that "Who run's this mutha" in Beyonce's song is being referenced as what not to use when cheerleading squads have been dancing to MC Hammer "Turn this mutha out" since the early 90's and East Celebrity Elite did last year. Now all of a sudden "Freakin" and "Mutha" are curse words? Whatever it is what it is. I'd rather complain about the crowds during the remainder of holiday shopping. Happy Holidays everyone!
it doesnt matter how you try to disguise it or cover it up or what excuse you made for doing it.... the truth is it all means the same thing.... why else you use the word "mutha" unless your actually talkin about your mother.... i know when Beyonce's song comes i on i actually say the F word even though she doesnt because i know thats what she really means.....same for cheer music it doesnt matter how you try to justify using a curse word/ or a form of it... in cheer music IT SHOULDNT BE DONE..... no matter what gym you come from i tihnk coaches and people who do these mixes can be more creative in regards to using clean catchy yet motivating music

Back