All-Star What's The Freakin' Problem? And, Where Does It Freakin' Extend.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ztaprincess said:
NCA is not on ESPN they show their comps on FSN. Justin posted that NCA has had no problem with the voiceover so could it be that Cali wanted it out incase NCA did have an issue? If so maybe they should have called and asked first?

I was actually wondering if teams could e-mail Justin to see if a certain song was too risky or not.

Yes, you can send us music. And guys, theres a bigger picture here to think about. Life will go on without that CA VoiceOver. If this many people wondered about its appropriateness, then it was in their best interest to take it out. There are kids listening to cheer music, for freakin' sake.

Yes, you can send us music. And guys, theres a bigger picture here to think about. Life will go on without that CA VoiceOver. If this many people wondered about its appropriateness, then it was in their best interest to take it out. There are kids listening to cheer music, for freakin' sake.

Thanks for answering. I don't see the big deal about the voiceover either, clearly the gym didn't want to offend people so they took it out. Next time a gym thinks something in their music in innappropriate maybe they should send it in to be checked before having it changed.

Honestly, if the world will explode and thousands of puppies will be kicked, kittens thrown in a river, and millions of children will be without lollipops without SOME word in the middle of California (which clearly isn't that big of a deal for the rest of the state, seeing has they've got on for who knows how many years without it, quite frankly)..any other word that isn't a cuss word or 'freakin' should probably be just fine. Substitute as necessary, and be creative. Bon chance, and Godspeed. :)

ASCheerMan said:
I just spoke with Tannaz on the phone. Nobody from Varsity called her. Their coaches read my Appropriate Choreography email and were being proactive.

Then I apologize and I guess I'll never believe Kyle again!

:)

Then I apologize and I guess I'll never believe Kyle again!

:)

Just want everyone to know that I'm completely kidding here. I believe Kyle posted what he was told. There was likely a miscommunication somewhere, but I don't blame Kyle at all.

hehehe!

How are you gonna take the FREAKIN' out of CALI FREAKIN' FORNIA? Thats like taking the STING out of STINGRAYS, the GUN out of TOP GUN, the EXTREME out of CHEER EXTREME, the WORLD out of WORLD CUP, the CHEER out of CHEER ATHLETICS, the SPIRIT out of SPIRIT OF TEXAS, the MAGIC out of PACIFIC COAST MAGIC, the CELEBRITY out of EAST CELEBRITY ELITE, the GYM out of GYMTYME, the FORCE out of CHEERFORCE...

--What are these people thinking?

How are you gonna take the FREAKIN' out of CALI FREAKIN' FORNIA? Thats like taking the STING out of STINGRAYS, the GUN out of TOP GUN, the EXTREME out of CHEER EXTREME, the WORLD out of WORLD CUP, the CHEER out of CHEER ATHLETICS, the SPIRIT out of SPIRIT OF TEXAS, the MAGIC out of PACIFIC COAST MAGIC, the CELEBRITY out of EAST CELEBRITY ELITE, the GYM out of GYMTYME, the FORCE out of CHEERFORCE...

--What are these people thinking?

I agree that they shouldn't have taken it out, however they're still called Cali Allstars which is their actual name, so I think you're being a little exagurative here...;)

Is it just because of the older crowd at competitions? I'm sorry, but it's 2011, soon to be 2012. Not 1991. It is just a word. People won't watch a Cali-team and suddenly go crazy because of a "freakin" in their music. Maybe cause' of excitement though.
How will it be in ten years? "oooh, i'm so sorry but you can't say Lady Bullets in your music cause the older crowd will refer to Lady Freakin Bullets and that is inappropriate."

Is it just because of the older crowd at competitions? I'm sorry, but it's 2011, soon to be 2012. Not 1991. It is just a word. People won't watch a Cali-team and suddenly go crazy because of a "freakin" in their music. Maybe cause' of excitement though.
How will it be in ten years? "oooh, i'm so sorry but you can't say Lady Bullets in your music cause the older crowd will refer to Lady Freakin Bullets and that is inappropriate."
I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or be horrendously offended that you consider 1991 OLD. I'm going to start with offended and work from there..

Back