All-Star Who do you consider the ORIGINAL "CHEERLEBRITIES"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maddie is all those things and more. She's had a great upbringing and seems to not take the whole thing for granted.

A story......many many years ago when my 11 year old was about 6 we were sitting upstairs during Sr Elite practice and she was just walking around socializing like she does with all the mama's and she stops to talk to SG. (Maddie's Mom) They're talking and my little "Brags" that she has learned to do a robhstuck. Now, to a parent on Sr Elite you might think Oh that's not a big deal but SG listened to little bit and made such a big deal over the tuck like it was the best thing she'd heard all day. After that she would always ask Rea about her tumbling and what she was working on now and she passed some sports bra's down to Rea (among other cool things) and really just made my little one feel like a million bucks. She didn't have to do that. She didn't know us at all but that's just the kind of person she is. I tell many people this and it's true........SG is 1 of the most genuine people I have ever met and when she talks to you she makes you feel like you were the most important person she talked to all day. That is a gift. (NG isn't bad either. Way back in the day little was doing a Tiny stunt group competition at this little bitty high school in the middle of BFE. They dropped her and her tooth went through her bottom lip and she started to bleed all over the place. While we're cleaning her up and getting some ice from concession he comes over to look at it and make sure she's ok and tell me what to do for it. It really wasn't that serious but I appreciated the gesture more then I could say)

Moral of the story......the G's are good people and it doesn't surprise me that BOTH their daughters have grown up to be good people too.

Im gonna go with Kyle Blitch
A: (correct me if Im wrong) He was the infamous last pass on TG in the 05 season, that was the first season I started to look at comp cheer and I personally thought that that pass was the greatest thing ever..
B: He was the first guy I ever saw fly in a basket and when I saw that I offically fell in love with this sport

But then again you can't go wrong with Bucky, and Tye lol

Nicole Alvarez & Sheena Hill - Top Gun All Stars & Legend Lady Jags
Lauren "Flea" Hough & Taylor Hall & Season Daughtry - Maryland Twisters F5
Meagan Murry & Blair Teeter (Early Years) Crystal Ying & Ashley Toppins, - World Cup Shooting Stars
Julie Dunn - Gymtyme
Denise Gray - Cheers! Inc
Brittany "Speedy" Seagers, Brooke Dallafior & Matt Parkey - Cheer Athletics

These are what I call "Original" cheerlebrities

Whoever

Nicole Alvarez & Sheena Hill - Top Gun All Stars & Legend Lady Jags
Lauren "Flea" Hough & Taylor Hall & Season Daughtry - Maryland Twisters F5
Meagan Murry & Blair Teeter (Early Years) Crystal Ying & Ashley Toppins, - World Cup Shooting Stars
Julie Dunn - Gymtyme
Denise Gray - Cheers! Inc
Brittany "Speedy" Seagers, Brooke Dallafior & Matt Parkey - Cheer Athletics

These are what I call "Original" cheerlebrities

OMG whoever wrote this list is old school like me! Perfect.

I know when I started into all star, I was OBSESSED with Fame. And my idol was Terrari Smith. I believe he was the first to be recorded for ProX. I remember watching his video hundreds of times a day. I thought he was God. And when I got to sit in the front to watch him do an individual (on hard floor which I thought was a huge deal) at Reach the Beach in 06, I almost passed out.

UGH! The video won't post here, so I'll post the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFg0yAYMKk

The biggest cheerlebrities in my cheer days were Matt McGrath, April Weaver, and Michael May (who I ended up marrying). In no particular order. ;) The next generation I'd say would've been Flea, Ty, Bucky, and Santwon in my book. Before all of them,... James, Misty, Brad and Angela. Before I cheered on their teams I was intimidated by their celebrity status! haha.

As soon as I saw these names, I had to post this video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp0RVOLqA-I&feature=related

As soon as I saw these names, I had to post this video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp0RVOLqA-I&feature=related

AH I remember watching this video probably a kabillion times! Just read through the entire thread and all of my "cheerlebs" have been said already...It's interesting to see the different reasons why someone may be called a cheerlebrity-most titles under their belt, tumbling, stunting, making cheer history etc. Does anyone have ONE person who is like the ideal cheerlebrity? Personally, I think it's sort of impossible especially with the comparison between coaches/athletes/corporation presidents.

OMG whoever wrote this list is old school like me! Perfect.

Why thank you lmao! After all the post did say "ORIGINAL CHEERLIBERITIES" yet most of the posts have mentioned no one PRE-Worlds which is barely 8 years old. It's like mentioning Beyonce (whom I love to death) as if Diana Ross wasn't the reigning queen well before she was born. Come guys know your Cheer History! lol

Sandye Teague, Reggie Ingram, Abel Rosa, Billy Dunlap, Brad Reiter, Jamie King, Adrienne Anderson. Coaches from the legendary Wilmington Allstars back in the day!

Just to share another Maddie story...
My cp loves 2 things in cheer Stingray Allstars (she has threatened to run away and live in their resi pit on more then one occasion) and Maddie Gardner from SE. Whenever we go to a comp and she watches other teams she'll remark.."I bet Maddie Gardner can do that!" or "That's cool but did you know what Maddie did at Worlds this year?" I even joked she needed a bracelet that said "WWMGD?" When Maddie was on the cover of IC she sent an autographed copy to my cp. You would have thought Hannah Montana sent her a personalized letter! She keeps it in a plastic cover on her dresser with all of her medals from comps.
My favorite video still is of her explaining stunt group positions..."Now this one's tricky..."
Super kid and a great role model!

Back