All-Star Why Does This Continue To Happen?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I heard and it's probably just a rumor, that Gym Tyme KY was pulling the licensing agreement from GT IL over this. Anyone hear of that or know if it's true.

Kind of unrelated but I've been wondering this all season. Can you not compete D2 at all, or is it just in regards to getting Summit bids?

I know of gyms that do this as well, so I wasn't sure if you could compete as D2, but not get a bid or what, even if you are a satellite location of a large gym, that has the same owners. . .

Last edited:
I know of gyms that do this as well, so I wasn't sure if you could compete as D2, but not get a bid or what, even if you are a satellite location of a large gym, that has the same owners. . .
It was confirmed that this season the smaller locations of big gyms were able to compete D2, just weren't eligible for D2 summit bids. I believe it is going to change for next season.

It was confirmed that this season the smaller locations of big gyms were able to compete D2, just weren't eligible for D2 summit bids. I believe it is going to change for next season.

This also means if they compete in D2 they aren't eligible for a D1 bid for that comp?
There's a team that keeps competing in D2 divisions that has a WC bid to D1 - and is in our division and we continue to lose to them :/

This also means if they compete in D2 they aren't eligible for a D1 bid for that comp?
There's a team that keeps competing in D2 divisions that has a WC bid to D1 - and is in our division and we continue to lose to them :/
That I'm not sure. I know true D2 gyms (not ones that are smaller locations of big gyms) are eligible for D1 bids, but I'm not sure if they need to compete D1 at the comp to get the bid. Perhaps they competed D1 at the comp they got the bid at. Or maybe that's not a requirement.

The way I understand it they were only required to compete in D1 at the comp they got the bid at.

So a team can theoretically compete in D1 early on in the season, earn a bid for D1 Summit and is free to compete in D2 division for the rest of the season until the D1 summit?

So a team can theoretically compete in D1 early on in the season, earn a bid for D1 Summit and is free to compete in D2 division for the rest of the season until the D1 summit?

Correct.

I don't know why a team would do that though. My D2 junior 1 team has a bid to the D1 summit and when it is split, we always choose to compete D1. We want to see how we score against those larger gyms, since that is who we will be competing against at the summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct.

I don't know why a team would do that though. My D2 junior 1 team has a bid to the D1 summit and when it is split, we always choose to compete D1. We want to see how we score against those larger gyms, since that is who we will be competing against at the summit.

To say they got " first place". But you are right, it won't do them any good at summit.

I don't get it either. A gym in our area pulls some of the same things to say they got "first place" and it drives me crazy.

We have one of those gyms too. They dropped all of their teams 1-2 levels so they could win, and brag about their summit bids. Even though a majority of their level 2 team has athletes with layouts, fulls, and doubles, and their level 1 team has a majority of kids with back handsprings and tucks.

Back