All-Star Worlds Age Change???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

L4 Standing tumbling will only allow aerial skill in a tuck position no X outs, pikes, layouts. etc the pass has to end in a tuck.
L4 Standing tumbling no longer allows tumbling out of aerial skills no whips or tuck through skills.
Is that for international or all level 4?

My profile says coming soon, does that mean it is only being released to coaches, gym owners?

L4 Standing tumbling will only allow aerial skill in a tuck position no X outs, pikes, layouts. etc the pass has to end in a tuck.
L4 Standing tumbling no longer allows tumbling out of aerial skills no whips or tuck through skills.

Ppep (Only) offers 3.1 and 3.2 divisions.

The only thing I like is the FUNdamental division, das it.

That is the most idiotic skill progression I have ever heard. I get maybe taking out whips... maybe. But now level 4 athletes who transition to level 5 are going to skip the layout step and go from competing two to tuck to competing two to full?!?!

We’ve been bustin our a$$ for the past 10 years trying to make tumbling technique in cheerleading better and now that the industry as a whole is finally starting to get cleaner and safer we’re removing layouts from the skill progression?!?! That’s ridiculous! I seriously cannot wrap my head around the thought process.

Did they remove twisting from standing tumbling in restricted 5 divisions at least so kids have a level to work on hollow body tumbling before they twist?

I’m curious how gyms with limited space can accommodate fundamental, novice, prep and elite divisions with multiple age groups and levels?

Are you still allowed to "play up" a year? Soccer was my main sport growing up and I was always the youngest in my grade because of my birthday and I skipped a grade. My last few years I played up an age group to be with those in my grade instead of those at my age. That was back in like 05-08 ish though. It's weird to think about because even on the younger team I was still the youngest, then I went to being the youngest by a lot. But I was used to that haha.
But in my area we also had age restrictions for when you could start doing travel. I believe it was 9 for the less advanced league and then 12 for the more advanced one.
Yes, they still can as far as I know. I think there is one kid in my son’s grade who plays for a 2002 team and his birth year is 2003. He’s good but he’s a special snowflake, as is his sister who mom says is going to get a cheer scholarship to college.

I’m curious how gyms with limited space can accommodate fundamental, novice, prep and elite divisions with multiple age groups and levels?

Have they explained this at all? Like what’s the difference between senior novice level 3 and senior elite level 3?

What’s the difference between open and International?

Any changes for tumbling or baskets on level 5 (specifically 5restricted and j5 since my kid will be stuck there another two seasons)??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
R5 and Y5 Standing tumbling is NO longer allowed to twist. Baskets are the same.

That is the most idiotic skill progression I have ever heard. I get maybe taking out whips... maybe. But now level 4 athletes who transition to level 5 are going to skip the layout step and go from competing two to tuck to competing two to full?!?!

We’ve been bustin our a$$ for the past 10 years trying to make tumbling technique in cheerleading better and now that the industry as a whole is finally starting to get cleaner and safer we’re removing layouts from the skill progression?!?! That’s ridiculous! I seriously cannot wrap my head around the thought process.

Did they remove twisting from standing tumbling in restricted 5 divisions at least so kids have a level to work on hollow body tumbling before they twist?

R5 and Y5 Standing tumbling is NO longer allowed to twist.

Is that for international or all level 4?

I believe it would apply to all level 4 divisions.

R5 and Y5 Standing tumbling is NO longer allowed to twist. Baskets are the same.

R5 and Y5 Standing tumbling is NO longer allowed to twist.

I believe it would apply to all level 4 divisions.
I have absolutely no words for this. It is actually laughable. My kid has done standing whip pass to full in the routine for two years now and because of her age will now not be allowed to move up or continue at least the same skills.

I have absolutely no words for this. It is actually laughable. My kid has done standing whip pass to full in the routine for two years now and because of her age will now not be allowed to move up or continue at least the same skills.

Pretty sure the J5 rules haven't changed. She can move up and progress.

Back