All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm assuming they got one....the side judge raised her hand when she went off...not sure about the one in the front

after rewatching the orange video that was definitely a stunt fall in the pyramid ... idk if it will be counted as that but the base completely lost the foot.

it didn't fall, she was holding on to her ankle after missing her foot and decide to play it safe and just grab her thigh when it came to the straddle. it didn't look good but at least she saved it.

I thought it was tampons too, but I've read that it can be caused by surgical infection. Any other causes?
it's caused mainly by the bacteria staphylococcus aereus, which is found on pretty much everybody. it's only when this bacteria is been giving a chance to multiply it can cause this toxic shock sydroom. in the case of using tampons is usually because one person uses a too large tampon or doesnt replace it fast enough or the tampon being too fluffy, therefor the blood is all clothing on one place and if the bacteria is present it will take the oppertunity to spread out via the blood. this bacteria needs an enviroment rich on proteines such as found in blood. also some people have a better resistance on this bacteria as others. but once you've got it, there is a higher risk on having it again. it can cause death within a few hours! so it's important it gets treatment as fast as possible. the infection can damage several organs. it's getting less common, in the 80's there were many cases, mainly because in that period of time more people were starting to use tampons and the causes were not known yet. but tampons are not the only cause, and eventhough it's more common among young women under 35, it can occur to children, eldery, men,... it's all a matter of having the right enviroment for this bacteria and bad luck.

TSS is caused by staph or strep bacteria. (Not just staph) It can be caused by lots of things, but most common are surgery, tampons, contraceptive sponges, open wounds, or childbirth - basically any situation where blood is held in one place to pool instead of circulate. The onset is extremely fast, and it's extremely dangerous. We spent a whole week of classes learning about it in my surgical tech classes (before that I really thought it was just tampons). There really isn't a lot of info on preventing it available, but we sure learned how to spot it.

She's a very lucky girl! I'm so glad they got her treatment in time - it's such a quick progression from onset to danger with TSS.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Obsession!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats @Mclovin !! I am sooo happy for you and your kids!!
1f30d.png
1f48d.png
1f60d.png
1f499.png
Thank you so much!!! I still can't believe both my babies are world champions!!!

Finally caught up on this thread. CONGRATS OBSESSION AND @Mclovin!!! So happy that they won and Reign globed! Disappointed for Cali Black Ops because they were super good this year, but they had some tumbling mistakes and that adds up.

Super nervous for Small and Large Coed. I'll be happy with whoever wins Large Senior, but I'm really hoping for a Stars or Orange win.
Thank you so so so much!!!!

Back