All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What's the point of hitting a boring routine? There's nothing remarkable about playing it safe. These routines would have hit earlier in the day.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || MEOW

trying not to reply to all this but this just irked me. the point of hitting a "boring routine" (which imo was my favorite routine because it APPEALS TO ME, A FAN, like you all, a fan of the other teams) is because clean scores higher than flashy. I don't get why worlds has been around for 11 years and yet nobody has figured that out and out of those 11 years orange has won 8 of them. and lets remember that those teams performed early on sunday and orange was still in 1st. So your theory on having them compete earlier may or may not have changed anything. Orange had the highest raw on both days. So you are wrong about "nothing remarkable about playing it safe" they got a ring out of it. And there was nothing safe about their routine, it was full of difficulty and it all around hit well and clean. Orange got the SAME treatment as every other team there and shoot they were the LAST team to go on that night.

And to everyone saying how "these teams never bomb at worlds its the USASF's fault" orange has never bombed at NCA or placed lower than 2nd but guess what they did. Mistakes happen and they used that as motivation for worlds, and you know what? Every other team in this division will use this as motivation for next year. It honestly kills me that you all cannot be happy for a team winning. It's really not even that hard. I did not sit here 2 months ago and make up excuses for why orange looked a mess at NCA. Having orange and peach in this division the past 2 years has made me grow a HUGE amount of respect for these teams and what they put out, if orange didn't win, it would have been because they didn't hit or another team(or teams) were better. You congratulate them and move on.

And when it comes to "boring" routines. As i stated earlier you may have found it boring, but i found it as my favorite routine in that division and one of my favorite routines of year(along with all our other teams) because i like their style, just like you all like the other teams style. I may not be rooting for the other teams to win, but i sure as heck would show them respect and be happy for them because in the end they EARNED it. I sat there in the new fierce board section(i guess you could call it that) and cheered on EVERY large senior team(and i have TEAL/STARS fans on here to prove it) because i truly enjoy that division and want those teams to put on a showing. Seriously just grow up and give credit when its due for once instead of tearing teams apart. You will NEVER see a stingray routine built to please a crowd. The crowd doesn't score them.

trying not to reply to all this but this just irked me. the point of hitting a "boring routine" (which imo was my favorite routine because it APPEALS TO ME, A FAN, like you all, a fan of the other teams) is because clean scores higher than flashy. I don't get why worlds has been around for 11 years and yet nobody has figured that out and out of those 11 years orange has won 8 of them. and lets remember that those teams performed early on sunday and orange was still in 1st. So your theory on having them compete earlier may or may not have changed anything. Orange had the highest raw on both days. So you are wrong about "nothing remarkable about playing it safe" they got a ring out of it. And there was nothing safe about their routine, it was full of difficulty and it all around hit well and clean. Orange got the SAME treatment as every other team there and shoot they were the LAST team to go on that night.

And to everyone saying how "these teams never bomb at worlds its the USASF's fault" orange has never bombed at NCA or placed lower than 2nd but guess what they did. Mistakes happen and they used that as motivation for worlds, and you know what? Every other team in this division will use this as motivation for next year. It honestly kills me that you all cannot be happy for a team winning. It's really not even that hard. I did not sit here 2 months ago and make up excuses for why orange looked a mess at NCA. Having orange and peach in this division the past 2 years has made me grow a HUGE amount of respect for these teams and what they put out, if orange didn't win, it would have been because they didn't hit or another team(or teams) were better. You congratulate them and move on.

And when it comes to "boring" routines. As i stated earlier you may have found it boring, but i found it as my favorite routine in that division and one of my favorite routines of year(along with all our other teams) because i like their style, just like you all like the other teams style. I may not be rooting for the other teams to win, but i sure as heck would show them respect and be happy for them because in the end they EARNED it. I sat there in the new fierce board section(i guess you could call it that) and cheered on EVERY large senior team(and i have TEAL/STARS fans on here to prove it) because i truly enjoy that division and want those teams to put on a showing. Seriously just grow up and give credit when its due for once instead of tearing teams apart. You will NEVER see a stingray routine built to please a crowd. The crowd doesn't score them.

That's fine but then they can't get upset when the crowd doesn't like them either. Just saying.

Yeah, thats great and all but Orange are the extreme on one side of the clean+boring and sloppy+exciting scale and there are World champions sitting in the middle. All we're saying is, wouldn't it be awesome if Orange maintained the clean but were a little more exciting.

We are not saying they have to be exciting in order to win (clearly, they don't), we're just saying - and I knooooooow they don't perform for the fans - that it would be nice.

Plenty teams have won lots of rings being exciting and clean. TGLC, wildcats etc etc.

Feel free to reply to this saying "tell that to Orange's 8 worlds rings" and "they don't perform for the crowd" but all we're saying is, it would be nice. Its not bashing Orange, just saying imagine what could be.

Edit to say - I'm not saying what you're saying is wrong and I know as a Stingray you have bias and will defend Orange to the ends of the earth but I'm just trying to explain where we're coming from :)

Yeah, thats great and all but Orange are the extreme on one side of the clean+boring and sloppy+exciting scale and there are World champions sitting in the middle. All we're saying is, wouldn't it be awesome if Orange maintained the clean but were a little more exciting.

We are not saying they have to be exciting in order to win (clearly, they don't), we're just saying - and I knooooooow they don't perform for the fans - that it would be nice.

Plenty teams have won lots of rings being exciting and clean. TGLC, wildcats etc etc.

Feel free to reply to this saying "tell that to Orange's 8 worlds rings" and "they don't perform for the crowd" but all we're saying is, it would be nice. Its not bashing Orange, just saying imagine what could be.

Edit to say - I'm not saying what you're saying is wrong and I know as a Stingray you have bias and will defend Orange to the ends of the earth but I'm just trying to explain where we're coming from :)

no by all means you don't have to be a fan of their style, wasn't saying you had to love it or even remotely like it. i was referring to the post i quoted saying "whats the point of doing a boring routine" and i was just saying that it won them a ring and that it does appeal to their group of fans as well! also its pretty uncalled for, for people on here to post "ew" or "ugh anyone but them". thats just downright distasteful especially when this board is ALL about bashing teams for being unsportsmanlike.

The rays argument will never die will it. Bottom line whether or not a routine is boring or not is based on the person. I find SE routines boring but that's just me. It's like trying to tell me anyone other than 10 is the best doctor(shameless doctor who reference) I think we can all just be fans of whoever or whatever style without there being a discussion of who should or shouldn't have won.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back