All-Star Worst Deductions Ever/can You Even Be Deducted For This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, it's really stupid. My team never got deducted for sill things like that and this is what we did:
*french braid bangs
*Put hair into a high ponytail
*Put lots of gel in our ponytails
*Used small sponge rollers and curled our whole ponytail
*Hairspray the poo out of everything
*Slept on it (very uncomfortable I will add)
*Next morning hairspray your hair (still in curlers)
*Take all the rollers out
*Put your bow in
*Pin down all of your curls and bow. We each used almost a whole pack of bobby pins.

For each curl, piece of hair, or bow that touches your neck/face/shoulders it is a five point deduction. Right after warm ups and before pictures we would all shake out heads around and pin all of the curls down that had been unpinned during warm ups. It is the dummest rule I've ever heard but so many teams don't listen and get deducated for it. Most all of the girls on my team had either very long hair or very short hair so it was difficult to make it work but we made sure we wouldn't lose state for something so stupid.

Here is the link to the rules/penalties/bonus/comments sheets that the Judges use at our state/regionals competitions:
http://missouricheercoaches.org/pb/wp_c34501ec/wp_c34501ec.html

Do you have a picture of this?

Do you have a picture of this?
Sorry that I look like a hot mess in both pictures haha. The first one was taken right before awards and the second one was taken right after we had won and my mom was freaking out so that's why the picture is blurry lol.

Here is a picture of it from the front:
2ugny4l.jpg

This is the best best picture I could find of the back but you can see how it's all bobby pinned in:
28tfe6u.jpg

Sorry that I look like a hot mess in both pictures haha. The first one was taken right before awards and the second one was taken right after we had won and my mom was freaking out so that's why the picture is blurry lol.

Here is a picture of it from the front:

This is the best best picture I could find of the back but you can see how it's all bobby pinned in:

Wow that looks complicated, oh the joys of high school cheer :rolleyes:

Can you actually get deducted for nail polish? My high school coach has always told me you can but I've never heard of it actually happening.
Where i'm from here is a rule that if your nail polish doesn't match your uniform its a 5 point deduction

But you can have an extended two-legged stunt braced by 2 people in Level 1? Maybe that is possibly what they meant?

I was thinking the same thing.

And also, that wouldn't technically be a deduction. I know, having a level 1 CP, that you just start at a lower point value in many scoring systems for not having a 2-legged extention in the pyramid, but you're not really deducted for it.

Back