All-Star Xtreme Spirit Kalahari

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks. We will pursue it. And I was told by security that they were now identified when we gave them more pictures to compare the video pictures too. They have been following with their cameras and have been tracking the offenders back to their rooms. I am pursueing it because it was not random. It was directed at my child. Stuff was written right at her head on the poster. It was a team picture. They knew who she was. And the same for the other teammates.

I was also talking to one of your parents who is friends with another family at our gym and they said that you know who it was and that the girls have been talked too. This was a parent from your gym telling us this. Not hear say.

Again twisting words. I said I was informed on the situation and it was handled. When I said handled it referred to the fact they I personally saw the tapes and I know it wasn't our kids. Again quit talking about it. I wouldn't sit here and tell you to persue futher action if I didn't already see it. So just let us all know how it turns out.

All this wouldn't be going on if 2 big name teams walk awaywith the bids. We have been playing catch up all season. My kids know that have to work twice as hard and be twice as nice. But when it pays off people just want to bring them down. I'm glad that most of my kids don't read these boads. Because we didn't award ourselves first place. If you don't like it, don't take it out on them.

I
Again twisting words. I said I was informed on the situation and it was handled. When I said handled it referred to the fact they I personally saw the tapes and I know it wasn't our kids. Again quit talking about it. I wouldn't sit here and tell you to persue futher action if I didn't already see it. So just let us all know how it turns out.

All this wouldn't be going on if 2 big name teams walk awaywith the bids. We have been playing catch up all season. My kids know that have to work twice as hard and be twice as nice. But when it pays off people just want to bring them down. I'm glad that most of my kids don't read these boads. Because we didn't award ourselves first place. If you don't like it, don't take it out on them.
I am not twisting your words. I know what's going to be done and these parents told us who they were too. The tapes were very clear. You can see very well who it is. The tapes are very clear. The manager assured me that we have who it is. It was being looked into more last night when we had another situation after the competition with more cheerleaders. All that matters is that we know who it is and something will be done about. This was just one of too many instances of bad sportsmanship. I will not take it anymore. It has gone too far this time!!
That's all I will say because the police do not want us talking to you about this.

Have a wonderful day!!

There is no excuse for bad behavior, and there should be recourse through the production company as well. Maybe the rewards given to these youngsters should be reconsidered. A strong example needs to be made out of this behavior.

The production company was behaving in the same way. I've never had someone running (aka the owner) a competition actually be completely rude when asking a question. We were told not to be difficult, when asking how late we were running and when we'd be performing, and were never given an answer. That was kind of the theme for the weekend I think.

For everyone complaining and saying "What a terrible competition." ... how about you educate yourselves before making comments like this that make you look ignorant. Xtreme spirit has their scoresheet available on their website. Everyone here had access to it before the competition. It is 100% clear that execution is extremely important. It came down to who had the least amount of mistakes for the most part. Difficulty had a definite part in the game as well. Rebels was the ONLY team in the division that hit. Heat had one stunt fall.... Ultimate had two... GBE had two... Cheer Command had two... HEAT ended up in 2nd because their routine was extremely difficult. So yes-- difficulty WAS rewarded, however if you did not hit, it wasn't going to do you much good. Who hit---won. My friend has videos of all these teams from today and I will gladly post all of them for you to see. Seeing it in person, I know that the bids went EXACTLY to who they should have. Sadly several teams had bad sportsmanship because they are sore about not being ahead of teams with less mistakes. Nobody is perfect and every team is bound to make mistakes at one point or another. Get over it. You don't have to take my word for it... but I will post videos soon and you can all make your own opinions based off what you see.

I wish more people understood the division between level 4 and level 5 teams. Hitting is really important, yes, but legacy had some of the hardest everything in their division and with 2 stunt drops their is no way they should have been in last. I think it was a jank competition and I had watched day two and think that the placement was somewhat unfair. Atleast worlds will have fair scoring

How much were deductions for touchdowns and fallen stunts?

I
I am not twisting your words. I know what's going to be done and these parents told us who they were too. The tapes were very clear. You can see very well who it is. The tapes are very clear. The manager assured me that we have who it is. It was being looked into more last night when we had another situation after the competition with more cheerleaders. All that matters is that we know who it is and something will be done about. This was just one of too many instances of bad sportsmanship. I will not take it anymore. It has gone too far this time!!
That's all I will say because the police do not want us talking to you about this.

Have a wonderful day!!

Stop causing drama. Its annoying. Rebels got the bid.

Tumbling: Hands down -1 Tumble Fall -5
Stunts: Bobble -.5 Stunt Drop -1 Stunt Fall -5
Pyramids: Bobble -.5 Drop -1 Fall -5

I have a few questions and point of concerns after watching Allstar Rebels and some of the other teams from this competition.

I dont think you can argue 'execution' won it for Allstar Rebels. Their stunts stayed up, and they didnt have numerous touchdowns. However, their execution on their skills that DID HIT were not that great. They only had four stunts and one of them didnt even do any of the elite entry things. Their kick doubles werent executioned well. They had several fulls thrown that were scary. There stunts stayed up, but they werent stable. It didnt look like they had majority jumps to back.

There were other teams there, that didnt hit as well that should have scored higher then them regardless because their tumbling was executed well, etc.

Are judges saying that they woudl rather see jank tumbling that lands over very high execution on skills with a touch down? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

With the new way Worlds is set up, Allstar Rebels will AUTOMATICALLY make it to Prelims... That is CRAZY!

Congrats to Allstar Rebels for hitting, and being rewarded. I am not question the coaches, athletes, or anyone affiliated with the gym. I am simply making observations about theiur routine and questioning the judges and the competition company. Please no one from Allstar rebels think I am bashing, just trying to understand and using your routine to point out what you did vs others I think is fair. I want to discuss!!!

I have a few questions and point of concerns after watching Allstar Rebels and some of the other teams from this competition.

I dont think you can argue 'execution' won it for Allstar Rebels. Their stunts stayed up, and they didnt have numerous touchdowns. However, their execution on their skills that DID HIT were not that great. They only had four stunts and one of them didnt even do any of the elite entry things. Their kick doubles werent executioned well. They had several fulls thrown that were scary. There stunts stayed up, but they werent stable. It didnt look like they had majority jumps to back.

There were other teams there, that didnt hit as well that should have scored higher then them regardless because their tumbling was executed well, etc.

Are judges saying that they woudl rather see jank tumbling that lands over very high execution on skills with a touch down? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

With the new way Worlds is set up, Allstar Rebels will AUTOMATICALLY make it to Prelims... That is CRAZY!

Congrats to Allstar Rebels for hitting, and being rewarded. I am not question the coaches, athletes, or anyone affiliated with the gym. I am simply making observations about theiur routine and questioning the judges and the competition company. Please no one from Allstar rebels think I am bashing, just trying to understand and using your routine to point out what you did vs others I think is fair. I want to discuss!!!

I was thinking the same thing, with the way the small sr division will be at worlds - some teams with paid bids will automatically make it to finals with lesser skill than some teams that may have received an at -large bid, depending on what comp they received their bid at...I am in no way calling out any team (that is not my nature) - I am just wondering why it was changed...my daughter's team only received an at large bid last year, but we ended up placing top ten.

I was thinking the same thing, with the way the small sr division will be at worlds - some teams with paid bids will automatically make it to finals with lesser skill than some teams that may have received an at -large bid, depending on what comp they received their bid at...I am in no way calling out any team (that is not my nature) - I am just wondering why it was changed...my daughter's team only received an at large bid last year, but we ended up placing top ten.

People with an At-Large will still be able to place Top 10 - They will just have to compete three times instead of two. People with Paid Bids AUTOMATICALLY skip past Trials - And go Straight to Prelims.

People with an At-Large will still be able to place Top 10 - They will just have to compete three times instead of two. People with Paid Bids AUTOMATICALLY skip past Trials - And go Straight to Prelims.

Yes, I understand that part:) I was just wondering why it was changed, it keeps going back and forth every year to something different. (I know they did it in the past where paid bids went straight to finals). I guess the perks of a paid bid for the small all girl division :D I am not for or against it, just wondering why they changed it this year - maybe due to the fact of how big the small all girl division has become at worlds. We all know it is not always the case that paid bid teams are better skilled then some at large bid teams - just the luck of the comp the bid was awarded at. I think that was the point that was trying to come across...that now paid bids will automatically advance to finals.

Yes, I understand that part:) I was just wondering why it was changed, it keeps going back and forth every year to something different. (I know they did it in the past where paid bids went straight to finals). I guess the perks of a paid bid for the small all girl division :D I am not for or against it, just wondering why they changed it this year - maybe due to the fact of how big the small all girl division has become at worlds. We all know it is not always the case that paid bid teams are better skilled then some at large bid teams - just the luck of the comp the bid was awarded at. I think that was the point that was trying to come across...that now paid bids will automatically advance to finals.

I think that paid bids only advance to prelims...

Anyway, I cant answer WHY they changed it, but I think it was having to do how large some of the divisions were becoming. Even the most perfect of judges cant fairly judge 80 teams fairly. Last year when they split the divisions (My division I am concerned with is Small Limited, as I have a team in that division) it wasnt judged correctly in the fairness scheme of things.

It used to be the top 50% ish teams advanced to finals. Then with the split divisions, they decided that within the two split divisions, they would take the top 60% (The extra 10% was used, Im assuming, to account for any biases, etc) Anyway - Even with that being said, Group B last year in the Small Limited division had much higher scores then Group A. Some of the teams in Group B that didnt advance to finals (missing the 60% cut off) were still within the top 50% scores if they would have combined the divisions.

I am assuming, with that being said, that the reason they are doing something different, is because, IMO, what they did last year wasnt working, at least not fairly - So they are trying a new tactic - Trial and Error I think you call it.

I really do like the idea of Trials. It will weed out some teams that might not be easy on the eyes to watch, and will make Prelims and Finals consist of teams that TRUELY belong in Prelims. Looking at this from an athletes point of view, competing three times is a lot in a weekend, and from what I heard from the international teams that had to do trials last year, I think someone said in another post, that Top Gun International had to compete twice within under 2 hours of each other. That can really take a toll on someones body - Getting warm, competing, getting cold, warm again, and competeing.

I really think that I would more so like the idea of how NCA College Nationals does there Prelims to finals. You compete in Prelims and try to make the top 50% to move on to Finals. Whoever doesnt make the Top 50% goes and competes in the Challenge Cup. The winner of the Challenge Cuo moves to finals. Beings Worlds would probably have a lot more teams competing in the Challenge Cup then NCA (I think NCA only probabaly has like 10-12 teams in a Challnege cup AT MOST) The Worlds Challenge Cup could take like the top 5 or 10% placing teams into finals. That way everyone will get to compete twice - With another chance to prove themselves (incase a REALLY GOOD TEAM just falls apart in Prelims, it will give them a chance to make finals - If you cant prove yourself out of two performances, IMO, you SHOULD be left out of Finals)

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Back