All-Star You All Knew This Was Coming!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who owns the throne... and the Large Senior Golden Globe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a little confused as to why CEA keeps being referred to as so consistent. They have dropped in finals for the last 3 years. That's I think where teams like Spice and WCSS are going to have the upper hand.

I think (assumed) they were referring to consistency this year throughout the season

I'm a little confused as to why CEA keeps being referred to as so consistent. They have dropped in finals for the last 3 years. That's I think where teams like Spice and WCSS are going to have the upper hand.

hasn't wcss only hit there routine one time this year? I dont think that gives them an upper hand?

Pride in a team or program doesn't bother me. I'm more bothered by bamdwagon jumpers than people who say we. Its sports! Fans are important!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

werd...I mean especially in professional sports... where would they be w/o their fans? Not millionaires that's for sure ;)

not to step on your toes, but wouldnt shooting stars till own the "throne" since they won three times. Im confused as to who owns the thrown lol. Is it the most recent or the longest reigning?

Are you serious? Who is defending the title THIS year? The answer to that question is who owns the Throne. What WCSS did in winning it back to back to back was amazing no doubt, but they are currently runner ups to SR Elite until something changes on May 1, 2011.

Just read Rich's "fair" assessment, no comment - I have nothing NICE to say.
and here i was hoping that since you changed your avatar and signature that you stopped drinking the juice

ya know, it's really okay for people to admit that they don't know what they're talking about. we're all human, it's impossible for one to know everything, but this admitting this might be the first step for a lot of you to stop cooking up bullsh*t and trying to pass it off as foie gras :)

I guess what really amuses me is the lack of logic throughout this thread. So many people are using the same reasons to argue against one team, and then using them again to argue in support of another.

Some are saying that F5's stunt is safe... why is that, because it hits? But when we take the section apart, its scoring quite well. While the lesser teams in the division may have "harder" stunt sequences (which I have yet to see any of them actually hit consistently), most of these teams lack in other areas and only have one stunt section, so I would EXPECT that to be the strongest part of their routine.

@pullandpray23 you're claiming that F5's routine doesn't match up, yet you're neglecting the fact that this team was in 1st place @ Indy and had the highest OVERALL score @ NCA day one, so there must be "something" right about the routine. The times when F5 took second to WC and CEA it was simply by a margin, while these top 3 teams are beating the bottom half by a stretch.

So your next argument is to attack F5's inconsistency, yet you're boasting a team that has not hit their routine in MONTHS (including 1 day AND 2 day comps) and that has been at the bottom of the pack multiple times this season. and you are forgetting all about the fact that WCSS has not hit their routine two days in a row all season! Yes, F5 had its kinks to work out during the season, but I'm happier to see them "struggle" in January and February rather than in the late months.

It's one thing to not want F5 to win worlds and to wish for another team to take the gold, but to sit up here & act like F5 doesn't even have a shot is absurd.

Why do we always have to go "THERE"? Love your teams, but this is turning into "Who's got the prettier girlfiend" talk. This is SO tiring for those of you who support teams other than WCSS, CEA, and F5. My daughter is on one of these teams and she said that it's not the people from those programs that stoke the bad feelings. It's some of the fans. Let them compete and bring it to Worlds. We will know who won soon...Oh, and by the way, the ones who win are the best on THAT weekend (according to the judges.) Let's try and keep it a friendly rivalry...pretty please?

first of all, everyone's little personal banners i feel are HUGE now. it's a little overwhelming. now i don't know why everyone gets offended if one of the not "top 3" teams isn't mentioned in a thread about the "top 3" teams? maybe YOU forgot to do some critical reading? seriously people we should relax. this wasn't a general large senior thread and personally i think we need to give the top 3 a little more credit. they have been powerhouses in the division for YEARS and it didn't happen over night. so all of the teams that may be newer to the division or the ones that have really started to step it up skill wise, you're not forgotten but f5, stars, and cea works hard too! these teams have paid their dues and created the buzz and reputation by WINNING major nationals and/or are consistently at the top of the division year after year. it makes about as much sense as a freshman being mad that a senior was nominated "most likeable". i'm not that well learned in cea's history but i know f5 and stars have never not placed in the top 4 at worlds. f5 was at the FIRST worlds and placed second. stars won 3 years in a row. cea has become a major player in the division and are obviously trying to defend their world championship title. i feel that these teams are so scrutinized but the reality is if they all hit, they WILL be in the top 3. it's not being cocky or trying to purposely leave out a team. these teams have had the highest scores all season not only in their division, but of entire competitions. it just annoys me that f5 is the worst team ever if they have a flexed toe but susie allstars can have half the skills, be inconsistent the entire season but still be given all these accolades as if they have accomplished something. now i'm not saying it couldn't happen but we can't ignore the results from the season and downplay the big 3's accomplishments b/c you want your team to have their moment. you can't force anyone to like your team and not like their own personal favorite team and you certainly can't expect people to automatically consider you a major contender if you haven't proved yourself. i do believe that the top 3 are the only teams left in the division with actual globes in large senior. panthers and american are no more. in short i think we need to appreciate the athleticism of all of these teams and just root for your favorite in a nice, pleasantville-type manner.

i do believe that the top 3 are the only teams left in the division with actual globes in large senior. panthers and american are no more. in short i think we need to appreciate the athleticism of all of these teams and just root for your favorite in a nice, pleasantville-type manner.[/quote]

I think Charlotte globed a couple years ago:)

I think Charlotte globed a couple years ago:)
While Charlotte is back in the division, i wouldn't say this is the team that won a globe. As in, its not their premier team like it was when they got silver

Back