All-Star You Might Be A Crazy Cheer Mom If...... (confession Time)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I caught a video yesterday from that reality show (CTR) of the once baby now 5 year old (I think) and the title was "Working her full,"...I genuinely hope the average mom doesn't expect that out of their Tiny aged kid.

Link? :)

Ridiculous.

1. When you push your 5 year old through skills to the point that they're "working fulls" at such an early age, they are not developing strong technique.

Your 5 year old doesn't have a full.

She probably has a tumbling Death Star.

She also doesn't have a layout.

She has a Whip Out or Pike-out.

2. You're going to push her through skills so quickly that your small program is literally going to have to create teams just so she won't want to go to the "carpool to CA" route. Ex: I am convinced CTR created that Worlds team to accommodate the older L5 tumbler daughter.
LMAO. We need to have a name contest for some of those "skills". I'm digging "lay-ucks".

You know, it's funny you ask for that because the video has suddenly disappeared. I even used google to try and find it and poof! It was entitled 'Chanlee working her full" and it was her on a tumble track and she kinda spirals to her death on a mat.

Here is her standing tumbling videos, which have remained up, and I'll throw in one of Cambrey and her full

You know, it's funny you ask for that because the video has suddenly disappeared. I even used google to try and find it and poof! It was entitled 'Chanlee working her full" and it was her on a tumble track and she kinda spirals to her death on a mat.

Here is her standing tumbling videos, which have remained up, and I'll throw in one of Cambrey and her full

Oh. My. Knees. Hurt. Now.

^^^Disclaimer: I don't know them at all but I am sure they are nice folks.

However, I'd really like to know what makes them look at the above technique and say "Yes! My kid is totally ready to start working on layouts/fulls!"

Scary.

What is scarier, is that people pay them to teach their kids. Explore her youtube channel---while her kids are the majority of the videos, they're not all of them and across the board---my knees and ankles hurt 95% of the time.

Why push these young babies so hard?? My 7 year old started working on tucks (she is technically ready and her privates coach is picky and doesn't push her beyond her capabilities - our gym is conservative while bot holding you back either) in her privates and all the sudden her back walkovers became sloppy (bent knee) so I told her coach to go back on cleaning them up before anything else. She is on a l1 mini team (gym does not have l2 mini or youth - only junior this season) so she needs those back walkovers whereas she won't need a tuck anytime soon... So why push them so young? Do people not think about te fact that if she gets her her season will be over, she'll most likely will be scared for a long time and she will let her team down cause she can't perform...

Her body lines in her handspring actually didn't look too bad in the full (3rd) video. And I like the fact that she's being taught to tumble with speed (though, speed isn't all that safe if your technique isn't perfect or at least close to it).

Oh my goodness, you can't help but laugh at the craziness in those videos - cheering "yay!" to the third video where the kid totally does a spiral death ball down to her knees - you kind of expect that stuff from the run of the mill SM, but not from a coach/gym owner :(. And I think the skill in second video is a combination layout whip pike AND tuck all in one - not sure I've seen one of those before. SMH :(.

Cute kid. She ran about 1/2 a mile before throwing that full.

I hadn't heard of the show until reading this thread, so I just started watching it. From what I watched so far, Alisha looks like a nice lady and her kids just seem to naturally like the sport. I'm guessing they learned some of those skills from being in the gym so much. They see the big girls trying new things and kind of teach themselves on the side.

Have y'all seen this?

Is this video supposed to be the Shaytards? Because I feel like I'm missing something....

Also, I love Alisha and her family, they have always been the sweetest to my cp and I and she is a amazing pageant coach and h/m artist, but those skills scare me....

Too many "C" names to keep track of, ugh.

All of her girls have C names; Cassadee, Cambree and Chanlee.

Back