All-Star Your/your Cp's Tryout Goals For 2018/2019?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Droplet met her tryout goal! She had the honor of finishing the 17-18 season with a trip to worlds with Coed Elite and she found out at teal reveal that she will get to be on coed for the whole season this year! She’s pretty pumped about that, and also for the chance to do some basing on Crush, our jr coed 5 team. First practices were last night and tonight and it looks like it’ll be a fun year!

Droplet met her tryout goal! She had the honor of finishing the 17-18 season with a trip to worlds with Coed Elite and she found out at teal reveal that she will get to be on coed for the whole season this year! She’s pretty pumped about that, and also for the chance to do some basing on Crush, our jr coed 5 team. First practices were last night and tonight and it looks like it’ll be a fun year!

Congratulations!!

Out of curiosity, feel free not to answer, do you know what division Coed Elite is going to be in? I'm seeing a ton of different speculations on twitter and genuinely curious if they're continuing going large or not.

Congrats. Assuming she flies on Coed? (not even sure if Coed utilizes girls in strength/basing roles?)

Congratulations!!

Out of curiosity, feel free not to answer, do you know what division Coed Elite is going to be in? I'm seeing a ton of different speculations on twitter and genuinely curious if they're continuing going large or not.

Thank you! Girl I have no idea. I just show up and pay the bills and try not to cry in priority at competitions. Not sure how many we had at practice last night even, but we have some in the process of moving here still and one or two returners I know even that had school obligations so your guess is as good as mine.

Congrats. Assuming she flies on Coed? (not even sure if Coed utilizes girls in strength/basing roles?)

Thank you! Oh goodness no. Droplet is most definitely not a flyer! Not sure what they plan to do with her.. she is pretty small (4’10) but strong. They used her at worlds as a tumbler, a spotter for coeds and she based a bit in pyramid. I assume possibly she will do same this year but it’s definitely too early in the season to know. :) We have had some all girl groups within the team in the past. Honestly I know nothing about worlds teams or coed at all so who knows! We are just along for the ride.

CP is on J4 again, she was disappointed not to make JR5 but seems to be over it now. The team seems to have more younger girls than last year so that made her happy and the coaches are different too(which she's not sure if she likes or not:rolleyes:). Hopefully it will be a good year.

Last edited:
My CPs goal was Jr1 at new gym and she got it!! Top Gun Jwon (jr 1).... and yes we are moving to Miami... jersey house is pending sale and I’ve been traveling back and forth to Miami for work and house hunting...

Here’s to new state, new life, new goals and palm trees instead of snow!! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My CPs goal was Jr1 at new gym and she got it!! Top Gun Jwon (jr 1).... and yes we are moving to Miami... jersey house is pending sale and I’ve been traveling back and forth to Miami for work and house hunting...

Here’s to new state, new life, new goals and palm trees instead of snow!! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best of luck all around! I hope she has a great season!

CP was hoping for S2. During level practices she had one night with S2. The next time she tumbled with S2 and stunted with J2. She was unsure at first about doing J2 again. But after practice on Thurs, she was pretty pleased. Everyone had skills and the flyers had body positions. We found out who was coaching too. So, team announcements came tonight and she is indeed J2 Onyx! We are very happy.

Team placement emails don't go out until tomorrow but CP was moved from what her practice group was so I got a call and found out today. She's going to be on M1 prep. She's okay with it, it's a different team finally but we are both ready for all star. Prep has a boring schedule and AS teams get more stuff. I get it because they pay more, but it's not like we aren't willing to pay more. I'm definitely more disappointed than she is. I agree that this team is the best fit for her based on what I was told, just disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Team placement emails don't go out until tomorrow but CP was moved from what her practice group was so I got a call and found out today. She's going to be on M1 prep. She's okay with it, it's a different team finally but we are both ready for all star. Prep has a boring schedule and AS teams get more stuff. I get it because they pay more, but it's not like we aren't willing to pay more. I'm definitely more disappointed than she is. I agree that this team is the best fit for her based on what I was told, just disappointed.

This isnt the first time it has happened, right?
I believe the same thing happened when she tried out for the tiny allstar program?

If you dont mind sharing, what were the reasons for her to be moved from allstar to prep?
Is it a common practice within your gym to "refuse" to place people on allstar teams if they possibly dont have the "complete package" yet?

That confuses me. Doesn't prep typically have a separate tryout/sign ups?

I did not know you could go to AS tryouts and be placed on prep. I always thought that if you attended the AS tryout/evals, it was assumed that you wanted to be on an actual AS team?

That confuses me. Doesn't prep typically have a separate tryout/sign ups?

I did not know you could go to AS tryouts and be placed on prep. I always thought that if you attended the AS tryout/evals, it was assumed that you wanted to be on an actual AS team?
Some gyms use prep as their “B team,” for lack of a better term. They’ll put you there if they don’t think your skills are ready for their all star teams. I don’t agree with it, but it happens.

This isnt the first time it has happened, right?
I believe the same thing happened when she tried out for the tiny allstar program?

If you dont mind sharing, what were the reasons for her to be moved from allstar to prep?
Is it a common practice within your gym to "refuse" to place people on allstar teams if they possibly dont have the "complete package" yet?

No, it isn't the first time but she was trying out for mini 1 all star last year as well. Last year the reasoning was her coordination and tumbling were not there yet and the tiny team needed her. They don't do a tiny all star team, only prep.

This year the reasoning is with the group of athletes they have, they decided not to do a mini 1 team for the year. I'm not sure if they are releasing what teams they'll have so I can't say what other teams the other M1 kids are going to, but she wouldn't have been utilized on those teams. She's too big to fly at this age, too small to base, and she's still struggling on the BWO.

I don't think it's common practice to refuse them for all star, but they do try to build the best teams they can and think of all the athletes success at the same time. If I can talk about the other teams later today, it does make more sense. I'm not blindly following gym loyalty, I already seriously thought about our other options and don't want to go that way yet.

Back